1. How many Wotlk clients can you run with 32 GB ram? Windows 10 x64

Planning to upgrade. How many clients can you use with 32GB ram? (Planning to get Ryzen 3600 or 3700X.) Minimum quality small resolution (~80x40 or smaller).

EDIT: Looking for memory usage in Main city ( SW / Orgrimmar). Lordaeron server should provide a decent benchmark during primetime (and has no qeue).
    Edited: August 19, 2019

2. The CPU will not be a issue, can run 60 accounts with a 5820K. The 32 GB of ram will allow more than 30 accounts, could even run 60 if your GPU is great and 64GB of ram. the GPU will be the determining factor, however, decreasing GPU Settings and FPS of the slaves will allow you to run it great on your main.

3. Planning to upgrade. How many clients can you use with 32GB ram? (Planning to get Ryzen 3600 or 3700X.) Minimum quality small resolution (~80x40 or smaller).

EDIT: Looking for memory usage in Main city ( SW / Orgrimmar). Lordaeron server should provide a decent benchmark during primetime (and has no qeue).

Horde or alliance? I hope you are Horde. :)

4. The CPU will not be a issue, can run 60 accounts with a 5820K
    WotLK main city at primetime (e.g. ~6k online ) ? That seems quite good actually.

The CPU will not be a issue, can run 60 accounts with a 5820K. The 32 GB of ram will allow more than 30 accounts, could even run 60 if your GPU is great and 64GB of ram. the GPU will be the determining factor, however, decreasing GPU Settings and FPS of the slaves will allow you to run it great on your main.
    I'm thinking about this "GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER" or similar. What resolution you had on slaves btw?

Horde or alliance? I hope you are Horde. :)
    Leaning towards Horde. Haven't decided yet tbh.
    Edited: August 20, 2019 Reason: formatting

5. With your mentioned specs I would say around 20 chars (endgame) Playing in starter/non crowded zones might give you the idea your CPU is stable enough to run more. But it won't be in endgame locations like dalaran, wintergrasp, icecrown. CPU will just trottle and choke your performance.

The CPU will not be a issue, can run 60 accounts with a 5820K. The 32 GB of ram will allow more than 30 accounts, could even run 60 if your GPU is great and 64GB of ram. the GPU will be the determining factor, however, decreasing GPU Settings and FPS of the slaves will allow you to run it great on your main.
    I don't suggest following this as it contains a lot of false information.
    - You can't run 60 accounts with a 5820K. (perhaps u can run them in starter zone but you won't have a fun time entering big cities or wintergrasp) Or with slaves trailing behind like a train... this ain't fun play :) talking fluent playstyle (PVP, Wintergrasp, PVE) you won't even run 30. (Take into account that 3rd party software like renderdisabler to improve performance is "in theory" not allowed)
    - Saying CPU ain't important is bs, CPU is probably the most important.
    - GPU will definetly NOT be the determining factor. (I run a 1080ti for 40 chars and it NEVER caps (my settings => all 40 slots on 1920x1080, videosettings low on 39/40, the main char has tweaked graphics)

May I ask what you're aiming for in multiboxing? Personally I would advise you to wait for the new Ryzen 16 core. add that 2060 super to it with 32gb ram and you will be able to run quite a few chars. If you plan to multitask and do stuff on your pc while boxing I suggest 64gb ram.

6. I ran into a video of the owner of IsBoxer doing a 60 char stress test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2YmRT4EGd4

Pretty impressive for a 6 core processor

7. I ran into a video of the owner of IsBoxer doing a 60 char stress test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2YmRT4EGd4

Pretty impressive for a 6 core processor
    That's not WotlK, hardware optimisation is completely different in newer patches. in MOP you could probably run 2/3x more chars than you can on WOTLK (with the exact same hardware).

8. WotLK main city at primetime (e.g. ~6k online ) ? That seems quite good actually.

I'm thinking about this "GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER" or similar. What resolution you had on slaves btw?

Leaning towards Horde. Haven't decided yet tbh.

Good choice on horde, don't go Alliance, they suck so much. Thanks! ;)

EDIT: Tell me your name in-game and we will talk there. :D

9. May I ask what you're aiming for in multiboxing?
    Mainly BGs & the occasional city raid.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions about the CPU. Did some tests in Sw: https://i.imgur.com/g4tqi6E.png

Looks like CPU is going to be capping much earlier than RAM. The price jump to 3900 (or a new threadripper) along with needing more ram seems a bit too much for me. Also the need for more ram in addition to a better CPU would put me over budget (~1100€-1500€ ish). I also play other games than WoW so keeping that in mind I shouldn't put too much money in this until If I know how much I'm gonna play.

I think I go with RAM: 32GB RAM, CPU is either 3700X OR 3600. So 15-25 clients.

10. Also the need for more ram in addition to a better CPU would put me over budget (~1100€-1500€ ish). I also play other games than WoW so keeping that in mind I shouldn't put too much money in this until If I know how much I'm gonna play.

I think I go with RAM: 32GB RAM, CPU is either 3700X OR 3600. So 15-25 clients.
    What's your current GPU?

Only an idea but if you start with lets say a 3600 with a highend mobo so if the need to expand ever comes you can upgrade the CPU and perhaps the GPU intime aswell (if it saves you some money and your current GPU is decent). By picking a high end mobo to start off your system will still be overclockable if you ever get an upgrade on your CPU.

I overclocked my 2990wx to 4.1 ghz on all 32 cores and the difference in performance is day and night.

11. Radeon HD 6650M.

I don't plan to upgrade anytime soon. By the time I upgrade (2025 + ) my mobo won't be able to support the new CPUs.
    Edited: August 21, 2019

12. Radeon HD 6650M.

I don't plan to upgrade anytime soon. By the time I upgrade (2025 + ) my mobo won't be able to support the new CPUs.
    I see, well.. do you want a whole new pc? if not wich parts do you plan to take from current pc into the new one?

a nice combo could be 3700x +5700xt + mobo (±1000-1100 €)(atleast in BE/NL, dunno where you are from) not sure what you want to add to it, if 1500€ is your max than you won't be able to build a whole new PC with those parts imo.

13. I'm on a laptop atm. So cant use anything (except external display, mouse, kb). Price will be roughly 1400 in eu area: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/yq3cQZ

By swapping to 3600 the price would drop more. I'm also considering RX 5700 XT for GPU, but AMD cards cant run tensor-flow training on GPU on windows 10. ROCm library only works on Linux AFAIK. Using virtualbox to run it might not work? I still need to figure if it works or not before I can decide on the card.

EDIT: Had some bad experiences with my current Radeon card on laptop. The drivers wouldn't recognize the GPU when I installed the new drivers. For this reason I'm a bit hesitant about Radeon card.
    Edited: August 23, 2019 Reason: Updated parts

14. Very strange, can confirm I can run up to 20 or so Pwnboxer accounts until my games start to decrease in performance.

Can run around 30 accounts just fine anywhere, and 60 when making a chain of Death Knights to from SW to STV for spam death gripping people into dueling zone outside SW, the 60 accounts tho decrease in performance if I go to Wintergrasp and Dalaran, but I don't play those much.

Edit: Forgot to mention that for some reason when I multibox with Isboxer, can run near double the accounts than with any other boxing program

15. I'm on a laptop atm. So cant use anything (except external display, mouse, kb). Price will be roughly 1400 in eu area: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/ski...d/#view=DdDXvK

By swapping to 3600 the price would drop more. I'm also considering RX 5700 XT for GPU, but AMD cards cant run tensor-flow training on GPU on windows 10. ROCm library only works on Linux AFAIK. Using virtualbox to run it might not work? I still need to figure if it works or not before I can decide on the card.

EDIT: Had some bad experiences with my current Radeon card on laptop. The drivers wouldn't recognize the GPU when I installed the new drivers. For this reason I'm a bit hesitant about Radeon card.
    I'll post a link in the weekend to give you my opinion.

Very strange, can confirm I can run up to 20 or so Pwnboxer accounts until my games start to decrease in performance.

Can run around 30 accounts just fine anywhere, and 60 when making a chain of Death Knights to from SW to STV for spam death gripping people into dueling zone outside SW, the 60 accounts tho decrease in performance if I go to Wintergrasp and Dalaran, but I don't play those much.

Edit: Forgot to mention that for some reason when I multibox with Isboxer, can run near double the accounts than with any other boxing program
    on Warmane/Wotlk? I find it hard to believe any combat situation wouldn't trottle/lagout 25+ chars on 1x 5820k, especially when fighting an entire team at the Wintergrasp keep, pretty sure you can do it on some later patches but on Wotlk, idk... I've seen better intel CPU's perform a lot worse. Gotta see it to believe it really :)

I don't doubt you can manage to run alot of accounts, but stable performance when you need it is something else.

123 Last