1. I'll post a link in the weekend to give you my opinion.

on Warmane/Wotlk? I find it hard to believe any combat situation wouldn't trottle/lagout 25+ chars on 1x 5820k, especially when fighting an entire team at the Wintergrasp keep, pretty sure you can do it on some later patches but on Wotlk, idk... I've seen better intel CPU's perform a lot worse. Gotta see it to believe it really :)

I don't doubt you can manage to run alot of accounts, but stable performance when you need it is something else.
    On Outland and most of Wrath is runs fine, a little scared to try out my chars in WG because i remember lagging during retail in that zone

2. Updated the link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wvwz8Y (last update on 25.08.2019)

Not planning to OC.

PSU: Either 550W or 650w. Which ever will last longer.

GPU: It appears RX 5700 XT doesn't support tensorflow on windows after all. Going with NVidia.

Box choices atm (might change later):
    - NZXT H500
    - SilverStone Redline RL06-PRO
    - Cooler Master H500.
    - Corsair 270R. It's old but the newer version of it is more expensive and doesn't offer improvements that would justify spending more on the new version.
    They had good reviews and are affordable. Good temps on RL06 and especially Cooler Master H500. NZXT had OK temps. 270R would be the budget choice.

RAM: 3200Mhz with CL16. Reviews showed only marginal improvements when going above 3200Mhz or going below CL15. Below CL15 no impact according to Crucial's research.

Mobo: Mortar MAX available in EU Area. Seems best for the price range.

SSD: Don't know much about these. Seems fast.
    Edited: August 24, 2019

3. Updated the link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wvwz8Y (last update on 25.08.2019)

Not planning to OC.

PSU: Either 550W or 650w. Which ever will last longer.

GPU: It appears RX 5700 XT doesn't support tensorflow on windows after all. Going with NVidia.

Box choices atm (might change later):
    - NZXT H500
    - SilverStone Redline RL06-PRO
    - Cooler Master H500.
    - Corsair 270R. It's old but the newer version of it is more expensive and doesn't offer improvements that would justify spending more on the new version.
    They had good reviews and are affordable. Good temps on RL06 and especially Cooler Master H500. NZXT had OK temps. 270R would be the budget choice.

RAM: 3200Mhz with CL16. Reviews showed only marginal improvements when going above 3200Mhz or going below CL15. Below CL15 no impact according to Crucial's research.

Mobo: Mortar MAX available in EU Area. Seems best for the price range.

SSD: Don't know much about these. Seems fast.
    Not a bad build.

Any particular reason you swapped the mobo for a micro atx? seeing you are not building in a very small case.

About the gpu's. I guess you might need the tensorflow support specifically for deep learning or w/e

4. Micro was a bit cheaper and still is very similar to the full ATX. Full ATX would have more PCI-E slots which I don't need anyway. Also micro atx is backwards compatable with ATX so it fits in the case (a.k.a. screw holes are in the correct location in the case).

I read somewhere that the Tomahawk Max might better if you OC (Better VRMs or smth). I'm not planning to OC so it doesn't really make a difference for me. Mortax Max (micro) still supports 64GB max ram which should be plenty if I decide I need more than 32GB.

Staying away from Mini- ATX though. Those tend to have less slots for memory.

EDIT: Take the comment about better VRMs with a grain of salt. I haven't actually checked myself or seen a reviewer (who knows what they are doing) figure out the difference.
    Edited: August 30, 2019

5. i personally have a 1950x (16 cores, 32 threads), and a vega 64, which....i think my vega 64 probably would run better than most nvidia cards. the reason being, i can run the hbm2 vram at 16 gb's. its really a good computational card, which.....should in theory at least, allow me to run past 60 characters. i really want to try running 100. i think i'll hit a server lag before a system lag. i have my system custom water cooled with a full radiator loop i built myself. i can run it at 4.15 ghz oc (however, due to degradation of the cpu, i personally run it at 4.0 because i'm not too comfortable running the volts that high to get to 4.15.).
    so.....the limiting factor so far? trying to create enough gmails for 100 accounts. freaking gmails require a phone number, which.....i thought if i changed my ip, it might get past that, it doesn't i tried creating a ping/text free number, gmail won't accept it. so....kinda stuck on gmail at the moment.
    i been running a hotkeynet system, i programmed it for 6 accounts but the dumb thing doesn't want to scale 5. only lets me run 5. prob going to try a cracked version of isboxer today, really don't like running cracks so.....i'll try ti on a system that isn't my main, and do some scanning of it.
    idk, searching forums to get some idea's on my goal of 100 man multibox and seen your thread so thought i'd comment.
    if anyone cares to see my build (kinda proud of it), i personally use it for a lot of things. you can go to my youtube page, search ThorOdin on there and search 1950x w/vega
    i also have a ryzen 1800x with a 580 gpu, use that thing as a personal server and run websites on it. have a laptop with a ryzen 2500u and a 560x gpu.
    honestly, i use my laptop to game WAY more than my other systems. my tr 1950x i can play 4k ultra on it with no issues (average between 40-60 fps on 4k ultra on that system, the higher res makes use of the hbm2 ram, which allows it to run 4k ultra just fine), for wow at 4k ultra? i can get about 60-70 fps on this game, really isn't hard to run at all. i think, due to the raw power of the vega card, i think it will be great to multibox on. but.....again, having the comfort to have a 15 inch screen on my lap, is a lot easier than using my 4k set up. not sure how many boxes my laptop will run.
    Edited: September 12, 2019

6. i personally have a 1950x (16 cores, 32 threads), and a vega 64, which....i think my vega 64 probably would run better than most nvidia cards. the reason being, i can run the hbm2 vram at 16 gb's. its really a good computational card, which.....should in theory at least, allow me to run past 60 characters. i really want to try running 100. i think i'll hit a server lag before a system lag. i have my system custom water cooled with a full radiator loop i built myself. i can run it at 4.15 ghz oc (however, due to degradation of the cpu, i personally run it at 4.0 because i'm not too comfortable running the volts that high to get to 4.15.).
    so.....the limiting factor so far? trying to create enough gmails for 100 accounts. freaking gmails require a phone number, which.....i thought if i changed my ip, it might get past that, it doesn't i tried creating a ping/text free number, gmail won't accept it. so....kinda stuck on gmail at the moment.
    i been running a hotkeynet system, i programmed it for 6 accounts but the dumb thing doesn't want to scale 5. only lets me run 5. prob going to try a cracked version of isboxer today, really don't like running cracks so.....i'll try ti on a system that isn't my main, and do some scanning of it.
    idk, searching forums to get some idea's on my goal of 100 man multibox and seen your thread so thought i'd comment.
    if anyone cares to see my build (kinda proud of it), i personally use it for a lot of things. you can go to my youtube page, search ThorOdin on there and search 1950x w/vega
    i also have a ryzen 1800x with a 580 gpu, use that thing as a personal server and run websites on it. have a laptop with a ryzen 2500u and a 560x gpu.
    honestly, i use my laptop to game WAY more than my other systems. my tr 1950x i can play 4k ultra on it with no issues (average between 40-60 fps on 4k ultra on that system, the higher res makes use of the hbm2 ram, which allows it to run 4k ultra just fine), for wow at 4k ultra? i can get about 60-70 fps on this game, really isn't hard to run at all. i think, due to the raw power of the vega card, i think it will be great to multibox on. but.....again, having the comfort to have a 15 inch screen on my lap, is a lot easier than using my 4k set up. not sure how many boxes my laptop will run.
    GPU is the least of your worries. If you want to play 100 stable you will need atleast 3 of these CPU's. a 2990wx doesn't even run 50 stable on 4ghz on all 32 cores on water. Wotlk is not like MoP for example where 100 clients might be possible, since the expansions got better optimisation through the years.

7. GPU is the least of your worries. If you want to play 100 stable you will need atleast 3 of these CPU's. a 2990wx doesn't even run 50 stable on 4ghz on all 32 cores on water. Wotlk is not like MoP for example where 100 clients might be possible, since the expansions got better optimisation through the years.
    first off, isboxer allows you to assign each toon whatever core you want to assign them. people were 5 manning boxes when wotlk was new. back when people were using intel core duo's and athelon cpu's. which, the ipc of 2 of my cores on my system WAY out performs those old cpu's. so....in essence, lets say i assign 3 toons 1 cores each, lets scale that up to 32 cores (threads), and then i can run 96 toons on that system. lets say, i only want to run 2 toons per thread, still 64 toons.
    now, lets say i want to use multiple computers. i also happen to have an 1800x (8 core 16 thread), which, lets say i want to run only 2 toons per thread and combine that with my 1950x, that is a total of 96 toons, i also have a laptop with a ryzen 2500u, which is 4 core 8 thread, lets say i just do 1 toon per thread, that is 8 toons (my laptop so far easily runs 6 toons, that is all i can make with the gmail limitation at the moment. may try a dif place, won't say where, but may try some other place i can run my multiboxes on if i can't do it here), so at any rate, isboxer allows you to run multiple computers, allows you to assign each toon whatever amount of cores you want to run them on, and scales up.
    my gpu's should have 0 issues running the toons (just have my main toon at lets say 1920 x 1080, and the rest siting at the lowest res possible. so again, not sure why you think can't run any of these stable on a 2990wx, because personally, i don't think you've tried, or you don't know how to assign each account a core, or you don't know what you are talking about, or you don't have that cpu.
    youtube has a guy showing he ran 107 toons at once. yet you think i can't do it with a superior system than his?
    Edited: September 13, 2019 Reason: youtube has a guy who ran 107 toons at once on a far inferior system

8. first off, isboxer allows you to assign each toon whatever core you want to assign them. people were 5 manning boxes when wotlk was new. back when people were using intel core duo's and athelon cpu's. which, the ipc of 2 of my cores on my system WAY out performs those old cpu's. so....in essence, lets say i assign 3 toons 1 cores each, lets scale that up to 32 cores (threads), and then i can run 96 toons on that system. lets say, i only want to run 2 toons per thread, still 64 toons.
    now, lets say i want to use multiple computers. i also happen to have an 1800x (8 core 16 thread), which, lets say i want to run only 2 toons per thread and combine that with my 1950x, that is a total of 96 toons, i also have a laptop with a ryzen 2500u, which is 4 core 8 thread, lets say i just do 1 toon per thread, that is 8 toons (my laptop so far easily runs 6 toons, that is all i can make with the gmail limitation at the moment. may try a dif place, won't say where, but may try some other place i can run my multiboxes on if i can't do it here), so at any rate, isboxer allows you to run multiple computers, allows you to assign each toon whatever amount of cores you want to run them on, and scales up.
    my gpu's should have 0 issues running the toons (just have my main toon at lets say 1920 x 1080, and the rest siting at the lowest res possible. so again, not sure why you think can't run any of these stable on a 2990wx, because personally, i don't think you've tried, or you don't know how to assign each account a core, or you don't know what you are talking about, or you don't have that cpu.
    youtube has a guy showing he ran 107 toons at once. yet you think i can't do it with a superior system than his?
    I already shared my thoughts in the other thread. You'll figure it out when you try boxing some more yourself.

9. 11 years old game. How many Pac-Man clients can you run. That would be really amazing ! imagine.

10. right. this guy above you is acting like this extremely old game is taxing on a modern huge amount of core system. old dx's and api's favored single thread speeds over cores. fact to the matter is, wotlk favors speed over cores. so you can run numerous boxes on single cores and have no issues. matter of fact, since i can only create 6 freaking accounts at the moment, think i'll run all 6 toons on a single core. if i can run 6 on a single core, then i can run at least 3 per core with all the cores turned on. think i'll even make a video doing this. just cause.

11. i just uploaded a video to youtube, my channel is called ThorOdin and the video is dedicated to you. it is 6 multiboxes running on a single core. if i can run 6 with 0 issues, 0 lag, i can run 3 per core easily!! lmfao. literally the video is called "dedicated to pidgeonlord on warmane forums." i show me setting all boxes to run on core 1 of my 1950x, i show turning off all the cores except 1. so ya..........there ya have it.

12. i just uploaded a video to youtube, my channel is called ThorOdin and the video is dedicated to you. it is 6 multiboxes running on a single core. if i can run 6 with 0 issues, 0 lag, i can run 3 per core easily!! lmfao. literally the video is called "dedicated to pidgeonlord on warmane forums." i show me setting all boxes to run on core 1 of my 1950x, i show turning off all the cores except 1. so ya..........there ya have it.
    Now log 100 accounts and walk them through dalaran or enter a hostile city ;) Lets see how playable that is,

EDIT: just made 2 screenies to compare loads between nagrand and dalaran, now imagine playing WG with 200 ppl around U ;) or playing vs another MBX with 100 pets each ;)
    https://imgur.com/a/Nvlw7qz
    Edited: September 13, 2019

13. Now log 100 accounts and walk them through dalaran or enter a hostile city ;) Lets see how playable that is,

EDIT: just made 2 screenies to compare loads between nagrand and dalaran, now imagine playing WG with 200 ppl around U ;) or playing vs another MBX with 100 pets each ;)
    https://imgur.com/a/Nvlw7qz
    you are confusing server lag with system lag. i've been on private servers where 1 toon will lag in dalaran. that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with system lag. if you have a ton of toons in one area and you introduce a ton more, that sir, is server lag, not system lag. if you can run lets say 100 toons in any other area fine, that is due to other toons not being mobbed up in the area and thus not causing server lag. again, it has NOTHING to do with your system that is causing the lag spike in dalaran.
    just uploaded another video of 6 toons running on 1 core, with 4k each toon, and guess what? i'll tell ya, 0 lag, 0 system lag. meaning, if i can run 6 toons, 1 core, on my system, guess what i can do with each graphics turned way down and 3 toons assigned to 1 thread? lmfao.
    Edited: September 14, 2019

14. you are confusing server lag with system lag. i've been on private servers where 1 toon will lag in dalaran. that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with system lag. if you have a ton of toons in one area and you introduce a ton more, that sir, is server lag, not system lag. if you can run lets say 100 toons in any other area fine, that is due to other toons not being mobbed up in the area and thus not causing server lag. again, it has NOTHING to do with your system that is causing the lag spike in dalaran.
    just uploaded another video of 6 toons running on 1 core, with 4k each toon, and guess what? i'll tell ya, 0 lag, 0 system lag. meaning, if i can run 6 toons, 1 core, on my system, guess what i can do with each graphics turned way down and 3 toons assigned to 1 thread? lmfao.
    Are you blind? check the system loads on the screenshots, how do you plan to even reach those loads with half the cores & threads? But HEY sure it has nothing to do with the system right, it's pure server lag.... Stop bull****ting, the numbers are there.

You're just trolling or really delusional, you put your spam and untruths all over the forum in multiple threads?? Like wtf man.

You have 0 credibility, nobody cares about your theorycrafting on what you can do with 1core. Cause you can't simply upscale it to your 16 cores, there are numerous factors in play with a threadripper CPU, infinity fabric, ram speeds, the capability to OC or not....

Your toxic behaviour will cause people to make wrong decisions on their hardware so please go make your 100 accounts and stream a wintergrasp battle ;)

Show us your stable machine man....

15. Are you blind? check the system loads on the screenshots, how do you plan to even reach those loads with half the cores & threads? But HEY sure it has nothing to do with the system right, it's pure server lag.... Stop bull****ting, the numbers are there.

You're just trolling or really delusional, you put your spam and untruths all over the forum in multiple threads?? Like wtf man.

You have 0 credibility, nobody cares about your theorycrafting on what you can do with 1core. Cause you can't simply upscale it to your 16 cores, there are numerous factors in play with a threadripper CPU, infinity fabric, ram speeds, the capability to OC or not....

Your toxic behaviour will cause people to make wrong decisions on their hardware so please go make your 100 accounts and stream a wintergrasp battle ;)

Show us your stable machine man....
    first off, derp, the screen shot you show shows 55 to 60%, that isn't OVERWHELMING YOUR SYSTEM. overwhelming your system is 100% cpu usage, meaning YOUR system is hanging up, not the server. the fact is YOU keep showing how little you know about cpu's. i LITERALLY have graduated from IT and work in IT, I UNDERSTAND WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THE SYSTEM, you LITERALLY don't. the fact to the is you are telling people the wrong information. the fact is, it is overwhelming the server. the fact you don't understand the difference of overwhelming a cpu and overwhelming a server is EXTREMELY laughable. not to mention, the cpu load has cool temps (meaning it isn't stressing the cpu, meaning the cpu isn't hitting high loads, try running fur mark once for 20 minutes with every core on your cpu pegged, that will increase temps because it is stressing that cpu), the fact the screen shots you show is running between 55-60% load, with cool temps, means YOU AREN'T OVERWHELMING YOUR SYSTEM. what is happening is you are introducing a ton of toons in a heavily populated area and the server itself is lagging. has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with your system. again, if you can run lets say 100 toons in a non populated area (that means it is completely stable to run on your system), but can't in a heavily populated area? that is server lag. when you take lets say 100 toons of your own, introduce that to an area that already has 400 toons, that is overwhelming the server. i've LITERALLY experienced server lag being on just 1 toon in heavily populated area's in warmane (and other servers for that matter), if warmane or those other servers, were too upgrade their servers, it would solve that issue. the reason why retail can run, lets say 50,000 accounts in a single server or hell, in a single area, and warmane can't? it is due to retail using superior hardware for their servers. lmfao. the fact you don't understand any of this is laughable.

First 123 Last