1. The way i see it i pay monthly see for my entertaiment and its very cheap form of entertainment. I wonder if you have no interest CLassic why make forum threads about it?
    well, you really point out my posting intentions like there is like some unconscious hating and of course love for vanilla...of course i enjoyed playing vanilla because i have had this luck to be there at the vanilla release and playing all expansions except mop and legion/BFA...but i think if players look for old feelings and vibes it may be more vanilla nostalgy than what they will really expect and meet with the wow classic release. To me it's not hype it's just like mania syndrom. Even if you enjoy it, you will end up farming molten core in pve and guys lurking pvp in plagueland or Burning steppes you can see when you watch frost mage Ineriez83 twitch channel devoted to world pvp, pvp scene are great and versatile with always people poppin from nowhere etc....but in the other hand, it is actually very boring to watch ice barrier+sheep+popping trinket+ice bolt+cs+icebolt=dead.

Can't believe people say that epic geared people doesn't one shot others? look at gegon movies lol he 2 shot other epic geared people and one shot green or blue with AP+trinket+PoM+Pyroblast. I don't know which version of classic they will run, but i don't remember the patch version, when priest could wear fire resist epic gear or enchant being immune to fire mage in pvp.

I still think this old game doesn't worth paying 10$ fee/month but i understand you will see people addicted to classic who played on vanilla private server chaining raid because they love that...

it's difficult to compare with warmane wotlk exprience because of gear shop but from a wotlk mechanics point of view, i can't believe people argue about spell variety and in-depth tree adding a lot more fun than what vanilla could bring. Of course there was saerdna mage who played a fire/frost spec at vanilla successfully but at that time, you found very few mage playing this spec but at Wotlk there was more mages playing hybrid spec. You don't have to think about the 2 or 3 spell brought by the tree which still expand yout spell rotation - go tell a fire mage to play without dragon breath/living bomb - to see how a spellsteal can reverse a fight against casters or paladins.
    Edited: August 24, 2019

2. 15 dollars a month to play an old game I have already done and seen it all. Classic is not worth more than 3 dollars a month , in fact, it's such an old game it should just be free to play. That's 180 dollars if you play it for a year. Yea, I bought this gaming PC so I can pay 15 dollars a month to go play a game even my crappy laptop can handle.

3. i heard a lot in game and read a lot on forums people playing this game " waiting for classic"...my opinion is that classic will know a hype for some month then will decrease for something else being an option, people will switch between other games or others wow expansion, and i wonder a lot why blizzard didn't make a platform where the player can select the expansion he wants to play : burning crusade, wotlk, cata etc...

Nevertheless, i won't play classic because spell rotation are too poor : spamming 3 button....ZzZZzzZzz...and you are too gear dependant forcing you to raid then pawn everyone with azuresong+full arcanist set...plus i will never pay fee for a 10 years old game...

the most enjoyable expansion are wotlk and bc as you get in-depth talent tree and a wide range of attack/spell, many ways to get into pvp/pve stuff througth emblems/crafting etc...

i wonder how do you see the way wow classic will evolve in some month ? and how people will play/stay on private server and which expansion they will still play despite wow classic release ?
    I really think people have rose tinted goggles. They might have forgot that classic was only cool back in the day because there was nothing like it before. But that game was pure drudgery. You remember how hard it was to level? How long it took? You're going to play that game 8 hours a day for a year and still not be level 60. That was cool back when I was a kid and didn't have anything else to do with my life, but I have bills to pay now. Ain't nobody got time for that. And for 15 dollars a month? That would be just wasted money in my case, I wouldn't have time to even play it, I would just be throwing my money away. When I hear about classic I just assumed it would be free to play because of how old and dated it is, but what? They're going to charge people the full subscription price to play it? I think they have lost their minds.

4. 15 dollars a month to play an old game I have already done and seen it all. Classic is not worth more than 3 dollars a month , in fact, it's such an old game it should just be free to play. That's 180 dollars if you play it for a year. Yea, I bought this gaming PC so I can pay 15 dollars a month to go play a game even my crappy laptop can handle.
    Why you playing Warmane then, their expansions are also too old for your PC and can be handle by crappy laptop? You should go for games like BDO so you can get the full potential of your gaming PC.

5. Can't believe people say that epic geared people doesn't one shot others? look at gegon movies lol he 2 shot other epic geared people and one shot green or blue with AP+trinket+PoM+Pyroblast. I don't know which version of classic they will run, but i don't remember the patch version, when priest could wear fire resist epic gear or enchant being immune to fire mage in pvp.
    Seems like your Vanilla experience is coming from Youtube videos. I don't see any personal experience being shared in your posts. In fact, I had a macro with my Mage back then which did exactly what you described. And yes, when the first people hit T2 8 piece set bonus, you would get some crazy instant cast procs in combination with that macro, which would kill anything. But that's mainly because people were simply not prepared for it. That changed rather quick because people knew what would happen if they encountered a Mage. Also, being able to (possibly) oneshot an enemy every 3 minutes isn't exactly overpowered, especially in BG's. After your 15 seconds of fame, you would be quite useless and vulnerable because a T2 geared Mage had around 3600 HP, if I remember correctly. And yes, I'm fully aware that we are talking about PVP with PVE gear, which is questionable. But you started that with your 'azuresong arcanist set instakill' rant.

I really think people have rose tinted goggles. They might have forgot that classic was only cool back in the day because there was nothing like it before. But that game was pure drudgery. You remember how hard it was to level? How long it took? You're going to play that game 8 hours a day for a year and still not be level 60. That was cool back when I was a kid and didn't have anything else to do with my life, but I have bills to pay now. Ain't nobody got time for that. And for 15 dollars a month? That would be just wasted money in my case, I wouldn't have time to even play it, I would just be throwing my money away. When I hear about classic I just assumed it would be free to play because of how old and dated it is, but what? They're going to charge people the full subscription price to play it? I think they have lost their minds.
    'play that game 8 hours a day for a year and still not be 60'..Talking about rose tinted goggles. You'd have all classes on 60 twice if you'd really spend that much time. You didn't play Vanilla WoW, did you?

6. I really think people have rose tinted goggles. They might have forgot that classic was only cool back in the day because there was nothing like it before. But that game was pure drudgery. You remember how hard it was to level? How long it took? You're going to play that game 8 hours a day for a year and still not be level 60 .
    i won't be surprize if they won't settle same system as retail like giving a free 60 character in some month for new customers who buy the game

7. Seems like your Vanilla experience is coming from Youtube videos. I don't see any personal experience being shared in your posts. In fact, I had a macro with my Mage back then which did exactly what you described. And yes, when the first people hit T2 8 piece set bonus, you would get some crazy instant cast procs in combination with that macro, which would kill anything. But that's mainly because people were simply not prepared for it. That changed rather quick because people knew what would happen if they encountered a Mage. Also, being able to (possibly) oneshot an enemy every 3 minutes isn't exactly overpowered, especially in BG's. After your 15 seconds of fame, you would be quite useless and vulnerable because a T2 geared Mage had around 3600 HP, if I remember correctly. And yes, I'm fully aware that we are talking about PVP with PVE gear, which is questionable. But you started that with your 'azuresong arcanist set instakill' rant.
    i think a lot of players will still enjoy to one-shot people full gear liking to see big number overkill linking their fight log and instadeath of the opponent then willingly waiting another 3min to restart the show

8. i think a lot of players will still enjoy to one-shot people full gear liking to see big number overkill linking their fight log and instadeath of the opponent then willingly waiting another 3min to restart the show
    You better believe it, mate. I'll be one of them! :>

9. You better believe it, mate. I'll be one of them! :>
    lol!!!!!!!

10. yeah, classic may be overrated and have serious problems, but blaming vanilla for gear dependency on pvp, pve gear in pvp, heavy damage etc at the same time that you praise wotlk is pretty hypocrite

vanilla offer a different experience that wotlk and later expansions can't bring.
    That without count the obvious difference between private and official server.

maybe the rotations in wotlk are better, but leveling content is a joke in wotlk.

11. yeah, classic may be overrated and have serious problems, but blaming vanilla for gear dependency on pvp, pve gear in pvp, heavy damage etc at the same time that you praise wotlk is pretty hypocrite

vanilla offer a different experience that wotlk and later expansions can't bring.
    That without count the obvious difference between private and official server.

maybe the rotations in wotlk are better, but leveling content is a joke in wotlk.
    i found northrend the most beautiful designed zone on the whole game all expansion, Grizzly hills is just beaiutiful area and i like the colors shift from hot colors in Borean tundra to darker atmosphere in icecrown. But in pvp mechanics terms i like cataclysm expansion the most as it was the best fire mage expansion for pvp the combustion/blazing speed/running scorch spelle& abilities was just what always fire mage should have been designed but the lightened trees, removed spells and all the redesigned map ruined what wotlk has brought

12. private servers are not connected to blizz,
    and are a detriment to their company.
    so saying i will never pay blizzard again and playing private servers is in no way hypocritical.
    Are not connected to the blizz, Yet it's their game and their files. Congratulations bro.

Oh look, I pirated some game but because I pirated it it means it doesn't belong to < name company >. Now it's mine and they never made it! Pretty legit answering.

13. Why you playing Warmane then, their expansions are also too old for your PC and can be handle by crappy laptop? You should go for games like BDO so you can get the full potential of your gaming PC.
    I like Warmane, I can level up quickly with no problem and do my favorite thing with WOW, PVP, and do good, that is the goal of my game, to become strong at PvP, that's why I'm not interested in classic, it won't allow me to do what I want, just have fun playing battlegrounds. I can do that here, no problem, all day long. So Warmane > Classic WoW to me. Not to mention Wotlk is so much better than classic wow, that game is horrible, go play it after you been playing wrath all this time, you will understand what I'm talking about, WOTLK is the best expansion ever. So why not just play that and save that 15 dollars a month? You will have more fun here, classic is not all it's cracked up to be, especially if you are like me and have played this game for many years.

14. I like Warmane, I can level up quickly with no problem and do my favorite thing with WOW, PVP, and do good, that is the goal of my game, to become strong at PvP, that's why I'm not interested in classic, it won't allow me to do what I want, just have fun playing battlegrounds. I can do that here, no problem, all day long. So Warmane > Classic WoW to me. Not to mention Wotlk is so much better than classic wow, that game is horrible, go play it after you been playing wrath all this time, you will understand what I'm talking about, WOTLK is the best expansion ever. So why not just play that and save that 15 dollars a month? You will have more fun here, classic is not all it's cracked up to be, especially if you are like me and have played this game for many years.
    I was mocking your point that you didnt buy buying gaming PC to play old game that run on ****y laptop, but i guess you are not getting the ironi.

15. i found northrend the most beautiful designed zone on the whole game all expansion, Grizzly hills is just beaiutiful area and i like the colors shift from hot colors in Borean tundra to darker atmosphere in icecrown.
    my bad here, i didn't mean the atmosphere, lore or other not playable areas of leveling, but yeah "leveling content is a joke in wotlk" sounds like bashing the content itself. I mean the questing mechanic itself (leveling), wotlk nerfed previus content and the wotlk area itself is more of the same.

You don't have to pay any attention how to pull and the proefficency of your character is meh when the content is so nerfed.
    Your class choice in terms of leveling in wotlk is just "will i go straightforward or very straightforward".
    Consumables while leveling aren't big deal, the design itself for wotlk was "**** 80 previous content" with the introduction of heirlooms, you can have a lot of alters etc.

that doesn't mean that i love vanilla or something, but vanilla/bc is a real change of pace compared to wotlk vs retail.

First 123 Last