1. Couple questions about the server

I am thinking of trying out the server. It will be my first time on a private server. I assume I would be better off rolling horde if I am wanting to pvp and raid? Are most dps classes able to find groups fairly easy? Also, do people ever do the earlier raids anymore, or is it basically just ICC? Thanks for taking the time to read and/or answer any of the above questions.
    -Zurrielle

2. It doesn't matter which races you choose from. For PvE, at the moment, top end is better on Horde side, but it can change any time with new guilds coming up. But for starting PvE, it really doesn't have much impact. For PvP, if you want hardcore Arena, I'd suggest you play on the other two servers because on Lordaeron, it's very hard to get good gear if you're not doing high-end PvE. For BGs, it doesn't matter because on Warmane, there is a system of cross-realm/cross-faction PvP, which means everyone from everywhere get mixed up. It depends on what the group is looking for, but as a DPS, you can get into a raid group pretty easily, although some raids require some specific class, like Rogue/Hunter, or heal/tank classes respectively. I'd highly suggest, you join a raiding guild if you want to have a better time doing PvE. As for earlier raids, people still do them, especially Ulduar and ToC and OS+3, Onyxia. For Naxx and older expansion raids, they still get done, just not as much as others. Overall, there is a lot going on here, especially PvE-side, so it's definitely a good choice of playing on Lordaeron, if you want a good WotLK experience.

3. I am thinking of trying out the server. It will be my first time on a private server. I assume I would be better off rolling horde if I am wanting to pvp and raid? Are most dps classes able to find groups fairly easy? Also, do people ever do the earlier raids anymore, or is it basically just ICC? Thanks for taking the time to read and/or answer any of the above questions.
    -Zurrielle
    On Icecrown:
    PvE => Horde
    PvP => Alliance

On Lordareon:
    PvP + PvE => both do equaly, maybe Horde is even more active in PvP on Lord actually as I remember

On Lord people do ToC PUGs, guilds do ICC+RS
    On Ice we do ICC PUGs + RS PUGs (more rare). Guilds do ICC(Hc) + RS(Hc).

4. Don't expect to do Naxx10/25, EoE10/25 and Uld10 at all.

5. On Horde side Naxx and EoE 25 get done about 1x a month. For Uludar 10, pugs usually don't run it, but you can easily find a guild that does Uld 10 runs, for achievments, herald gear or just fun.

6. Don't expect to do Naxx10/25, EoE10/25 and Uld10 at all.
    Amen to that. Super hard to PUG those as nobody knows strategy and on Ice (at least) people just don't have patience to learn or wait for team to be assembled.

On Horde side Naxx and EoE 25 get done about 1x a month. For Uludar 10, pugs usually don't run it, but you can easily find a guild that does Uld 10 runs, for achievments, herald gear or just fun.
    Can't speak for that. Only Raid on Ally. Sounds pretty good though!!