1. New to WOTLK/Icecrown

Hi all,

New to the game and server and just need some help understanding how things work around here.

I just reached 80 on my paladin but broke so I was told to level up blacksmithing and mining to farm gold, which I am working on right now (hope I'm not on the wrong track?) So is the goal now to farm normal FOS/POS/HOR and then move on to HC version of them? How much GS should I get up to before moving to HC? What's next after HC FOS/POS/HOR? I'm reading a lot of people spamming on /global for ICC/TOC/VOA?

Also for PVP, how does the system work? Do people just queue for BG or do they create arena teams and farm? How does the BG token/AP translate into gears? How do all the gears rank? I see some people walking around with Wrathful Gladiator, etc etc.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

2. For dungeons, even 1800 gs is enough for fos normal to do. After fos/pos normal > do fos/pos heroic then hor. After that do voa25/10 with 5k gs and do icc10/25 low gs runs or newbie run.

Farming gold is easy with daily quests or just doing other quests that are level 80, if that bothers you, then go with mining and farm 24 hours...

For pvp, it's busted with shadowmourne users but you can get yourself some ''ok'' gear. Also you can get pvp gear with voa. For other small questions, better go to wow wiki.

3. Is there a specific amount of gs I should reach before doing fos/pos hc then hor?

Also, what daily quests give you gold? Where do I find them? I didn't know that...

4. Is there a specific amount of gs I should reach before doing fos/pos hc then hor?

Also, what daily quests give you gold? Where do I find them? I didn't know that...
    Didn't I just say that you need 1800+ to enter fos normal? Just ask for groups and you should join them pretty much.
    For dailys, go on ships for horde/alliance in Icecrown region and do quests there. They start first from Dalaran , then argent crusade,etc. You can just find all of this on wow-wiki or wowpedia or wowhead...

5. I said GS to do heroic mode, not normal mode. Also what about HOR?

6. I said GS to do heroic mode, not normal mode. Also what about HOR?
    Bro, you do not need gear score for heroics to queue, you need items. You need minimum all blue items in your slots to be able to queue heroic rdf... Buy some items from AH (the max ones that are expensive for your class) and some blues and there ya go. Hor is just pain in the *** if you got no gear, hor is most dependent on dps. If dps is small > it's just wipe.

Hor is the last one you will get chance to queue as it's the hardest.

7. Ahh okay, didn't know about the blue items. Thanks for all the info man!

8. Bro, you do not need gear score for heroics to queue, you need items. You need minimum all blue items in your slots to be able to queue heroic rdf... Buy some items from AH (the max ones that are expensive for your class) and some blues and there ya go. Hor is just pain in the *** if you got no gear, hor is most dependent on dps. If dps is small > it's just wipe.

Hor is the last one you will get chance to queue as it's the hardest.
    Are you sure about that? I can simply lay off some of my gear and still queue up for RDF HC even without anything equipped in some gearslots. I'm pretty sure its connected to your GS.

Because if it's the way you describe it I could simply put lvl 20 blues in my gearslots and que for RDF HC, which isn't working.

Edit: Also, finding a group for FOS / POS with a gearscore of 1800? Good luck.

Edit2: For Daily Quests i recommend the Argent Tournament Grounds, the Shadow Vault, the Orgrim's Hammer (on horde side) and Death's Rise. All of them are located in Icecrown and mostly require you to work your way up the questlines in said zone, which already makes you a ton of gold.
    Edited: September 7, 2019

9. rdf hc requires an average ilvl of i think 187. it has nothing to do with gs, nor the color of your gear.

10. Well, an average ilvl of 187 gives you a certain amount of GS. I'm fully aware that GS is an addon which just shows you a number that is connected to the ilvl of the gear you're wearing. Thanks for clarifying, tho.

11. Are you sure about that? I can simply lay off some of my gear and still queue up for RDF HC even without anything equipped in some gearslots. I'm pretty sure its connected to your GS.

Because if it's the way you describe it I could simply put lvl 20 blues in my gearslots and que for RDF HC, which isn't working.

Edit: Also, finding a group for FOS / POS with a gearscore of 1800? Good luck.

Edit2: For Daily Quests i recommend the Argent Tournament Grounds, the Shadow Vault, the Orgrim's Hammer (on horde side) and the Dreadwind Post. All of them are located in Icecrown and mostly require you to work your way up the questlines in said zone, which already makes you a ton of gold.
    I said it is blue because usually level 80 blue items are something good and they will allow you to enter rdf heroic. Don't know their actualy item levle, but every level 80 blue should do it. That's why I name it as blue. Also gs doesn't get any impact..

12. I said it is blue because usually level 80 blue items are something good and they will allow you to enter rdf heroic. Don't know their actualy item levle, but every level 80 blue should do it. That's why I name it as blue. Also gs doesn't get any impact..
    You literally said in your previous post that the minimum requirements to que HC RDF are 'minimum blue items in every slot', which doesn't do the trick if he's not getting the average ilvl, as Skuddy pointed out. You didn't even say anything about level 80 gear, simply 'blue items'. And if you understand how GS works, you know that your ilvl is directly connected to the amount of GS you get, which means it totally has an impact. I guess you didn't read my previous post.

13. You literally said in your previous post that the minimum requirements to que HC RDF are 'minimum blue items in every slot', which doesn't do the trick if he's not getting the average ilvl, as Skuddy pointed out. You didn't even say anything about level 80 gear, simply 'blue items'. And if you understand how GS works, you know that your ilvl is directly connected to the amount of GS you get, which means it totally has an impact. I guess you didn't read my previous post.
    When I say all blue items, it means blue items that are of level 80 for character. If anyone thinks that when you're 80 you put level 20 blue items than he is stupid. I highly think he is smart enough to know what's going on.

Also for gs, no it doesn't have impact on the queue. Even with having 4500 gs > you still cannot queue to heroic dungeons if one of your items are low item level. So GS doesn't have any impact. I just guess you do not understand that...

14. When I say all blue items, it means blue items that are of level 80 for character. If anyone thinks that when you're 80 you put level 20 blue items than he is stupid. I highly think he is smart enough to know what's going on.

Also for gs, no it doesn't have impact on the queue. Even with having 4500 gs > you still cannot queue to heroic dungeons if one of your items are low item level. So GS doesn't have any impact. I just guess you do not understand that...
    What are you talking about? I can queue for RDF HC even with 4 empty slots on my gear. You don't have to put any item in a slot aslong as your average item level, which reflects your GS, is high enough.

I've already noticed you really like to argue, even tho you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Do I really need to upload screenshots to prove you wrong? Are you that stubborn?

Example: Sometimes, when I'm not in the mood for HOR/FOS/POS HC, I simply put half my gear in my bags so that my GS/ilvl isn't high enough to get into them. But I still get into all the other HC dungeons. Try it. Open the dungeon finder, select 'Specific Dungeon'. When your GS goes below around 3800, FOS/POS/HOR HC gets locked, while all the others will still be available to you. You can even fill the empty slots with grey level 1 gear. It will still be the same result. (Refresh the window when you do so...)

Do your research before you talk. I believe people have given you this advice more than once on this forum.
    Edited: September 9, 2019

15. Oh you can que for FOS/POS/HOR HC via RDF once your GS is above 3800?

123 Last