1. Solo queue is what created this toxicity

Let's just pause and think for a moment of why a lot of people play classic WoW. Is it because they want to play a game that is competitive? I doubt so. Most of the time, the reason people say they play classic WoW is because they missed the social aspects that vanilla WoW offered. If you need to do dungeons, raids or killing an elite quest mob. You'd spam the general/trade chat, trying to find people who are like-minded to do the objective that you want to accomplish. Once you get a group and you attempt doing the objective, you would definately hope that you succeed. If the group was decent, you probably asked if you could add them to your friends list for future instances. That way, we create a social bond together.

You look at BFA, you have group finder for everything. You just wait until the queue pops and you get a group ready to complete whatever you're doing. Whether the group succeeds or not, people just leave without having to say a single word to your teammates (If that happens, it's a miracle).

Back to blackrock:
    This might've been a long metafor to what I have to say but it all leads to the resemblence to how soloq is pretty much the same as group finder in BFA (+ toxicity). You get a few words spoken like which target you should go for. Once the match is done, if you win people leave and just queue again. If you lose, more often than not you read casual-toxicity messages like "you're dog", "you're trash" (I've heard things 100 times worse than that) etc. If someone is willing to give more bashing words. They'd whisper their victims and keep going at it. (Creds to you people who aren't toxic btw)

You look at back when we didn't have soloq. Atleast people accepted losses more, those who didn't simply just left the team without having to say anything.
    If you get a decent team, you'd share details together so you can contact each other for more 3v3 later on or so. That way, you develop a social bond just like in classic WoW and you improve together. That is what creates the competitiveness that is needed in a pvp-only server.

The problem with soloq right now is that this is the only element in blackrock that is offering a form of competitiveness for those wishing to start playing in the server. 2v2 is starting to face the same problem as the regular 3v3.

You could argue that the popularity is what is causing this casual-toxicity. I do see some resemblence in retail WoW but the social isolation that soloqueue is making resembels too much of that group finder. I think the concept of soloq is fine but unfortunatley, it is too much of what is keeping the server alive and it brings too much negative aspects of it.

What do you guys think? Am I totally wrong?

2. You are 100% right.

Thats why i play 2s/3s and avoid soloq unless i have to do some SM quest.

3. Imo the biggest issue with soloq is that it reduces the 3s activity because ppl rather queue alone than searching for 2 arena mates.

4. I would like to just add that for those who've been or are toxic in blackrock and reading this. The popularity of the server depends on your attitude and actions. Let's try and make this place a better environment for the pvpers. Try and give up the requirements of people needing to have x rating experience in order to play with you in arenas. Try and not to have negative attitude towards your teammates and others cause they can't do this or can't do that and be kind to each other. Not everyone can live up to your criterias when playing arena, I know that.

I know also that people behave differently in real life and in the internet. But what we all have in common is that we all have been there, we get toxic messages and sometimes we want to reflect it back towards those who does that or perhaps we get influenced by that and we think that this is the meta behavour in the server so we end up developing the same attitude and spread it to other player who just wants to pvp.

But what we also have in common is that we've all been there when we developed a social bond with our teammates and create friends through playing arena. We could bring that type of attitude instead and make the server more popular.

I know that it's very difficult through just 1 message in the forums, but please think about it. We all have some sort of individual responsibility. I wish you all have a great time pvping and that the server gets more popular.