1. DK DPS Help

I have had a 80 DK for a while and just recently decided to get back into the game and gear up for raids and what not. Ended up buying random gear to get my GS up to about 4.5K right now. Most of them have STR & STAM but my DPS is still super low. I haven't gotten anything enchanted yet because I still need to get better gear. I recently switched from frost to unholy for heroics but my DPS comes in fourth place behind the tank and usually sits at 1.5-1.8 max.

Do I just need better gear or am I just a noob?

2. unholy guide - http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=349829
    frost guide - http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=349828

if u are bad as dk after those guides, then u are just a noob, and as fresh geared dk, try to get your hands on crit / haste gear, even if they give agi or agi +int
    and later on go for str arp items

3. Don't get banned needing on leather/mail agi gear tho.

You're probably just dropping diseases on targets, keep those up at all costs, even if you have to skip obliterate or scourge strike, do the dots, then do the rest.
    And "STR & STAM" items also need to be for dps spec, not just any str items. You need those with crit/haste/arp/hit bonuses, no def/dodge/parry. Also, as you're a melee weapons play a great role in all of that. If you're UH you best get a slower 2h weapon (POS HC axe/Quel'Delar) and if you're frost go for 2 SLOW (speed 2.6 preferably) weapons, faster ones will give you much lower Obliterate damage.

4. getting banned??? yea, thats why few bis items for dk pala and warr are leather and for pala depends on build they go for mail boots and hands

5. Do I just need better gear or am I just a noob?
    Based on the info you provided (no armory link btw) I would say yes. Read the forum guides, practice and you should improve considerably despite being low on gear.

Ehm.. no. Belt/hands are the only reasonable switches and having both is only reasonable for LK. Anything but means the paladin isn't maxing out his dps potential.

6. getting banned??? yea, thats why few bis items for dk pala and warr are leather and for pala depends on build they go for mail boots and hands
    Yes, but it's only because are the best in their tier, he's 4.5k, you think he'll get to DBS/PP HC anytime soon? He'd be needing on pos mail gear over hunters.

7. Ehm.. no. Belt/hands are the only reasonable switches and having both is only reasonable for LK. Anything but means the paladin isn't maxing out his dps potential.

and bracers and cloak and 2x ring?...

8. and bracers and cloak and 2x ring?...
    Was talking about mail pieces specifially. The best in slot definitely features leather items in the slots you mentioned, but this is a topic for the paladin forum.