1. bug? - Abolish + Cure Disease = Nothing To Dispel

when i cast Cure Disease while Abolish Disease is on i get the message Nothing To Dispel even though i still have multiple, more than 3-4, Disease debuffs on me
    i remember that it was possible to cast both spells on retail although im not sure if the patch was the same
    but even if the patch was different and Cure isn't supposed to be cast while Abolish is on i doubt you would be able to press it in the first place, i suppose it would probably just be inactive/grey like our shield

give it a shot and tell me if you can confirm this

2. I'm not able to confirm that this happens at this moment, and I also am unable to comment on whether we should be able to use both at the same time - though it would make sense.

Both spells cost the same mana though, so you could just spam the one. Not as effective as both, of course, but faster than waiting for the 3-sec-interval ticks.

3. dont know what happened but i just joined a bg today, tested this and everything seemed fine
    i play a healer and im positive this was a problem for some time now, its not something i just saw yesterday
    but today, no error messages, both abilities working together (for as long as there is still a disease of course)
    ill keep an eye on this but for now it seems to be fine

4. Maybe you had DK diseases with Death Coil buff making them incurable?

5. ^ Sounds like the most likely cause. Here is the talent in question for a point of reference: http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=49194

6. i agree this could easily be the explanation