1. New player looking for Donor gear suggestions

I've always been a casual WoW player, never really played retail until it became very casual. So I never did WOTLK or BC. I would like to do Druid on the Icecrown realm and am looking for suggestions. I don't mind spending money to donate for best gear as I do have expendable income and back in the WoWScape days some of my most fun times were running around in Full Donor gear helping PVP and PVE groups.

I'm looking for 2 recommendations. If you do recommend something, please spell out the gear name because I am not familiar with all the acronyms (in fact none of them really)
    1) What do you recommend I purchase with coins or points to get the best OP gear, if money were no issue?
    2) What do you recommend I purchase to get the most bang for buck vs what should I grind or use in game gold to acquire?

On BFA retail I had most fun playing Moonkin, and on Classic retail I'm currently doing feral. What would be best option for PVP on WOTLK? Also I would like to go Alliance because I like their character models the best, but I know Horde is usually way more populated. Is their a huge population gap, especially PVP wise?

Thanks for your input, looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield.

2. For pvp FERAL, at least if you want to do serious arenas, balance is fine for world pvp and some 1v1s, but all druid specs arent the easiest and they arent as OP as for example bis arms warriors with smourne (smourne = shadowmourne, the legendary axe from ICC) are.

Most pvper are on alliance side.

On what to donate for bis you would want to look at guides ( for example http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=309957 ) and in warmane you can go to the armory (which is at the very top, next to the log out button), there you select a WOLTK realm (doesnt matter which, Lord, Blackrock or Icecrown) and
    select a team that has a druid in it (for feral you want to look at teams with priests/shamans and a druid, or hunter/druid) and look at his gear to compare to the guides, atm theres only once feral in the top 50 which is, http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ckrock/summary .

Look at these players are figure it out yourself. In general what you want first is the weapon and the trinkets. Please note that the "ashen" Ring is an easy grind on icecrown so you dont have to donate for them at all (as is the idol).

Lastly, if you dont know what spec to play or what class really, i would recommend you head over to Blackrock and just make a few characters (you start in instant season 7 gear and at lvl 80) and just hit a few target dummys or do a few bgs, so that you can see if you like the class/spec at all. Most stuff feels very different (but, imo, much better) compared to later expansions.