1. Yet another topic about Bryntroll

Hi, folks! I have a few dumb questions about Bryn:

1. Can unholy talents (like BCB or Necrosis) trigger a proc, or it's useful only for SM owners?
    2. Diseases application (by PS, for example) still doesn't trigger a proc, or it was fixed?
    3. Lifestealing is still reduced by resilience?
    4. Is Rage of Rivendare amplifies Bryn's lifestealing?

If half of the above doesn't work, would Gloren HC (i don't have SM) be the best choice? Thanks in advance for ur answers.
    Edited: September 19, 2019

2. According to rawr it's second only to SM.

I have it on my DK, the normal one tho, sadly, and I've noticed it healing relatively often. Haven't really tracked when it procs, but I think it's fixed that it procs from disease application. Last time I did PVE it was about 7% of my dmg.
    The big drawback is that it has no expertise that Gloren has, you'll have to gem for it in PVE. (Yes, SM doesn't have exp either, but it's damage is very much worth it)

According to wowhead it can proc from both BCB and Scourge Strike shadow part, if necrosis counts as a separate event (afaik it does) it should proc from that. I'm pretty sure it works as it should now.

3. According to wowhead it can proc from both BCB and Scourge Strike shadow part, if necrosis counts as a separate event (afaik it does) it should proc from that. I'm pretty sure it works as it should now.
    Comments on wowhead are related to retail WotLK, therefore, if it worked on retail, it doesn't mean that it will work here. At least last year, BCB, necrosis and disease application didn't trigger Bryn's proc.

P.S. I recently returned to warmane and i'm too lazy to view the changelog, so i decided to ask here - may be something has changed.

4. Yep, i know. But if bryn procs less often than it should, Gloren will better choice for pvp as it gives more str (also it have crit and deals a bit more dmg).

5. The big drawback is that it has no expertise that Gloren has, you'll have to gem for it in PVE. (Yes, SM doesn't have exp either, but it's damage is very much worth it)
    Stat weights for each sub-spec
    Stat Blood ilvl 264 Blood ilvl 277 Frost ilvl 264 Frost ilvl 277 Frost SM
    Strength 2.94 2.96 3.11 3.10 3.11
    Haste 2.06 2.13 2.75 2.87 2.97
    Armor Pen 2.57 2.85 2.29 2.58 2.87
    Crit 1.94 2.00 1.91 2.00 2.11
    Agility 1.34 1.35 1.28 1.35 1.41
    Melee Hit 3.59 3.64 3.55 3.43 3.70
    Spell Hit 0.52 0.55 0.65 0.58 0.63
    Expertise 1.58 1.63 1.49 1.52 1.97
    Weapon DPS 7.71 7.75 6.96 7.04 7.43
    Weapon Speed 32.86 40.85 28.99 32.39 35.14

^ Source: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....54#post2653654

B I G T H O N K
    Edited: September 20, 2019

6. Gonna try to answer your questions:

1.) Necrosis shouldn’t while blood caked blade should be able to proc it. Basically everything which count as a extra melee attack - no matter if it deals magic or physical dmg.

2.) disease applications ain’t not intended to proc bryntroll. The meleepart of plaguestrike however is intended to proc it. (Got fixed - see link at the end of the post)

3.) it is still reduced by resilience which is the way it should work. The healing amount is correlated with the amount of dmg dealt to the target and every type of dmg is reduced by resilience.

4.) rage of rivendare and ebon plague increasing the dmg of bryntroll-Proc and so it’s healing.

- I can’t say so much about the usage in pve but I think slower weapons are still in your favor since weapon%-based strikes are better with slower weapons, moreover ARP (which scales better with slow weps and %based strikes) isn’t a bad stat considering you will get a bunch of it anyway with BIS gear.

- in pvp however, especially in arena bryntroll seems to be on par with SM. While your overall dmg is better with SM, those nasty procs in a row are really going to make a difference while fighting pal/wars, stuff like that.
    - its basically fixing a issue of DK in arena, since it’s adding a more burst orientated layer of dk dmg.

Btw. this weapon got nerfed several times during 3.3.

- at first the proc %-chance was reduced
    - blizzard haven’t intended to let proc bryntroll twice by one ability (like seal of righteousness or the shadowpart of scourge strike) or even on bleeding-, desease-, or general debuff application

[https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...bone-arbiter/]

7. Gonna try to answer your questions:

1.) Necrosis shouldn’t while blood caked blade should be able to proc it. Basically everything which count as a extra melee attack - no matter if it deals magic or physical dmg.

2.) disease applications ain’t not intended to proc bryntroll. The meleepart of plaguestrike however is intended to proc it. (Got fixed - see link at the end of the post)

3.) it is still reduced by resilience which is the way it should work. The healing amount is correlated with the amount of dmg dealt to the target and every type of dmg is reduced by resilience.

4.) rage of rivendare and ebon plague increasing the dmg of bryntroll-Proc and so it’s healing.

- I can’t say so much about the usage in pve but I think slower weapons are still in your favor since weapon%-based strikes are better with slower weapons, moreover ARP (which scales better with slow weps and %based strikes) isn’t a bad stat considering you will get a bunch of it anyway with BIS gear.

- in pvp however, especially in arena bryntroll seems to be on par with SM. While your overall dmg is better with SM, those nasty procs in a row are really going to make a difference while fighting pal/wars, stuff like that.
    - its basically fixing a issue of DK in arena, since it’s adding a more burst orientated layer of dk dmg.

Btw. this weapon got nerfed several times during 3.3.

- at first the proc %-chance was reduced
    - blizzard haven’t intended to let proc bryntroll twice by one ability (like seal of righteousness or the shadowpart of scourge strike) or even on bleeding-, desease-, or general debuff application

[https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...bone-arbiter/]
    So, talent build with BCB will be best for both SM and Bryn owners?