1. WoTLK is more balanced at the latest patch than TBC.

2. WoTLK is more balanced at the latest patch than TBC.
    Highend PvE gear is overscaled in Wotlk and it makes PvP quite unbalanced.
    On TBC thats not the case. s4 and SWP gear are almost on a par.

3. the trouble with tbc is I played there for like a year and barely got to T5, on WotLK I've been playing for 6 months and killed LK - the catch-up mechanics in TBC are weak and it's much easier in WotLK to get into endgame before you get bored of the expansion

4. WoTLK is more balanced at the latest patch than TBC.
    lol.

Wrong on so many levels

5. lol.

Wrong on so many levels
    This is not useful. Give two-three reasons or do not post like that.

6. ded realm :( hope they will come up with a new expansion soon on warmane

7. Your right its more about the journey then the destination. I played on another server it was great at the begning then the shop opened and ruined the game. And there where no dailies in the begning of TBC.

I think wether its a TBC server och Wotlk server, make the XP rate thru buying tokens in the server shop (to support the server), gold or better make the gold rewared for quest higher. Sure the prices in AH will go up but atleast the new ppl to the game will keep grinding quest's normal or dailies. Or reduce repair bill costs. Make it so the journey is the goal and grinding less of a husle. And give everyone a insentive to keep logging on and so on.
    Edited: January 5, 2020 Reason: do not mention other servers names.

8. Having to grind attunements was the main reason a stopped playing Outland. Really annoying. I want to raid Kara, BT, Sunwell. I don't want to quest for weeks to be able to enter just 1 of the raids.
    this is the only thing that jumped at me.

imo, this is the main reason why Outland is dead > the grind

I played on Wowcrack (Wowscape's 12x Blizzlike server). Wowscape was basically Warmane BC of its time. HUGE pop on all their 3 servers. and believe it or not, we didn't even have BGs nor Arena and still pushed 3-4k pop easily (higher at peak times). World PvP was insane-EVERYBODY DID IT! people World PvPed in between raids or simply go to outside instances like BT and Sunwell to gank or do PvP raids. when BGs started, I enjoyed WPvP so much i refused to do it. and only a few people queued tbh.. Arena I always hated.

the rates of my realm was basically...

-12x leveling
    -12x drop
    -5x or 12x prof i don't remember
    -12x reputation

so if you raided BT, you had 12x more chance Warglaives dropped and we had at around 9 items drop at a time. it was funnn and exciting because you still had to spend hours of time raiding and grinding, but you knew you could at least get one or more pieces of gear per raid. and the PvP alone had people come back. then the entire server just died after this guy named Wolfy re-scripted all the instances and made them 10x harder. everybody just left, and Wowscape died (long story short).

on privates, people dont want to grind. especially when they know a realm could just die and they'll have to go roll on another private, level, redo profs, grind, etc.. no thanks. i'd personally just donate for an insta 70 and some nice gear and play if i could. thats why i got an insta 80 on Icecrown, and the server has everything im looking for.

i was just bummed out when i made a toon on Outland only to see the whole 17 people online. i was more shocked than anything. but can't say i was surprised after getting more info.

9. r u dumb or something? this is what happened..
    first you have guilds doing t4, everything is all fun, yay!
    then guilds start doing t5, cool, then you wait for black temple, then they released that, but most guilds were still doing t5, server still healthy, cool.
    then people waited for ZA, that is the first decline since its when the new BoJ comes in = T4/T5 progession not so valuable anymore.
    then the final killer is Sunwell, a patch that on retail was meant to last for 3 months over the summer until WotlK launch... this server has had Sunwell live for what, 18 months? or is it longer i cant even remember.. it has no endgame. all BOJ is out, which will make all T4-T5 progression guilds redundant, unless you can find 25 people and do it "for the fun of it". it also removes all attunement, so you dont even have to play the game anymore.

The heartbeat of TBC is the early stages with attunements, karazhan and gearing up for T5..
    T6 is enjoyable and all, but only makes sense before Sunwell comes out.

im not surprised at all this server is dead, super predictable.
    then how do u explain Icecrown still being high pop? LK will always be LK, even if they leave an instance open for 2 years. if what you say is true, why did ******** (70x fun realm) had 7-8k pop?

10. I started playing this realm a while ago, got really excited. Leveled a character to 65 made some friends that were really nice. Problem is, I'm a Icecrown Player and I know the game extremely well as I have played Vanilla/BC/WotLK Realms for years, mostly Vanilla actually. What I know for a fact is that BC is the biggest Rep Grind out of all 3 Expansions and then realized the server was 1x Rep.

I've played on (dead now but was hype when it was alive) Archangel Feenix and they had like 14x XP, 5x Rep, and 2x Honor.

I wasn't sure what Outland was but it was advertised as 5x XP which to be entirely honest feels really really nice. I love the rates for leveling as you are forced to do a little more than your typical routine for leveling on these fast rates servers.

That being said I expected Rep and Profs to be at the very least 2x. I even rolled a Human because I knew the Rep in Outland was a nightmare.

Then it hit me part way into Hellfire Quests. The Rep was 1x and I immediately knew why the population was so low.

I knew it when I picked up Enchanting and saw absolutely 0 Strange Dust on the Auction House.

I was deranged and illusional to continue leveling and telling myself it's not that bad. The problem here is it is that bad.

It needs higher rates to attract new players. Ice Crown is populated for a reason. People want the game to be fun not to feel like a job.

I'm a Journeyman Electrician in real life and I get paid to make sure lights and outlets work in new homes and I love it because I know after hundreds of Homes that there are dorks like me and hundreds of kids plugging in their games and I had a small part in that.

I don't get paid to grind Rep in Burning Crusade. I'd do some quest and dungeons but it shouldn't take as much as it does now.

Professions should be more enticing as well. With the population so low I'm not going to go to Deadmines and Farm Greens for Strange Dust at 1x Rates because there aren't any on the Auction House. I would of wanted 4 Stats to Rings but no offense to anyone on that server but that's kind of a big nope.

I have pugged Ulduar 25 (Frags Res) on Ice Crown which to be fair is pretty difficult to get people for because they don't really need it aside from Transmog/Achievements.

In the time I leveled to 63 on Outland I didn't see a single Kara or ZA pug in Global.

These are the fundamental problems for new players coming to the server. There are really nice people. In fact a 70 Hunter basically solo'd Ramparts to help me. It's not the players fault because they are trying really hard to protect something that just has imperfections.

The fundamental problems on this server is that it doesn't have a vote shop for starter gear from 5 Mans/Heroic Blues and it doesn't have at the very least 2x Rep and Professions.

Aside from the players on the Server which are as I said extremely nice. It's just not worth the grind and effort in it's current state.
    i agree with you, but no offense.. even on 2x Rep and Professions i wouldnt play here. too much of a grind.

11. i agree with you, but no offense.. even on 2x Rep and Professions i wouldnt play here. too much of a grind.
    Rep and prof would need to be x5 to be in line with the XP rates. Different rates only cause issues that lead to a unsmooth gaming experience such as not beeing able to catch up with the prof skill while leveling up.

First ... 234