1. I think there shouldn't be any new server or any serve wipe. What I'd like to see is a reduce in Icecrown population cap from 12k to 8k because this can improve the realm's stability and performance by a lot. Also by doing this, it can encourage non-donors to move to Lordaeron or Blackrock since there will be a very long queue time for them.

2. I can't be the only one who doesn't think everyone having full bis is the sign of a healthy server.
    So going by your logic, you DONT want people to advance to the highest content and eventually get the best gear for their classes? The point of having boosted xp is for people to get straight to endgame content, which WoW has always been most known for all these years. I'd like to think that a server is VERY healthy if a large population of it has the opportunity to fully BIS out their characters. Getting full bis is a unique experience in itself, and not something that many people experience in retail servers, because the game eventually progresses to new content. This itself is one of the main selling points of BC/wotlk/cata/etc servers that have been stuck on the same content for years - it helps the casual player get full bis.

For example, a player joins warmane for a few weeks, gets geared up to about 5.5k gs, and takes a few month break. In retail wow, when the same person comes back from their break, all their gear will be outdated, rendering their past weeks pretty much a waste of time. In warmane however, they can pretty much pick up right where they left off. This is a HUGE selling point for many people who play here.

Additionally, wiping the server completely would result in a HUGE outrage from the community. Like it or not, a **** ton of people donate a large sum of money to Warmane. For there to be no outrage at a server wipe, they'd have to return coins used or find some other compromise. If the server wiped and donors would simply get their coins back for things they spent on, why wipe in the first place? The donors would just fully BIS their toons a week after the wipe, in turn bringing a large population of the server back to BIS status. Who suffers the most in this situation? Non-donors who have spent years grinding for their gear and eventually the BIS status that some of their characters have.

You ask what your incentive is to playing on a server where you have to play catch up with people who have been BIS'd for years, yet fail to realize that you're playing on content that has been out for more than 10 years. Of course you'll have to ****ing catch up. Did you expect people to just sit around in Dalaran afk'ing all these years?

3. Bring back the x20. I wasn't interested in low rates back in 2010 and i am still not interested in low rates now. Pls give us our fun servers back.

4. It's time for a new wotlk realm since a long time, Icecrown and Lordaeron are completed by the majority of the population.

Also, I surely wont play on a classic realm since there is a retail clean and populated realm, but I guess that may interest people that do not want/can't pay the fee, they won't fill a realm tho. All realm projects on other expansions from warmane failed. Warmane is wotlk, a realm on an other expansion won't last more than a month and will end up like outland, frostwolf, cata.

5. So going by your logic, you DONT want people to advance to the highest content and eventually get the best gear for their classes? The point of having boosted xp is for people to get straight to endgame content, which WoW has always been most known for all these years. I'd like to think that a server is VERY healthy if a large population of it has the opportunity to fully BIS out their characters. Getting full bis is a unique experience in .........,............
    Not going to spend too long arguing with a guy that has a pickle Rick avatar.

First off, if the thing you got from my post is that I don't want anyone to have end game gear, your reading comprehension skills are lacking. You are putting words in my mouth. All I am saying is that this server is incredibly top heavy. If you go around inspecting people. It seems like 6/10 are full bis and 3/10 are alts.

The root of the issue is stagnation. People have been farming the same content for years. That's totally fine if that's what you want, but why not provide something for others who don't want to swim in a sea of shadowmourne?

There is a reason ladders and ladder resets are so popular in games. As a rule, people find it satisfying to compete with others in a fresh start on a level playing field. So why not here? It's a great way to retain old players while giving them a new time sink, and possibly even regain old players who quit because they were sick of raidlogging Icc.

And look on the bright side, no one is threatening to take your precious 6.5k gs! You wouldn't even need a coin refund, since a new server would not take your old one away. Feel free to stay on Icecrown. I know we've been over your third grade reading level already but the second half of OP says a server wipe is a bad idea probably. I should know. I was heavily invested in molten. RIP molten.

6. Not going to spend too long arguing with a guy that has a pickle Rick avatar.

First off, if the thing you got from my post is that I don't want anyone to have end game gear, your reading comprehension skills are lacking. You are putting words in my mouth. All I am saying is that this server is incredibly top heavy. If you go around inspecting people. It seems like 6/10 are full bis and 3/10 are alts.

The root of the issue is stagnation. People have been farming the same content for years. That's totally fine if that's what you want, but why not provide something for others who don't want to swim in a sea of shadowmourne?

There is a reason ladders and ladder resets are so popular in games. As a rule, people find it satisfying to compete with others in a fresh start on a level playing field. So why not here? It's a great way to retain old players while giving them a new time sink, and possibly even regain old players who quit because they were sick of raidlogging Icc.

And look on the bright side, no one is threatening to take your precious 6.5k gs! You wouldn't even need a coin refund, since a new server would not take your old one away. Feel free to stay on Icecrown. I know we've been over your third grade reading level already but the second half of OP says a server wipe is a bad idea probably. I should know. I was heavily invested in molten. RIP molten.

Totally agree. Good post.

Its so boring that I don't even want to log in on my BIS chars... what to do? Don't need to farm emblems, gear from raids... dont like arenas. Love bgs but every bg is camping gv or get camped on a gv...

7. but why not provide something for others who don't want to swim in a sea of shadowmourne?
    Then you can go lorderon, there nearly no shadowmourne, at least there 0 at battlegrounds.

8. Then you can go lorderon, there nearly no shadowmourne, at least there 0 at battlegrounds.
    Except that is not true. Since we have cross-realm BGs.

9. Coming from someone who has been on Icecrown sense day one I would want to see a fresh new server not attached to the others. This would attract new players to the server and create a fresh experience for veterans.

10. Me and a few other newer players on Icecrown got to experience the s8 geared players raping us many of times.

11. would be interesting to see warmane create an expansion-progression server

12. Not going to spend too long arguing with a guy that has a pickle Rick avatar.
    Get off your high horse. You say you won't argue with someone with a pickle Rick avatar, yet resort to an ad hominem attack using reading comprehension? Lol

13. Not going to spend too long arguing with a guy that has a pickle Rick avatar.
    Judging a person by his/her avatar, welcome to the new age. I think it's just rude and makes you ignorant by judging someone bluntly.

Totally agree. Good post.
    And a person supporting it, just amazing. Wow!

I can only imagine taking these people's thoughts and opinions into consideration.
    Edited: September 26, 2019

14. Judging a person by their avatar, welcome to the new age. I think it's just rude and makes you ignorant by judging someone bluntly

Actually this behaviour is very common. Someone make a point, but all arguments supporting his point are subjective. When he fail to convince others and cant provide any substantial arguments that are not subjective he try to dismiss other people with character attacks, which in this case is someone forum avatar.

First 1234 Last