1. Judging a person by his/her avatar, welcome to the new age. I think it's just rude and makes you ignorant by judging someone bluntly.

And a person supporting it, just amazing. Wow!

I can only imagine taking these people's thoughts and opinions into consideration.

Yes Im supporting the idea of a new progressive server for example. Whats wrong?

2. Actually this behaviour is very common. Someone make a point, but all arguments supporting his point are subjective. When he fail to convince others and cant provide any substantial arguments that are not subjective he try to dismiss other people with character attacks, which in this case is someone forum avatar.
    Coming from a person with a SKOOBYDOO AVATAR!

But let's not change the subject of the topic. This is a popular opinion on this forum (that people want a new server/wipe of our current server) because it IS hard to get by when you're new. Is it impossible? of course not. Would it be slightly easier if a new server would arise? Yes. The more important question though, is, would people stay on that server? or would they leave because of the lack of population compared to ice crown? not only that, would the competition become too aggressive for those people to handle?

If a person is willing to whine about ganking, how would they be able to handle it when hundreds are in their zone trying to get ahead? I experienced such an event when Lordaeron opened up, and I can tell you, that being a multiboxer of 5, on a 1x server, made leveling a struggle. There were no mobs available to anyone, and you had to WAIT for a respawn if you wanted to finish a quest, and I can promise you, I was NOT the only one waiting, and some quests took 3-4 hours to complete, because of the huge influx of players AND faction competition. This is something very few of those people take into account.

Personally? I'd love to re-experience that, but I'm a committed individual, and I would rather see myself get passed the turmoil before quitting. Are they? think about it, and as always---

Thank you for reading.

3. Yes Im supporting the idea of a new progressive server for example. Whats wrong?
    It's funny that they're saying i'm ignoring what he said and just attacking his profile pic while that was literally one line, followed by three paragraphs about his post (which they ignored... lol.)

4. No man, just play the game how it is, it's a private server, people have been here for years gearing up.I have only been playing off and on here for a year, never donated, and I'm at 6k gear score just from doing my raids once a week. If you are sad everyone out gears you, then play for a year like they did and get gear like they did. This game really isn't as hard as you think it is. Just go raid man.

5. Gonna respond to this as a returning player myself, been years since I actively played here. But I dip in and out to check.

What is my incentive to play on this server when I'm just playing catchup with hundreds of people with BIS gear that have been raidlogging (or pay-day logging) for 2 years?
    How can I hope to compete with them?
    That's where your problem lies. "Catchup" and "Compete"? Who and why do you think you're catching up to compete with anyone?
    And also, the people who have actually progressed for 2 years shouldn't be punished for it.

PvP will not be fun when i'm getting hit with an 11k crit by a SMourne
    As long as donations exist, this will happen. Every single time.

every raid i've seen advertised has ludicrous GS requirements. 5.5k gs for VoA? Really?
    Yeah, I never understood this myself. I guess it's for those insecure people?

6. As long as donations exist, this will happen. Every single time.
    Even if donations wouldn't exsist this still can happen, there's always someone who get gear faster than you and one shot you cause of advantage. At least with donations all cry babies can blame donators for their failure.

7. Yup I'd like a new server without community-killer dungeon finder nor leveling and wild pvp-killer heirloom which are both silliest add to the game and are both why classic succed more than live realm atm.
    Those were the most interesting modifications to Lordaeron and now it's just a X1 Tlk server...
    Btw if anyone know a populated tlk server without DF nor heirloom I'm interested ^^ Thanks !

8. id like a new cata server :l. one of my fav things about cata were the dngs. and a fresh server with new 85's doing those dngs seems like a hootin of a time

9. Don't feel bad about you post being called a crypost or **** like that because, everyone but you, have their own BiS plate toon, the thing is not that many people would like to loose their days/years old toons. I mean yeah you're right, it's a massive bull**** having no opportunity at all to compete and the fact that even mother ****ing rep runs ask for ridiculous amounts of previous experience is quite stupid. Truth is always bitter.

Everyone is a jerk into the other's eye so I can tell you how much I hate that orange item... I really do, I hate it with passion and I understand how you feel, but that's more of a balance issue than a new player issue, it is with no doubt one of the flaws of 3.3.5.
    But no, creating a new realm/disolve the old one would be extremely ridiculous. There are many of us, we've been playing here since forever (it's not that much but 2012 till now) and even if we're not fully BiS (yeah sorry, I like to play the ****** in most places of Azeroth instead of hard commiting to raiding becuase I'm autistic as ****) it would be really horrible to loose all of your progression, alas.

Perhaps a temporary solution would be to encourage recruiting not so geared toons on guilds. It really helps to get people "there" faster. It also provides socializing and collective learning.

10. Even if donations wouldn't exsist this still can happen, there's always someone who get gear faster than you and one shot you cause of advantage. At least with donations all cry babies can blame donators for their failure.
    Because gear is not crucial on WotLK :^)
    Furious/rele don't even stand a chance, you can be the best rogue in warmane and beat even counterclasses on similar gear... but against BiS plate you don't stand a chance. There is no legit outplay, just outgearing (best plate players can tell you, there are way better weapons than the meme we all know). It is at off wrath/raid gear when things start getting interesting, you can even tell who's legit and who doesn't by how they play... it is there where it gets funny.
    Edited: September 30, 2019

11. Its hopeless to argue about opening new WOTLK server since It is completely pointless. The only improvement or change that should be thought about is making Icecrown obligatory harder. That means, for everyone. I'm talking PVE perspective ofc. Removing ICC buff completely or reducing it for example. The game is old ,and donations are important part of server functionality so everyone is always going to have good gears. Most classes don't require lots of skill to play with good enough gear. It can push you hard. The thing is that one thing missing and it is completely normal in 12 year old game is challenge. Everything has been done basically.

So, the thinking should be done on how to make it challenging without core game changes.

But that is probably useless thinking and it is much better to simply let the dead game die. Classic hype won't last long, be sure about it...

12. The only improvement or change that should be thought about is making Icecrown obligatory harder.
    by making it harder you make it less friendly for newcomer and casuals, also making them even harder to compete with bis players if they stuck at 4-5k gs cause of harder raids. Even now average requirement for icc 10/25 is 5.8 Gearscore, imagine GS req after your proposal.

13. by making it harder you make it less friendly for newcomer and casuals, also making them even harder to compete with bis players if they stuck at 4-5k gs cause of harder raids. Even now average requirement for icc 10/25 is 5.8 Gearscore, imagine GS req after your proposal.
    How can you compete with bis players in terms of obtaining gear. Gearing up is easy when people around you are overgeared. And reason is obvious too. They don't need gear, you do. Any decent guild will accept you with 5k gs. And good thing is you get to be 5k gs with fos pos hor dungeons that are so often carried by those bis people. You will be bis in no time with many classes If you are an active player. Ofcourse you won't be first choice for main runs, but for alts, you will get your spot.

Greater issue is that my suggestion would make PUG runs very diffictut even in normal mode, so basically it would make guild monopoly. But it is now the same for HC dungeons..

14. You can remove buff, find likeminded people and do it. Leave the rest of us out of it.

"guild monopoly" - you can't compare guild runs with pugs, usually 12/12 clear guild runs every week compared to pugs, half of whcih ends on GSB, rest ends anywhere up to BPC(skipping PP of coarse). Then you get those 12/12 once in 3 months when stars align and you get 10 people who can carry 15 potatoes. Deal with all the ferals and people who dont even actually want to be there on top of it. It "guild monopoly" 10 years already. Isnt that obvious - people who band together with same goal will clear anything in game - it was designed that way.

15. You can remove buff, find likeminded people and do it. Leave the rest of us out of it.

"guild monopoly" - you can't compare guild runs with pugs, usually 12/12 clear guild runs every week compared to pugs, half of whcih ends on GSB, rest ends anywhere up to BPC(skipping PP of coarse). Then you get those 12/12 once in 3 months when stars align and you get 10 people who can carry 15 potatoes. Deal with all the ferals and people who dont even actually want to be there on top of it. It "guild monopoly" 10 years already. Isnt that obvious - people who band together with same goal will clear anything in game - it was designed that way.
    The whole post you made is completely pointless since It misses any clear argument or reason. First it neglects what I already stated that removing buff should be mandatory, secondly I already said that guild monopoly already functions on Hc dungeons.. So you are just wasting space without a suggestion on server improvement.

First 1234 Last