1. Time for a new server / server wipe?

With classic out, I'm sure many others have been driven back into the arms of WotLK (and subsequently, Warmane) for personal reasons. Whether its not wanting the slow grind, not wanting to play vanilla content, or not wanting to pay for retail, I feel like now is the time that many old players will come back to Warmane as a result of classic hype and nostalgia.

Myself being one of those returning players, there is one thing I've noticed that sours my experience; nearly every level 80 i run into has shadowmourne / 284 weapon and full wrathful or heroic T10 etc. Heroic DBW, the whole lot.

What is my incentive to play on this server when I'm just playing catchup with hundreds of people with BIS gear that have been raidlogging (or pay-day logging) for 2 years? How can I hope to compete with them? PvP will not be fun when i'm getting hit with an 11k crit by a SMourne and surprisingly every raid i've seen advertised has ludicrous GS requirements. 5.5k gs for VoA? Really?

I would love to see a new set of servers (1x and 7x) to match the classic launch that would give the population a fresh experience. I would say just wipe the server and start fresh but that's not really fair to the people who have worked hard to earn their gear (or paid for it). Put everyone on a level playing field and I feel like the new server would flourish. I would play that all day.

Thoughts on the topic? Do you support a new server? if you had to pick one server, would it be high rate or blizzlike?

2. warmane are working on a new project, we just haven't been told what it is. i don't think a new wotlk realm would work to well tho. most people who are geared on icecrown aren't going to switch to a new realm to start from scratch. it would only be attractive to new/newish players.

if a new realm was made i would personally want higher rates. at least 5x xp, 2/3x proff rates, and 2x rep rates.

3. So, if i'm reading this right, you want a server wipe because people who have been playing here for years have long reached end-game, and you're not one of those people? I haven't seen anyone asking 5.5k for voa and even if they are, you can simply lie about your gs. No one's gonna inspect you for voa. And about being wrecked by a full wrathful players, it's what happens everytime anyone makes a new alt, not sure why new people expect to be treated differently.

I'm sorry if I sound rude, but this to me seems like a well mannered and written out cry-post about how everyone has everything and it's impossible to catch up, which is far from the truth.

4. When warmane launched "Ragnaros" a whole lot of geared people swapped to that realm, myself included.
    People would love to swap to a new realm where they will be "gods" with their bis gear, battlegrounds would still have those people 1 shotting other players.
    It would only work if people aren't allowed to realm transfer or have cross realm pvp for a while until players had a chanse to gear up.

5. if a new realm was made i would personally want higher rates. at least 5x xp, 2/3x proff rates, and 2x rep rates.
    I would too prefer a higher rate to start with. I rather wanna skip the boring grinding/slow leveling to enjoy the max level content.

@OP
    Ofc the amount of SM and near BiS toons have increased for few reasons.
    While you've been away for 2 years, there have been players who:
    - raid/pvp actively will gain their gear eventually.
    - donate and buy the gear.
    - make money and sell items/gold in trade.

If you feel you're at unfair disadvantage what comes to gear, do remember there are new players joining each day. Especially when these well geared individuals go and gank low level beginners, it's allowed but it's annoying for them.

6. No.
    New realm option isn't feasible, it would cost more than it would earn back.
    Wiping the realm is just a **** idea. Others, and me, have been playing for years. I've become lazy after first bis char so I've stopped HC raiding a while back. But even now, most of my characters are very well geared. Why should my hours of playtime be wiped to comfort someone who's just joined? How often should it be wiped? Every 6 months so new players can catch up?

Last I've played on retail was during WOD, somewhere around middle. Every RDF HC had an overgeared tank just rolling through it alone, or a healer doing more damage than 2-3 dps. I'd imagine raiding was the same. No one even thought about wiping that, ever.

7. this to me seems like a well mannered and written out cry-post .
    I feel the same when I read it.

Got few bis chars, also Im gearing up 2 chars (about 5k gs atm), geting rekt every day by shadowmourne players yet i don't need any server wipe to gear up, ofcourse its not easy task, but it was never easy task if you have no boost from friendly guild.

8. I like how he mentioned DBW and its literally the easiest of the bis trinkets to obtain

9. You guys can call it a crying post all you want. It was not intended that way. I'm just wondering how many people feel the same. I can't be the only one who doesn't think everyone having full bis is the sign of a healthy server.

As for there not being enough interest, i'm literally sitting in a 2000 person queue as i type this. I'm sure some people would be interested in starting fresh. It doesn't have to be a progression server, although i think that would be cool. Just a fresh start for everyone.

10. You guys can call it a crying post all you want. It was not intended that way. I'm just wondering how many people feel the same. I can't be the only one who doesn't think everyone having full bis is the sign of a healthy server.

As for there not being enough interest, i'm literally sitting in a 2000 person queue as i type this. I'm sure some people would be interested in starting fresh. It doesn't have to be a progression server, although i think that would be cool. Just a fresh start for everyone.
    Oh, I was going to write a wall, but you're just not willing to spend the cash on que skip :D Silly.

Although, I would like to see a new server. I really love ice crown, but I dislike the activities some of the players parttake in. A solution to my problem, would be to allow a 1-5x exp rating on lordaeron, because their community is fantastic.
    Edited: September 22, 2019

11. With classic out, I'm sure many others have been driven back into the arms of WotLK (and subsequently, Warmane) for personal reasons. Whether its not wanting the slow grind, not wanting to play vanilla content, or not wanting to pay for retail, I feel like now is the time that many old players will come back to Warmane as a result of classic hype and nostalgia.

Myself being one of those returning players, there is one thing I've noticed that sours my experience; nearly every level 80 i run into has shadowmourne / 284 weapon and full wrathful or heroic T10 etc. Heroic DBW, the whole lot.

What is my incentive to play on this server when I'm just playing catchup with hundreds of people with BIS gear that have been raidlogging (or pay-day logging) for 2 years? How can I hope to compete with them? PvP will not be fun when i'm getting hit with an 11k crit by a SMourne and surprisingly every raid i've seen advertised has ludicrous GS requirements. 5.5k gs for VoA? Really?

I would love to see a new set of servers (1x and 7x) to match the classic launch that would give the population a fresh experience. I would say just wipe the server and start fresh but that's not really fair to the people who have worked hard to earn their gear (or paid for it). Put everyone on a level playing field and I feel like the new server would flourish. I would play that all day.

Thoughts on the topic? Do you support a new server? if you had to pick one server, would it be high rate or blizzlike?
    I agree totally.

I refuse to play at this point on WOTLK due to this situation. I also have few BIS chars and it's not fun anymore AT ALL!

12. warmane are working on a new project, we just haven't been told what it is. i don't think a new wotlk realm would work to well tho. most people who are geared on icecrown aren't going to switch to a new realm to start from scratch. it would only be attractive to new/newish players.

if a new realm was made i would personally want higher rates. at least 5x xp, 2/3x proff rates, and 2x rep rates.

That was a rumor and they didn't said or sonfirmed anything. Do you thinks its a classic realm or maybe legion or something (I doubt it)?

13. That was a rumor and they didn't said or sonfirmed anything. Do you thinks its a classic realm or maybe legion or something (I doubt it)?
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=398810

This has been just a little short update on what the team is working on. This does not include everything, as the daily tasks that come and go are far too many to write down in a forum post. Warmane is a living organism with many people, with various functions and duties, that make it what it is. To conclude this rather large wall of text, we'll leave in a little treat. A small number of developers and our quality assurance personnel is working on a rather secret project and we are making great strides so far and our core and years of work that we have put into it is making all of it is easier. We hope to reveal more information soon!
    not just a rumor.

honestly not sure what the project would be, i can't see it being any of their current expansions, nor do i see it being cata. so that would leave either classic, something past mop, a progressive realm starting at classic and going right up through all expansions, or some form of custom realm with who knows what for features lol.

14. Thanks for the link.

I don't think they can script it after MOP expansion. Its just more and more complicated to do it, and have another broken expansion like we have MOP at the start is just bad.

I hope its a classic progressive. Custom (get the best from vanilla+tbc+wotlk) sounds nice, but can backfire.

15. Throwing my 2 cents in, i would love a multi xpac progressive too. I'm not sure if classic retail being out makes it more or less likely, but I would love that. The amount of work that would have to go into a progressive pre-bc -> tbc -> wotlk server must be unimaginable. That would be a huge undertaking to say the least.

I'm sure it would probably be 1x but hypothetically if it comes out i would love to see it be at least mid rate (3-5x). Ain't nobody got time for 1x.

123 ... Last