1. that is a really bad analogy.....first of all...YOU decided to play on "blizzlike" non donor PVE based 1x realm....meaning ONLY YOUR GEARING PROGRESSION is much slower and harder.....you will not forever be a "feather-weight" on loarderon, you will eventually gear up, just at a much much slower pace and EVENTUALLY BE SAME GEARED AS THE REST, and eventually be able to showcase your skill without sayingf "meeeh im outgerared".

many many hardcore loarderon people are "heavy weights" now and are top rated in arenas because they invested time in it. i guess they are just more hardcore than you since you need the easy way out? isnt the whole point of lordaeron that its blizzlike you get everything much harder and in the end its much more rewarding? meaning when you eventually do gear up you can show your skill and pwn the "geared noobs"? isnt the whole point of it the CONTENT and PROCESS you get while slowly gearing while in the end reaping a greater sense of achievement than the "insta" realms? and that was YOUR choice....think of the insta geared ppl in arenas or bgs as raid bosses you will eventually with determination and SKILS, be able to take down....and yes...you CAN do that on lordaeron like many ARE ALREADY DOING. many people really like this challenge, and if you think its too hard for you, you have 2 other realms you can relativley quickly reroll on and get right back in the action, and this time with 0 excuses.

and talking about the shadowmourne thingy and such....yes....we all have the privledge of being on the recieving end of this game breaking phenomena....i play on blackrock and icecrown and i dont have any donor gear and i think it sucks...but thats what the server lives of....too bad it had to break the pvp game while doing it, but we are ALL having to put up with this on all 3 realms, not just you, lordaeron people.

and then answer me this...i wrote it in a post above already...

so you make a totally different ladder for non cross realm players? that already means some loarderon and other loarderon people will NEVER meet in arena if they are in 2 different opt-ins? isnt that already like....dumb? sdo one guy has 2500 but he is beating EVERYONE on all realms....and the other guy has 2500 because he is beating 10k hp noobs in greens since he has "lordaeron only" pvp enabeled?

tell me, how would that work?

and in the end one day when you finally have full gear you would rather be "first in the willage than last in the city" than face the best players of all 3 realms? think a bit ahead...and i aint even gonna get into the Q times and matchmaking you guys will have in your solo realm circus

and i say it again.....you can make a practically identical char to yours on blackrock with decent starting gear and play it untill your main on lordaeron catches upšcatches up if you are so frustrated with the situation

and im just pointing out the flaws in this suggestion....its noit like icecrown and blackrock need lordaeron at all to have a great, flurishing pvp scene like it is....we wouldnt even notice you guys gone since when you pass 1600 you barely ever even see anyone from your realm :D
    It's incredible how good you are at not addressing the fact that people deserve the autonomy to choose whether or not they want to participate in crossrealm or not. Yourself and the likes love this talking point where "Well everybody who plays on Lordaeron consents to crossrealm because you signed up for it and yadda-yadda": I started playing there before crossrealms, and never consented to crossrealm being foisted upon me. People suggested polls, and the idea was scrapped because the data is highly susceptible to being corrupted (by trolls, non-participation, etc.)
    So people ask for voluntary participation, but "frick them, they just want their own microcosm and bubble and damn the whole lot because they aren't REAL veterans like myself..."? Total non-argument.
    So much of what you're saying is seriously begging the question, and is completely unsubstantiated: the infantile machinations of manifested conjecture.

All I'm saying is people deserve to choose whether they participate or not. If the arena ladder ranking is such a problem, then the opt-in/out could only apply to battlegrounds, so that there is at least 1 fair PvP environment, but I believe arena should be voluntary participation too. The initial inconveniences of the system shouldn't negatively affect the broader outcome of establishing fair participation, and granting autonomy to players to choose where and how they participate.

There's already a tab for the different realm's top 50 PvP teams, and currently if you go into Lordaeron's top 50 arena ladder, it's populated with 90% Blackrock teams. This observable phenomenon is the silver-bullet in the whole "should crossrealm participation be voluntary"-argument. Your entire demeanour surrounding the fact that some people dare desire autonomy in choosing in whether or not to participate in the obviously flawed and unfair environment fostered by crossrealm, makes a strong case for voluntary participation. What the **** makes you think you have the right to dictate how I wish to participate in PvP? If you play Icecrown or Blackrock, you have a CLEAR advantage, this is indisputable. You, a constituent of the unfair parties, obviously have something to gain by foisting your crossrealm on everybody.

2. Even tho im in for this option, to make PvP less cancer for new gearer - HOW ABOUT:

just give the BiS lolmourne gladis etc their own bracket? Warmane already splitted BG matchmaking via GS scan. That i get into BiS player games with 5k GS is rediclious. IF I WOULD BE 6k GS - then ok match me with those, but not while im gearing up and try to enjoy PvP in WotLK

Long story short - Make more GS brackets

3. OR....stop pretwnding your hardcore since lordaeron is obviously too much for you and move to blackrock and pvp there....o wait....you actually need pvp skill for ratings to get the bis pve items on blackrock and not just spam predictable raids over and over....nevermind

bottom line is.....ppl that ask for an easy way out will always complain about something whatever you give them, and probably due to a total lack of competitive spirit, healthy ambition, excitement about gear and skill progress with time and most importantly...total lack of faith in the true pvp skill they posess....

sure.....make the opt in...but then do it for all 3 realms.....leta totally divide the brackets to have 4 instead of 1 so people have the right to chose....

while your at it, maybe trow in a handicapped bracket for people with disabilities so we are politically correct for them too if they show their medical documentation....and ofc split it up for male and female since males are naturally more agile and overall better in videogames so this just wouldnt be fair to mix the two....lets have 10 brackets over the same wxpansion...fre kit :')

4. and why blackrock ppl dominate the ladder.....its not insta 80 with relentless or donor gear...its cuz they are obsessed with arenas, thats all they want to play and realistically...thats basically all they can play since theres no other content..

and on brock you either git good at pvp or you quit the realm....theres no other way to get good gear....while you were spammin icc those guys were spamming arenas all day long thinkin of tactics how to get better and beat their opponents....just add 2 and 2 thnx

5. and why blackrock ppl dominate the ladder.....its not insta 80 with relentless or donor gear...its cuz they are obsessed with arenas, thats all they want to play and realistically...thats basically all they can play since theres no other content..

and on brock you either git good at pvp or you quit the realm....theres no other way to get good gear....while you were spammin icc those guys were spamming arenas all day long thinkin of tactics how to get better and beat their opponents....just add 2 and 2 thnx
    On Blackrock you can donate for gear, exactly like on ICC.

Stop spreading bull****s, you are clearly not informed enough on the topic and you are here just for trolling.

6. i too never donated for gear altho i am on blackrock and i faced them when i just started and now as well... so i demand a special bracket for donors and non donors on blackrock as well i feel im at an disadvantage

7. and while were at it....i request all raids to open on blackrock i find it crazy other 2 realms can raid while we cant and warmane must give me my right to have a choice ... why are we forced to only pvp? i find this a huge disadvantage in content compared to other realms fix asap thnx

8. Honestly there is no downside for this suggestion imo

9. Sure, give them the option to disable it, but only match them with others that also disable it.
    No reason to punish the rest of the players for a few of them that wanna play bgs like 2v2 arenas.

10. Quick Solution: Remove crossrealm combi with blackrock. Crossrealm from Icecrown and Lordareon is more than enough. BLACKROCK is not the same kind realm. ITS A PVP SERVER!

11. i thought lordaeron players were hc and up for a challenge and not just a bunch of crying wimps that want an easy way out
    We have enough challenge playing with (and against) other Lordaeron players who had the same gearing experience as we do.
    There are many skilled and high-GS players in Lordaeron, so the problem about long queues shouldnt be a "compulsory commitment" for us.
    This option would surely encourage lower-GS and less experienced players to join BG.

12. Except low geared players don't get to play vs Blackrock most of the time because of the gear brackets. They can only get blackrock players (and everyone else) when there's not enough low geared players so they don't have to wait for a long time.

13. Except low geared players don't get to play vs Blackrock most of the time because of the gear brackets. They can only get blackrock players (and everyone else) when there's not enough low geared players so they don't have to wait for a long time.
    No, thats plainly not true. I'm fresh 80 (bought fury while 70+, added some <251 iLvl parts) and I've seen Lolmournes and such since the 1st bg 80.
    I'd rather wait much longer and have a balanced, competitive bg than the farmfests that bgs currently are, for one side or the other.

14. crossrealm arena

crossrealm bg is totally fine. crossrealm arena on the other hand kinda sucks. how am i supposed to farm my gear against people who get it instantly after creating a character. sure it is possible, but kind of frustrating.

15. crossrealm bg is totally fine. crossrealm arena on the other hand kinda sucks. how am i supposed to farm my gear against people who get it instantly after creating a character. sure it is possible, but kind of frustrating.
    Crossrealm bg is NOT totally fine when you are to face 3 or 4 lolmournes on WSG while you are playing fresh 80.

Then again guys, this aint discussion about premades nor "git gud", its simply the logical, natural way for a progressive gearing experience: 1st you do your bgs, farming honor and then arenas.

Currently you can't do neither of that in a balanced way. 99% of bgs are one side farming the other.

First 123 Last