1. hit lvl 80, now what?

in my prev topic, i was bching about toxic nerds flaming me for being crap at tanking, ok fine. also from my prev topic, i learn pvp gear set is a complete useless gear to pve(i have a full pvp set by the way, every piece i can get, yeah i love pvp), ok fine, lets consider i dont have it, now i sit with blacksmith gear, heroics dungeons locked, i assume go and do the normal dungeons ? best i get is rare gear, not bed, not enough. not even close. pvp gear far better stats then any rare gear obtainable from normal dungeons.

in conclusion:
    with full rare normal dungeons gear: as tank, you suck.
    with full pvp gear (with skill, enchant, gem, as this guide for example said https://www.gnarlyguides.com/wotlk/g...-warrior-tank/ {dont tale me this guide is shet, all guides saying the same}): as a tank, you suck.

so i been told go to fury or arms for dps, well pvp gear still shet no? rare items for heroic dungeons? hell no. and did i mention i wasted 10k+ gold for enchant, gem, weapons, for the current set? and now i need another 10k for the fury one? and then again for new tank set?!
    also, hate fury and arms, love the tank skill set, more fun for me, so going for dps is out of the question.

but wait! i did heroic dungeons with pvp gear, and completed, some was not perfect, in some i was ignored by mobs, in some i was perfect tank,but all the time tanking at least 3+ mobs, and yes 1 or 2 going for the healer doing my best to tount, but ppl forget there is this thing called "cooldown", and i use every single agro skill i have, every single one of them. yet i being ignored by few.

so... here i am, lvl80 tanking warrior, now what? end the game as a pvp player? or there is a way to lvl up gear without the salty tears of toxic nerds that die just once in a whole ride but cant handle it? and again, not going for arms and fury, and don't say go to fine guides, if they even mention gear, its about the endgame gear, not talking about my situation.

is there a tanker who reached the top here willing to give me the secret to his success? or im done as pvp player?

2. Farm FoS, PoS, HoR and Trial of the Champion normal and hc versions, you'll fill every slot with tanking items which are just a little worse or equal to your pvp set comparing their item levels. And even if a piece of tanking gear may seem weaker than your pvp piece, equip it nontheless, because if you want to tank pve the most important stats for you now are dodge/parry/block. If you are not able to tank the hc versions, start with farming normals. Also in the meantime when you'll be farming these, do daily RHC aswell (or even several for more emblems), by that you'll get Emblems of Triumph, which you can exchange for other great pve tanking items, even higher iLvl than your currently equipped pvp set.
    Edited: September 23, 2019

3. ty for your answer, i have another question, if i might, in my understanding pvp gear is more about dps and resilience which is useless for tanking, now if i gem and enchant same as guide say for pve tank, all those stats are on, dodge/parry/block, and i get from pvp gear more armor stamina and strangth, not to mention gem slots, and still not enough?

4. PvP gear is terms of dps is between PvE tank gear and PvE dps gear (stronger to dps than pve tank gear, but weaker by much than PvE dps gear). Strength is a secondary stat for warrior tanks, it just gives you more dmg, which will result in more threat, but you'll get enough just from items so don't bother about it now (and also Shield block value, but these amounts are small and not worth gemming or anything). And about Stamina, you need it to not be one/two shotted by bosses. But consider a hypothetical situation - you got 100k hp and absolutely no dodge/parry/block. Even though nothing can kill you quickly due to your large amount of health, your healers will not be able to keep you healed, because you don't mitigate any kind of damage through dodge/parry/block. And that's why both of those stats are equally important.

If you have a tanking item and it seem much weaker than your pvp item, even for tanking and you are not sure if you should equip that, just calculate it. If (defense rating+parry rating+dodge rating)/2 + stamina/3 gives you bigger number than stamina on pvp piece /3, equip it. If the tanking item got block rating - it will probably be worth equipping as well since even small amounts of block rating gives you a lot of block chance percentage.

5. ty for your answer, i have another question, if i might, in my understanding pvp gear is more about dps and resilience which is useless for tanking, now if i gem and enchant same as guide say for pve tank, all those stats are on, dodge/parry/block, and i get from pvp gear more armor stamina and strangth, not to mention gem slots, and still not enough?
    That guide you linked is very basic. Glyph section is just wrong. Look at mine here on forum if you want more info.

Resilience is not completely useless. It makes you at least uncritable. Which is first condition to start tanking. On Icecrown pvp gear should be good enough to tank heroics. On Loarderon I doubt it (because they made it more difficult).

Problem with pvp gear is that it provides pretty much only stamina and uncritability. Uncritable cap reached by defense ratting instead gives you a ton of other defensive stats. (Parry/dodge/block/to be missed). Additionaly it ussually lacks threat stats as well.. (hit and expertise). More about stats bin my guide..

If you want to start this route you have to realise, that you will take significantly more dmg and produce lower threat than properly geared tank. (Enchans and gems DO NOT outweight much - all of them together are worth like 1 or 2 proper tank items).

That being said you can make it work. Try to cap expertise and hit.. Use vigilance on target that takes most mobs from you - it will reset your taunt each time they are hit.. use slow weapon, glyph of cleave(ing). Change targets and apply devastate to more than just one. Use talents for more dmg. (Impale rocks)

Once you farm enough Emblems (from rhc or fos/pos) buy t9 and offsets you can.. after that you can tweak your glyphs to be more raid ready, start toc 10, 25, voa, and slowly transition into icc. You are unlikely to be able to kill LK right away, but first few bosses each week make farming frosts and gear much faster..

Ppl here consider war tank way inferior, which is not true, you just have to be very persistent.

6. https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#LA0...Vctrg0didczsGo

This is the one I prefer to use. Of course you can change that.

But short answer > farm fos/pos/hor normal > then heroic. Go to trial of champion if you want black heart trinket for extra stamina.
    Once you get emblems just buy some gear and you're almost ready for icc10 normal 4 bosses run at first.

If anyone wondering why I use improved spell reflection, that is because of 4% less spell hit + it adds a possibility for other players to reflect spells as well when I activate it. Pretty useful in dungeons like Oculus, or Hor heroic where mage throws big fireballs so someone reflects instead of dying.

7. Care to show armory link? If you don't want to post it on forum publicly, due to toxic players, you can send link via private message.
    Trying to get an understanding of your gear situation.

PvP gear in PvE isn't that bad, but as a tank it's bit harder as Jendah mentioned above. DPS and heals can easily do RDF HC, FoS PoS HoR ToC5 HC farms with PvP gear.

8. to OhieMitzen this is my set with gem and enchant same as guide i mention: https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Furi...27s_Battlegear
    and wrathful Gladiator bracers, relentless Gladiator girdle,relentless Gladiator greaves...

and ty you all for the serious answers, was losing hope in community here for a moment, for now gonna try farm FoS, PoS, HoR and Trial of the Champion normal dungeons for now, then go according to jendah guide to see whats up, hope my set be enough for at least this dungeons for now

9. Lol is this the same guy that was complaining about being flamed for tanking in pvp gear? Damn WoW isnt the game for you bro. Just because you gem PVE gems in PVP gear doesn't make up for the fact that you are wearing pvp gear. I honestly dont get why u keep trying to push using PVP gear for tanking. Everyone's been telling you its wrong. PVP gear is for PVPing, and PVE gear is for PVE.

10. Lol is this the same guy that was complaining about being flamed for tanking in pvp gear? Damn WoW isnt the game for you bro. Just because you gem PVE gems in PVP gear doesn't make up for the fact that you are wearing pvp gear. I honestly dont get why u keep trying to push using PVP gear for tanking. Everyone's been telling you its wrong. PVP gear is for PVPing, and PVE gear is for PVE.
    How does this help with anything? He is at poit A and needs to get to point B. Farming emblems is right idea right now. Definitely way better than wasting time getting tanking blues that wouldn't help in his situation. His main problem seems to be threat, not survivability and blues wouldn't improve that.. For raid yes, you need at least most items properly itemized, but rdf/fos/pos is trivial content.. it can be soloed.. demanding ureasonably overgeared chars for content at hand is the biggest plague here.

11. Lol is this the same guy that was complaining about being flamed for tanking in pvp gear? Damn WoW isnt the game for you bro. Just because you gem PVE gems in PVP gear doesn't make up for the fact that you are wearing pvp gear. I honestly dont get why u keep trying to push using PVP gear for tanking. Everyone's been telling you its wrong. PVP gear is for PVPing, and PVE gear is for PVE.
    oh here one of the nerds! was wondering were you at, what if i told you that in normal dungeons im doing excellent right now? with the pvp gear?
    to the reason why tank, i love it, love the skill set prot worrior have, why should i change my game? to please you?
    Edited: September 24, 2019