1. Which class should I main ? (Paladin or Warrior)

Hello guys, I created a new account recently, and I would like to know to which character I should donate a shadowmourne, a warrior or a paladin.

I intend to do both PVE and PVP content, pvp mainly focusing on arena rating, some BGs, and on the side WPVP for fun...

My problem is, since this is the only character im gonna level, and main, isn't paladin the best choice, since it has multi-specs, and therefor more to farm to keep me from getting bored, like the legendary mace?

On the otherside, there is no skillcap on warrior, while the paladin's (ret) skillcap ceiling is really low by comparison.

In pvp arenas i know warrior pulls ahead, but they are played with a paladin supporting them, and by donating for a shadowmourne on paladin ill be "more viable in pve" since tank paladin > prot warrior, but yet again fury war > ret paladin...

So you can see what im having trouble with, i wanna know what is your opinion on which is better in the long run ( I'm talking years ), and the pros and cons of each both on pvp situations and pve, that made you guys chose one over another

2. Hello guys, I created a new account recently, and I would like to know to which character I should donate a shadowmourne, a warrior or a paladin.

I intend to do both PVE and PVP content, pvp mainly focusing on arena rating, some BGs, and on the side WPVP for fun...

My problem is, since this is the only character im gonna level, and main, isn't paladin the best choice, since it has multi-specs, and therefor more to farm to keep me from getting bored, like the legendary mace?

On the otherside, there is no skillcap on warrior, while the paladin's (ret) skillcap ceiling is really low by comparison.

In pvp arenas i know warrior pulls ahead, but they are played with a paladin supporting them, and by donating for a shadowmourne on paladin ill be "more viable in pve" since tank paladin > prot warrior, but yet again fury war > ret paladin...

So you can see what im having trouble with, i wanna know what is your opinion on which is better in the long run ( I'm talking years ), and the pros and cons of each both on pvp situations and pve, that made you guys chose one over another
    Hello,

Since you want to choose between Paladin and Warrior in both PvP and PvE, I'd say go for paladin because of the following reasons.

1. PvP and PvE - You can choose different spec for PvP - Healer and retri for arena and bgs. PvE - Tank, Healer, or retri (Paladin tanks are preferred over Warrior tanks in most raids)

2. Retri and Arms PvP - Shadowmourne are good for both Paladin and Warrior, however dks do extra damage with shadowmourne. Both arms and retri are good at surviving, but retri pala has more advantage in surviving in some scenarios compared to arms warr.

3. Paladin can also be a support class in comparison with warrior. Warriors are very good with a healer, Paladin can however provide support and sustain more without a healer (talking when you have bis items).

4. As Paladin you may face many awful counters which can be annoying sometimes like priest, lock, and mages, but they aren't that much of a counter for warriors.

5. Tank and healers are always preferred for PvE. Healers are preferred in a pm for bgs. Therefore, paladin can be useful in these cases.

With that being said, I think it's wise to choose Paladin between Paladin and Warrior. It's just my opinion, but you can choose whatever you enjoy playing.

3. For duels or Arenas, Warriors (Arms) wins because of 50% heal reduction with Mortal Strike (its precious) and greater mobility than Pallys. In true, Pallys no have mobility on this expansion, its a hard problem for them. Healers prefer warriors. But attention, Pallys wins all mellee on x1 (on equivalent gear), but have a lot of dificulty against range dps, more than DKs and Warriors.
    For BGs, amid the crowd, Pallys are better, more instant damage and survivor, and others players do approaching enemies. Pallys can be good healers on BGs, better survivor between healers, but only do direct heals, no shieds and reductions and HoTs and defensive CCs and AoE heal skills. Its all may be a problem.
    For PvE dps, both are the best classes on this expansion, very easy to play (may do macro for pallys) and highest damage for most fights.

Be in peace!

4. The invention of the reckoning hybrid paly makes me curious if it's really still the case that Arms warr is the creme de la creme in Arena.
    Seems like disc/reckoning paly are taking over the 2s bracket.

5. That's true but still warriors are still better in 3vs3 while rets well...

6. Hello guys, I created a new account recently, and I would like to know to which character I should donate a shadowmourne, a warrior or a paladin.

So, I'm playing a Paladin myself and since you have 3 (or even 4?) valid main builds and can switch between dps, tank and healer, it never gets boring. There is one thing that might make you want to play a Warrior, tho. Which is the absurd amount of Paladins you come across (atleast on Icecrown). I happen to get into RDF groups consisting of 4 or even 5 Paladins. Happens to me alot. I don't know if that is something you care about, just wanted to share my personal experience.

That being said...Welcome to Warmane! Enjoy your ride :)
    Edited: October 17, 2019