1. Merge

After the merge i got 4 of my characters who are lvl 80 without any gear/gold etc.Can anybody tell me if this is normal or was there something that i missed out since i havent logged in for like a year now.

2. Check if your account was accessed during your time off via account history.
    Are all your EoF/EoT gone too? It would imply somebody sold everything you had, and spend emblems to buy primos/gems.

3. Are you talking about Arena Tournament merge? (so Blackrock realm)

In that case on 28th May 2016 all gear have been resetted for a fresh new start. That is why your characters are naked

4. These characters were low levels and they got isnta 80 when they were transferd , but after the transfer they had nothing on them no gear no gold .. ntohing.One of those characters was even in the starting area as ... as in like he was just created but witouth the cinematic which play when u create a char and u enter .
    Edited: September 30, 2019

5. ok, so for "merge" you mean when Deathwing and Ragnaros realms have been merged into 1 Realm (Icecrown).

If you have lost gear and gold it means someone have logged your account I guess.

try to open a ticket on website (if your account is premium) to find out why your chars are naked