1. Equipment Manager sets disappeared from characters during player hiatus

Greetings Warmane community,

I've been away for more than a year and I'm trying to pick up and start playing again. I haven't lost any of my characters (thankfully), but I've run into a small inconvenience: The equipment sets I had saved on my characters have disappeared! I'm talking about the in-client feature that allows you to save sets through the "Equipment Manager" option in interface>features, not some addon. This is a bummer because I have/had at least 2 gear sets in every character (for main and off-specs), sometimes more (pvp sets, specific tanking sets, RP sets, etc) and it's annoying to have to manually remake all the sets.

What I noticed is that even though the equipment manager set window appears empty, there are "ghost" spaces/keys in my hotbars where my set icons/buttons used to be, but clicking them does nothing. Which is why I thought it would be a good idea to post here first before remaking the sets one by one. Is there any solution to this? Are equipment sets saved server side, or client side like macros and addon settings? (side note, thank goodness for backups,if I had to remake all my macros and settings for the characters I had to rename I would have gone insane). Maybe there's a way to "resurrect" them somehow?

I should note that I'm playing on the Icecrown server and I'm using the same wotlk wow files/folder I used to play on back when I was active (meaning I didn't re-download anything)

Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance!

2. there has been a reset of Equip manager slot almost 1 years ago. (Wotlk realms)
    We all had to re-make them

3. Really? Okay that explains things. Still it's kinda weird I couldn't find any information about it in the forums, the devlog updates or the changelog if it was something that affect so many people

4. Why i can't save any equipment set?