1. Warrior Prot PVP which item

Hey

Want to buy one item from shop and can't decide what to chose, I hesitate between havoc and WF shoulders.
    As a prot i don't do much damage from meele or devastate ability, which is main ability that takes damage from mainhand, so i think mainhand weapon isn't most important right? Correct me if im wrong

2. if you want pvp only as prot, i would sugest to buy the WF shoulders, but i think much better is to get the havoc (or the 277 sword, with arp that i think drops at Saurfang) or much much better buy the shield on hc bcs it will help in pvp as prot and pve too (you will need to do pve too because you need some pieces from pve set for dps to go prot pvp

3. as prot in pvp u dont need WF shoulders at all, so better get STS, DBW, Shield or Havoc

4. Hey

Want to buy one item from shop and can't decide what to chose, I hesitate between havoc and WF shoulders.
    As a prot i don't do much damage from meele or devastate ability, which is main ability that takes damage from mainhand, so i think mainhand weapon isn't most important right? Correct me if im wrong
    wf shoulders are dog**** if you arent gonna play 3v3.
    as for havoc - i find it not optimal if u compare it to bvb (haste is almost useless, havoc has better dps but bvb has arp on it so it helps with reaching arp cap)

pvp prot requires much more investment than 1 item

5. If you wish to play Prot PVP go with the setup I use on my warrior. You can switch out a few talents for stuff you find more useful. I personally enjoy what I use.
    Do you lack defense? Grab Wrathful head/chest/legs, stick to tier 10 gloves/shoulders for the massive damage boost.
    If you are playing human you have two choices. Either you pick DBW instead of PVP trinket or you decide to go with Death's Verdict(less ARP but more solid due to the STR bonus, which affects both Block Value, which is damage and Attack Power, which is also damage, and it's not a stupid 1/3 chance of a useful proc)

- Edited a typo.
    Edited: October 9, 2019

6. If you wish to play Prot PVP go with the setup I use on my warrior. You can switch out a few talents for stuff you find more useful. I personally enjoy what I use.
    Do you lack defense? Grab Wrathful head/chest/legs, stick to tier 10 gloves/shoulders for the massive damage boost.
    If you are playing human you have two choices. Either you pick DBW instead of PVP trinket or you decide to go with Death's Verdict(less ARP but more solid due to the STR bonus, which affects both Block Value, which is damage and Attack Power, which is also damage, and it's not a stupid 1/3 chance of a useful proc)

- Edited a typo.
    past 1970 block rating any amount of str u have wont increase damage of shield slam outside of shield block cd

7. Which is why I told him to look my character up and see that I am in fact also stacking armor pen.

And yes, you are right about the cap of Block Value. Just keep in mind that Strength also adds attack power, which increases the effect of your 2-set bonus from t10 Fury set which applies a 16% attack power bonus for 10 seconds. I'm not saying this is reliable to count on when it comes to bursting but it's a note to keep in mind. Plus the fact that using DBW will have one absolutely useless effect, another one that is actually alright and a third one that is the bomb. Using Death's Verdict adds a tiny bit less effective AP but also a proc that is useful 100% of the uptime compared to one that is more suited towards RNG.

Stacking Block Value is still fairly useful towards melee classes. Using a high Block Value cap will continuously increase the damage of the thorns on your shield. So it doesn't become 100% useless. It just loses offensive one-shot mechanic usefulness at that point.

If he wants an in-depth guide he can always try to google the numbers himself.

8. id get sts hc, great for all 3 situations, prot pvp, fury pve and arms pvp