1. [Unholy PvP] Talent build for Bryn/SM

Hi folks, i brought you a new build that allows you to maximize the benefits of procing weapon like SM or Bryntroll in PvP.

Wandering Plague is useless in 2vs2 or 3vs3 (except TSG), because it reduced by resilience twice. Tbh, i really don’t understand why almost every unholy DK takes this talent. So, i find that Reaping is much more useful because it gives us a rune flexibility (more Death or Scourge Strikes, which can cause proc).

I chose the Blood-Caked Blade as an additional trigger for SM or Bryn, but i see no reason to spend more than 1 point on it, since proc chance is quite high and further improvement doesn't increase damage.

Impurity. I removed 1 point from this talent, as this is the only way to get a free talent point without significant loss of damage. Just test if you don't take my word for it.

I suggest discussing the pros and cons of this build.

https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#jZG0xp0M...uzbucqo:pbL0Vz

2. all depends on your playstyle, i guess most of the dks preffer to sit on battlegrounds and get that extra bonus damange, in arenas i do agree on switching to reaping, but the blood caked blade looks useless to me

3. Yeah, reaping is a must. Wandering plague sucks. Bcb is interesting tbh. Impurity is great to take pts from, some dks put 1pt in it even

4. Wandering plague > reaping because the chance to get extra damage isnt based on it after reiliance, its your flat out crit chance.

"Wandering Plague
    Rank 3
    Instant
    When your diseases damage an enemy, there is a chance equal to your melee critical strike chance that they will cause 100% additional damage to the target and all enemies within 8 yards. Ignores any target under the effect of a spell that is cancelled by taking damage."

The important part is " a chance equal to your melee critical strike chance that they will cause 100% additional damage to the target"

So as a bis DK you have around 33% crit, meaning your dots tick extra every third tick or so. Which translated into that your dots do your crit chance more in damage as % (if you have 10% crit your dots do 10% more damage, if you have 20% crit your dots do 20% more damage etc), however that does get reduced by resiliance again, so out of 33% around 25% remain. (as you do 33% more damage with dots, but 33% after resilance is taken into account amounts to about 25% or so, depending on how much resi the enemy runs)

What this does mean is that your dots, which generally are your biggest overall damage as a DK, get a flat damage increase by 25%. (and this doesnt even take into account the extra damage of the aoe effect)

And 25% more damage on your dots is much much much more valueable then more utilty in the form of more blood runes. Especially in arenas.

And, yes its a chance to do more damage, but since your dots tick so often it will even out over a game, meaning it really is a fixed damage increase.

5. You take reaping for burst potential to secure a kill, It's not used by most UH dk's because they are doing bg's where WP is disgustingly strong.
    Like sure with WP at the end of the arena you did tons of damage but without reaping finishing off a target is way harder.

6. You take reaping for burst potential to secure a kill, It's not used by most UH dk's because they are doing bg's where WP is disgustingly strong.
    Like sure with WP at the end of the arena you did tons of damage but without reaping finishing off a target is way harder.
    Do you actually burst more with reaping? You get 1 more scourge strike (but lose a blood strike), however your dots do less damage and your burst is centered around coil anyways. And plague is taken by almost every high rated dk for arenas.

You want the enemy softened up before you burst, and better dots help a lot there. Not to mention that if you do get multiple procs the second you grip a hpala or disc in your burst damage will go through the roof.

7. You get to use Bone shield, AMZ, extra chains or whatever you need without screwing up your runes that much. Extra SS and DS

8. You get to use Bone shield, AMZ, extra chains or whatever you need without screwing up your runes that much. Extra SS and DS
    Eh, its not like casters are a problem really, its war/pal or other heal/dps comps you struggle as a DK. And extra damage > utility vs that. And as a good DK you shouldnt be wanting for runes there anyways.

9. This is actually the build I use for pvp. 2 points in Chill of the Grave, because this way you only use 2 Chains of Ice for 40 runic power and thus 1 death coil which is #1 on your damage. This increases your dmg greatly when facing any kiter, combined with 2 points in Icy Reach.