1. Got into an argument today ( Ninja looting )

Hey all ,
    As a paladin spec protection ,, i que in RDF as a tank and also as dps ,
    i got in a dungeon as a DPS , I needed drop which was a shield and the guy who had the tank role needed it too ,i won it ,then this guy whisper's me saying :you know you will get banned for ninja looting i got a screenshot , then i sayed to the whole party that this guy whispered me as a threat that he wants the shield .
    asked some people at stormwind who were kind enough to discuss it with me .

A guy said that i cant que as a DPS if my talent tree was protection which didn't make sense to me ? so is that true ?!?
    second question is , if its alright to me to que for both DPS/tank and i got the DPS role , so i cant need tanking items ?? only who gets the tanking role on the party gets to need the tanking items !?!
    thanks

2. you can que as both dps/tank. but once the rdf starts you can only need on items for the roll you joined as. so if you got in as dps, and needed and won the tank shield. you can be banned for ninja looting.

3. well i have seen nothing like that in the rules page , its not really that clear ... people choose different roles to fill in (( especially lower levels ))the rdf and make it happen faster .... so it doesn't make sense that your role in dungeon ( despite your current talent tree spec ) would give someone an advantage over someone else just because he got randomly selected as the tank not you !!!!!
    do you imagine if everyone just choose one role cause if they dont get the role then they have no right to need an item what will happen ?! dungeons will be less common .
    i dont know if you are replying and stating your own opinion or is that a rule if you could just please clearfy to benefit us all as i have visited the rules page and in my case its not clear at all

4. It makes complete sense. When you queue you tell the system what roles you'd play as in a dungeon. Queuing as DPS without having DPS gear could be, from my point of view, considered disrupting gameplay.
    If you get in RDF as a role you don't want to roll as, you eat it. Next time you should only queue as a role you can fulfill.

5. well i have seen nothing like that in the rules page , its not really that clear ... people choose different roles to fill in (( especially lower levels ))the rdf and make it happen faster .... so it doesn't make sense that your role in dungeon ( despite your current talent tree spec ) would give someone an advantage over someone else just because he got randomly selected as the tank not you !!!!!
    do you imagine if everyone just choose one role cause if they dont get the role then they have no right to need an item what will happen ?! dungeons will be less common .
    i dont know if you are replying and stating your own opinion or is that a rule if you could just please clearfy to benefit us all as i have visited the rules page and in my case its not clear at all
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=325598

3rd post.

6. well different sets of gear ,,,, i think thats important like when raids and lvl 80 when roles are really critical . its not like am doing healing while my spec is protection ... anyway i think am gonna chose only tank role from now on to avoid these types of incidents .
    Edited: October 3, 2019 Reason: added more info

7. Sorry, but you were in the wrong. You got in as DPS and you should have only been rolling on DPS items, regardless of queueing as tank or dps. Next time, just queue as tank if you dont have a DPS off spec.