1. Hey All,
    Since we last spoke i've progressed well with gear, I am two days away from two pieces of Tier 10. I've supplemented some lacking gear (belt and boots) with PVP pieces as they were easier for me to get with wintergrasp weeklies than the leather belt and HoR boots. I'm currently stuck again, I have around 5k gold casually grinding and logging in for an hour a day and I was wondering if it was worth continuing to save for the battered hilt to get quel'delar?
    I haven't fully gemmed or enchanted yet and am aware that this would be a large boost in DPS, but I don't expect to be able to join a ICC PUG anytime soon to get an upgrade to the tyrannical beheader.
    Basically, without a weapon upgrade for a long time for me, is it worth getting the battered hilt and then enchanting the rest of my gear or is it worth getting full enchants and hoping to get an ICC weapon much later whilst still using tyrannical beheader.
    Thanks,
    Almex

2. saying thing isn't an evidence between.

3. I would enchant/gem my gear. Then get weapon from vote points or, hell, run around with 2-ton hammer from pos normal. Ditch PVP items, resilience gives you literal 0 in PvE and leaders will think of you as "GS stacker" and wont invite you in raids, I think even 219 ilvl pos stuff is better than pvp gear.

Then I'd go ICC, on 10man there is sword from 1st boss and there is axe from 4th boss. Pretty easy to get. Bryntoll from 1st boss on 25man.
    However, bosses wont just kill themselves, you need to know wtf to do in raid on every boss.

4. Hey All,
    Since we last spoke i've progressed well with gear, I am two days away from two pieces of Tier 10. I've supplemented some lacking gear (belt and boots) with PVP pieces as they were easier for me to get with wintergrasp weeklies than the leather belt and HoR boots. I'm currently stuck again, I have around 5k gold casually grinding and logging in for an hour a day and I was wondering if it was worth continuing to save for the battered hilt to get quel'delar?
    I haven't fully gemmed or enchanted yet and am aware that this would be a large boost in DPS, but I don't expect to be able to join a ICC PUG anytime soon to get an upgrade to the tyrannical beheader.
    Basically, without a weapon upgrade for a long time for me, is it worth getting the battered hilt and then enchanting the rest of my gear or is it worth getting full enchants and hoping to get an ICC weapon much later whilst still using tyrannical beheader.
    Thanks,
    Almex
    Id say go for the battered hilt, first you have to get into a pug, then you have to actually kill the boss and the item has to drop and you have to win the roll - meanwhile gold is farmable and you can work for it. Lastly you atm dont need dps, you need to get into raids and Queldalar ist a damn big update, both dps wise and GS wise.

Enchants/gems add dps too, but the gearscore increase is very small.

And even if you get into a pug the day after and bryntroll drops for you, then it was the reason you got into that pug, it still looks amazing and you can transmog it later on and the quest chain by itself is pretty fun, especially if you have never done it before.

So go get that hilt.
    Edited: November 8, 2019

5. Would just like to give an update,
    Got the sword yesterday, the questline was great fun and very much worth it for the lore. Spare cash can now finally go towards gems and enchants which should boost my dps further. I gotta say, it was nice having a concrete goal to work towards, further gear upgrades are less interesting now than a new weapon.
    However, i'm also looking forward to gearing my caster alts that aren't as reliant on their weapon xD
    Thanks for the advice all!

6. Would just like to give an update,
    Got the sword yesterday, the questline was great fun and very much worth it for the lore. Spare cash can now finally go towards gems and enchants which should boost my dps further. I gotta say, it was nice having a concrete goal to work towards, further gear upgrades are less interesting now than a new weapon.
    However, i'm also looking forward to gearing my caster alts that aren't as reliant on their weapon xD
    Thanks for the advice all!
    was it worth it to get that weapon?

First 12