1. Where to progress with gear?

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me make some gear decisions.
    I currently don't have much consistent time to be able to raid but enjoy my daily HC dungeon etc and hope to PuG when i'm able to. I'm Almost maxed out on gear from HC ICC 5 mans and EoT gear and am looking toward the next steps. I'm still looking to get the boots from LK in HoR HC and to realistically change my belt (bought to bump iLevel to get me into RDF HC originally).

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...daeron/summary

I have around 70 EoF and was wondering whether I should get shoulders and hands of T10 as my next purchases? My back/cloak needs work but I was also wondering whether to farm honor for a relentless cloak as 50 EoF for the iLevel 264 cloak will slow me down significantly for getting 2 pieces of T10.
    (i also have needle encrusted scorpion but heard that the ArPen proc isn't worth it for a Paladin)

I'm on Lordaeron and can't simply pay for gear with coins.

Thanks in advance

2. I'd suggest not getting the T10 hands for EOFs because they drop from VOA10/25 frost boss. Go for Head/Chest, even shoulders if you're in a rush to get 2pt T10 bonus. I don't know the situation over on lordaeron but VOA raids shouldn't ask for much better gear than what you have at the moment.
    Try getting into some TOC pugs because I see a lot of your pieces are 232 or lower, so TOC10 drops 232 and 25 drops 245.

3. Thanks for the advice :)
    Do you know what the drop rate for items from him and how many items Toravon drops? Currently I'm unlikely to be able to string together enough consecutive hours for a ToC PuG but should be able to do VoA. If i'm waiting weeks for the gloves and hopefully legs to drop i'll continue getting my 2 daily EoF until i can afford the T10 chest and shoulders.

4. Hijacking here to not make a new thread.

This is my Ret pally at the moment: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary
    I have around 90 triumph and 35 Frosts, what do you suggest to do right now?
    I'm trying to get the boots from HoR HC and I'm not sure if I need to buy Mark of Supremacy because atm I'm over the hit cap (10,28%). The best would be DC:G but at the moment I'm not rich enough to buy it off the AH.
    Should I wait for enough frost for a t10? Should I spend them in the libram? Or the belt/cape?

Or maybe should I dump the emblems in a tank set (atm 4k gs with a green shield) and use that to get more easily into pugs?

5. Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me make some gear decisions.
    Ok so looking at your gear a few things come to mind:

-get rid of that meme belt, it's only good for boosting gs and entering RDF HC, but it is worth nearly 0 in terms of DPS. Aim for the 219 leather belt with expertise (you need more exp) from pos NM. It will compliment your current gear really well.

-do Coren everyday, and during the upcoming halloween event, do it every day too, easy way to get frost for a new player.

-Do ICC rep farm until you become friendly and get an Ashen Verdict ring (agi or strength, both are fine), this should take you 30 min of farm for a 251 ring: worth

-get FoS NM's agility cloak, it's not a massive upgrade but people will instantly look at a blue item with disgust, so it will make a difference when inspected.

-you started gemming, finish gemming

-enchant everything

-buy head/torso + shoulders T10 first. Once you get 2t10, get the Herkumi war totem trinket (unless you've looted some good trinket in the meantime) with the next frost.
    A 2t10 + 2t9 pally with HWT > 4t10 with **** trinkets
    After that buy T10 legs if you still haven't dropped them at VOA, and never buy gloves (use any good offset gloves you find)

-your hit rating should be relatively fine once you replace those T9 shoulders with T10 (they don't have hit)
    Edited: October 3, 2019

6. Hijacking here to not make a new thread.

This is my Ret pally at the moment: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary
    You have absolutely 0 expertise, and expertise is one of the most meaningful stats for paladin
    Priority number 1 : get T9 or T10 legs to get some expertise in your gear
    Prioriy number 2: gem & enchant everything, you are basically raid-ready so start looking pretty

then
    -if you can get into a TOC10, the trinket that drops there would be a massive upgrade for you. Alternatively, use votepoints for a better trinket than scorpion (it's ****). If you can't do any of that, get the leather belt from pos NM with expertise on it, I repeat but you REALLY need expertise

-don't get Mark of Supremacy if you're already over hitcap

-for the boots: those from HOR NM first boss are fine, you don't need the HC version and you can farm it very easily : mail crit haste AP is perfect for pally

-for the hit rating: try getting the Weeping gauntlets from FOS HC 1st boss, they will help you get closer to the normal hitcap by replacing the useless extra hit on your current gloves
    alternatively: use votepoints and get the crit + haste bracers from voteshop. Good bracers are hard to find as paladin.

7. Thanks for the advice Zeaconn!
    I didnt realise the rep farm for the friendly ashen verdict ring was so quick! Have been doing Coren every day, it's been a boon and has given me hope for getting 2 piece T10 in a month lol.
    Again thanks :)

8. You have absolutely 0 expertise, and expertise is one of the most meaningful stats for paladin
    Priority number 1 : get T9 or T10 legs to get some expertise in your gear
    Prioriy number 2: gem & enchant everything, you are basically raid-ready so start looking pretty

then
    -if you can get into a TOC10, the trinket that drops there would be a massive upgrade for you. Alternatively, use votepoints for a better trinket than scorpion (it's ****). If you can't do any of that, get the leather belt from pos NM with expertise on it, I repeat but you REALLY need expertise

-don't get Mark of Supremacy if you're already over hitcap

-for the boots: those from HOR NM first boss are fine, you don't need the HC version and you can farm it very easily : mail crit haste AP is perfect for pally

-for the hit rating: try getting the Weeping gauntlets from FOS HC 1st boss, they will help you get closer to the normal hitcap by replacing the useless extra hit on your current gloves
    alternatively: use votepoints and get the crit + haste bracers from voteshop. Good bracers are hard to find as paladin.
    Thank you very much for your feedback!
    I can get T9 legs ASAP and I will probably do. The expertise cap is 26, right? I think I will get there with T9 legs + Toc10 trinket (which is this right? http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=47881 If so, it's also on the store with votepoints) so I shouldn't need the leather belt too.

Also, what should I do with my first EoF purchase? Once the expertise issue is fixed, what should I buy? Libram? Save for 2pt10?

9. you should get the head and chest from T9, try to run the VOA25 for hands and legs T10 (don t buy the t10 hands, because later you will change them) or you can get the War Token with EoF (it will icrease the dps pretty well) , you can get the 264 ilv legs BOE from AH, Woodin necklece from AH too , there is a 264 ring with str hit and crit i think(not sure)

10. Thank you very much for your feedback!
    I can get T9 legs ASAP and I will probably do. The expertise cap is 26, right? I think I will get there with T9 legs + Toc10 trinket (which is this right? http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=47881 If so, it's also on the store with votepoints) so I shouldn't need the leather belt too.

Also, what should I do with my first EoF purchase? Once the expertise issue is fixed, what should I buy? Libram? Save for 2pt10?
    Its 26 yes, you already get 10 from your glyph. If you add the expertise from legs (T9 or T10, it's not a big difference) + another little piece of expertise, you're capped.

With legs + http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=47881 you'll be slightly overcap, but it's better than being undercap and no big deal.

Don't buy the frost libram until much later, it's not a very noticeable upgrade, and sometimes even worse than the EoT libram on some fights, so only buy it after you've got everything else.

As Egrasutu said, you should aim for 2 pieces of T10 first, because it will boost your dps tremendously. I'd go for chest + shoulders t10 first, but head is also a viable option.

11. first should be head and shoulder t10 , + enchc from reputation . 2t10 is huuge dps bost ;

If need expertise go onyxia and get 2h sword ;

For hit get ring from icc rep + do flame leviatan quest (ulduar 10 ) raid very good trinker at start ;

Get Libram of Valiance best libram on begin to both ret and prot spec ;
    Edited: October 4, 2019

12. Hijacking here to not make a new thread.

I have around 90 triumph and 35 Frosts, what do you suggest to do right now?
    I'm trying to get the boots from HoR HC and I'm not sure if I need to buy Mark of Supremacy because atm I'm over the hit cap (10,28%). The best would be DC:G but at the moment I'm not rich enough to buy it off the AH.
    Should I wait for enough frost for a t10? Should I spend them in the libram? Or the belt/cape?

Or maybe should I dump the emblems in a tank set (atm 4k gs with a green shield) and use that to get more easily into pugs?
    Ok a small update:
    I bought t10 shoulders with EoF, bought DC:G from AH and finally dropped some boots from HoR HC. I'm currently saving on points for Vengeance of The Forsaken which I should be able to get like next monday.
    However I'm a bit at a loss on how to proceed now.
    When I played here like 10 years ago (it was Molten at the time) with 5k gs you could start doing pugs ICC25 sometimes and really often ICC10. Now I find that this is basically impossible. Everybody is asking for much higher gs than you could possibly get by doing that raid (5.5k gs for TOC10? I mean, cmon) and of course I'm trying to do VOA10/25 to get other pieces of T10 but the chances are pretty low as you may imagine. Farming EoFs is a really lenghty process atm (5 from weekly, 4 from VOA 10/25 and 14 from RDF = 23 per week) which means that to get a small upgrade for another T10 piece I need to wait for another month (in terms of GS for pugs, of course it's much higher in terms of DPS).

Is getting in a guild that much of a necessity nowadays? And btw when I look up in recruitment most of them are endgame that want 5.9k gs min so I'm here asking for suggestion.

I guess I could save up on money and buy things like Toc25 aglity cloack, Toc recipe wrists, ulduar recipe belt, ICC recipe feet and a battered hilt for instance but I would need a lot of money for gear progression that wouldn't be, like, fun.

Any help is appreciated!
    Edited: October 18, 2019

13. make you own raid ?" or join guild ?

14. As it seems it is a necessity on this server.
    Just started out here and things are....rough at best.
    rnd hc's and icc5mans are no prob but anything raid related is a nightmare.
    pug anything needs atleast 5,5k gs and i am generous here.
    BUT on the other side i understand them because there are A LOT of bad players here.

As a player who has cleared icc hundreds of times this sucks but what can you do, gonna join a guild soon to do raids, you should too

15. I have this DK, 4/5 t9, EoF+fos trinket, even some blues from dungeons. I made ICC10, I didnt ask for GS or achievements, instead I asked each player 3-5 questions about tactics, what things they will use with their spec, what options they have, etc. 4 ppl under 5k gs, top dog was 5.4 tank. Took some 1hr to assemble, but guess what. We cleared it 12/12 with 2-3 wipes.

So here is proof that you can find people who are in the same boat and clear it. But if you are waiting for stuff to magically happen - 23 EoF per week for you.

12 Last