1. How many WOTLK accounts maximum for this set up?

Hello,

I'm new to multiboxing. I use IsBoxer.

My computer is an Alienware i9, 64 GB RAM and a GeForce RTX 2080 Ti for the graphics. My screen is 28".

How many accounts can I run simultaneously with this set up?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

2. Hello,

I'm new to multiboxing. I use IsBoxer.

My computer is an Alienware i9, 64 GB RAM and a GeForce RTX 2080 Ti for the graphics. My screen is 28".

How many accounts can I run simultaneously with this set up?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
    It's a i9 9900K, 3.60 GHz.
    25-30 chars stable (talking endgame activities like wintergrasp battles or raiding enemy cities where you'll have huge CPU loads)

3. It's a i9 9900K, 3.60 GHz.
    does the bios allow you to overclock? not sure if alienware/dell locks their bios's or not. some premades do. if you can, oc that to 5 ghz. it will help a lot. also, have you set your ram to d.o.c.p. in the bios? most bios's have auto configuration of the ram. the bios detects the timings of the ram, which most motherboards have an instruction set in the bios to detect the ram and what it's timings are and its max frequency is (on my system, my ram is 3600 mhz. i don't feel the need to oc further than that because ryzen runs optimal at between 3200-3600 anyways). you can actually overclock the ram if you wanted too. getting a couple hundred mhz can actually be beneficial if you know what you are doing. so.....lets say your ram sticks are only rated to 2400 (many people who build their systems i have seen don't necessarily get pre rated ram. they get sticks that are 2400, which they then overclock them. it is pretty easy to get a 2400 mhz ram stick to around 2800-3000. it is mostly safe to do. as long as you have the timings for the ram and voltage set properly, you can squeeze a bit more frequency out of your ram. so long as your motherboard allows you to overclock the ram that is).
    also, what kind of cooler does your system have? is it air cooled? is it a good air cooler or a stock intel one (stock intel ones are garbage). is it liquid cooled? how big is the radiator if it is liquid cooled? how thick is the radiator. thickness and length can determine how much cooling you will get.
    well.....not sure if you know how to do these things or not. kinda writing both for you and anyone else interested in squeezing some more performance out their systems. after you answer (if you answer), i'll try to find some information about oc'ing your system. i can find dang near any info and give ya some helpful hints.
    only reason i bring this up, is 3.6 on a 9900k is REALLY low for frequency on that cpu.

4. I9 9000k Have a boost up to 5Ghz/5000Mhz, its not just 3.6Ghz/3600Mhz.

5. I9 9000k Have a boost up to 5Ghz/5000Mhz, its not just 3.6Ghz/3600Mhz.
    ya i but i mean, you can all core overclock the 9900k to 5 ghz so all the cores hit 5 ghz. not just the boost (which is typically 2 threads i think).

6. 25-30 chars stable (talking endgame activities like wintergrasp battles or raiding enemy cities where you'll have huge CPU loads)
    Okay, thank you very much.

7. Hello,

does the bios allow you to overclock? not sure if alienware/dell locks their bios's or not. some premades do. if you can, oc that to 5 ghz. it will help a lot.
    Yes, it can be overclocked but I don't dare to do this kind of things. I wouldn't like my CPU to burn or something like that.

also, have you set your ram to d.o.c.p. in the bios? most bios's have auto configuration of the ram. the bios detects the timings of the ram, which most motherboards have an instruction set in the bios to detect the ram and what it's timings are and its max frequency is (on my system, my ram is 3600 mhz. i don't feel the need to oc further than that because ryzen runs optimal at between 3200-3600 anyways).
    I didn't touch anything in the BIOS at all. What is d.o.c.p. ?

also, what kind of cooler does your system have? is it air cooled?
    No, it's liquid-cooling.

is it a good air cooler or a stock intel one (stock intel ones are garbage). is it liquid cooled? how big is the radiator if it is liquid cooled? how thick is the radiator. thickness and length can determine how much cooling you will get.
    well.....not sure if you know how to do these things or not. kinda writing both for you and anyone else interested in squeezing some more performance out their systems. after you answer (if you answer), i'll try to find some information about oc'ing your system. i can find dang near any info and give ya some helpful hints.
    only reason i bring this up, is 3.6 on a 9900k is REALLY low for frequency on that cpu.
    So do you mean that I could overclock it without any danger?

Thanks for your very detailed answer. Even though I didn't get it all, I'm sure that with time, I'll get it :)

8. Hello,

Yes, it can be overclocked but I don't dare to do this kind of things. I wouldn't like my CPU to burn or something like that.

No, it's liquid-cooling.

Thanks for your very detailed answer. Even though I didn't get it all, I'm sure that with time, I'll get it :)
    D.O.C.P is a setting for AMD boards, Asus boards to be specific. You have intel wich means the setting for you is called XMP.

About the overclocking, if you are new to it, I suggest you to do the proper research (Look on the web for others that did it with your hardware.) and don't just blindly apply a 5ghz profile.

Overclocking is NOT without danger, your CPU might degrade faster. (Shorter life-span) and keep in mind that you will probably lose the warranty on the CPU if you overclock it.

TL:DR, do the proper research on overclocking via the web/youtube/dedicated forums. I don't recommend asking on this forum how to overclock :)

9. Hello,

No, it's liquid-cooling.

to start, overclocking is REALLY simple. you really don't have to worry about frying your cpu. since you are new, i recommend watching a couple tutorials on how to do it from youtube. that way you can follow along and input everything they show you. truth is, as long as you don't put some crazy number in the voltage of the motherboard, you are mostly completely safe. even if you do, most motherboards these days have protections against you inputting too much. the days of you inputting something too large and fry your cpu is mostly gone. nearly all motherboards have protections against you putting way too much in.
    what will happen if you put lets say, too much voltage in. when you go to enter windows, your computer won't start windows (it will show the bios, but windows might not run). if it does start, immediately run a program like cinebench r20 (it stresses the cpu out. if the voltage is correct and the frequency is good on your cpu, it will successfully run cinebench. if the voltage is too high or too low, your system will freeze. then just hold the power button and restart the computer, enter bios and re-enter the numbers to oc with. then do it over until you get a couple stable runs of cinebench. if you haven't ran it, you can get cinebench r20 from the windows store. it is the program nearly all overclockers run to test to see if their oc is stable or not.
    so.....without anything further for me really to say, just watch these video's i am posting. they are step by step tutorials on how to overclock the same cpu you have.
    oh and since you have liquid cooling, your temps should be stable enough to run 5 ghz all core oc.
    here is a couple tutorials on how to oc your cpu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwkDJTPGhlU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM5XO96b4G0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZVKSUJXN8k

overclocking a cpu is a tad bit harder to dial in on intel than on amd. on amd you can use ryzen master and adjust the voltages and frequency right in windows. then run that in cinebench and see if it is stable or not and then dial those same frequencies/volts in the bios. i do not believe intel has anything like ryzen master, so you are stuck working with the bios.

when you go into the bios, make sure xmp is enabled (that basically sets the ram to the frequency recommended on it from the motherboard).
    not sure if you have ever overclocked a gpu (graphics card), that is even typically easier than overclocking your cpu. all you need to do is go into the software of your gpu manufacturer. amd has crimson which you then go into global settings and then go into wattman and adjust the frequency, volts, power, etc right from there. as far as nvidia, you can download msi afterburner and use that to over clock. really, overclocking a gpu is a little more safer than a cpu, because windows will crash before you really do any damage to your gpu. but what you do is set the gpu core frequency and memory frequency in msi afterburner, then run a program such as time spy (from 3d mark. it is a free program that tests your graphics card. if the program successfully runs, then you have a stable oc. if the program crashes, then you adjust your frequency/voltage and run time spy again. typically it will just be that program that fails. typically windows doesn't crash from running that. windows can crash, but that is completely all right. it just means it is protecting your system. there is a bunch of built in protections from windows that protects your graphics card. plus.....typically the bios in the graphics card has protections enabled and stops it from having too much power to it.

really, it is nearly 100% safe to over clock your stuff. i mean, baring anything really dumb. if you adjust the frequency and volts slightly, run these programs, and increment too the point of instability, then you won't over do it. and what i mean is, lets say you want to boost your gpu by 50 mhz (which is a tiny bit. you probably wouldn't even have to adjust the volts for that small of an oc), run time spy, if it is successful, that 50 mhz is good. if you want to try 100 mhz, leave voltage to auto, boost the ram frequency by lets say 50 to 100 mhz, leave the voltage on that to auto, then run time spy. keep dialing that in until the max frequencies for auto are set. you really wouldn't ever have to touch the voltages of the gpu to get a decent oc and it be completely safe. if you run the gpu slightly too high for the core frequency or the ram frequency, then the time spy program will crash. then you just leave it too where it completely runs the program fine.
    now.....with amd vs intel. i have a lot more exp overclocking amd cpu's than i do with intel. so.....i really won't comment much about the voltages. in ryzen, all you really need to do to get a stable oc of lets say 4.0 ghz for an 1800x or a 1950x is adjust the cpu multiplier to 40.0, and leave volts to auto. that is literally all you need to do with amd. for first gen ryzen, pretty much any 1800x is capable of running 4.0 ghz. so....i really don't need to go beyond that. I have messed around on my 1950x and with a voltage of 1.385 i can get a stable oc of 4.15 ghz. although, i don't really trust the longevity of that, so i leave it to 4.0 ghz and leave the voltage on auto (which any time i check it, it typically is running around 1.32--1.35, which are perfectly stable volts). so....basically what i am getting at, is 99% of 9900k's are completely stable at 5 ghz. there is LITERALLY a ton of tutorial video's on youtube on exactly how to get to 5 ghz on your cpu.
    really, if i was you, i wouldn't be scared to do it. hell, if 5 ghz scares you, run it at around 4.6 ghz all core oc. which having all cores on 4.6 and running multibox will help A LOT. when the cpu gets pegged, having all the cores boosting above stock will give you a large performance boost.
    so....all i can say is, overclocking sounds a lot scarier than it really is. follow a couple tutorials on how to do it. dial in exactly as they do in the tutorial. they aren't going to steer you wrong. and run your system. i mean, once you learn how to do even a little, it gets WAY easier. i can oc any amd system on my own now, without even researching it. i simply know where to go to do it and how to do it. practicing a ton with my own systems. i personally have never fried a cpu ever.
    when i first got my ryzen systems, i followed a couple tutorials on youtube on how to do it. just cause i wasn't completely sure of the safe amount of voltages required and i didn't know that the auto frequency boost was sufficient to run a stable oc on them.
    so ya, kinda a long reply. but hopefully it is far more informative than the last comment i made. oh, and overclocking your graphics card will help out mutliboxing too. each window you have open for each account is going to suck from the gpu. when you overclock the gpu, it will allow more performance from your gpu, which will help be able to run more windows (accounts) and be able to run them better

this video is to overclock your graphics card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1dGwFOdFLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUEMS-B1Siw

so....2 video's i think is enough to explain it. Sorry about my English, just had neck surgery a week and a half ago and neck is still in a bit of pain. Don’t really feel up to editing it too the point of it making more sense. Hopefully you get what I am saying and follow along with the tutorials.
    really, all you really need to do is go to youtube and put “overclock 9900k tutorial” and you will find a zillion tutorials on it. Same thing with graphics cards. I just did a quick search to find ones that are relevant. Really, I suggest you don’t be scared in doing it. It really isn’t dangerous so long as you follow the tutorials (even then, again, most motherboards have built in protections. Hell, most motherboards now have built in overclocking utilities. Not sure about your motherboard, but most have abilities to auto oc these days. As far as my motherboard. Asus has a software called A.I. Suite, which has an ability to auto overclock your cpu. I’ve used it a couple times, it will get an amd cpu pretty close to 4.0 ghz (for instance, on my buddies 1700x, we ran a.i. suite and it auto adjusted the volts and frequency of the cpu to 3.90 ghz. Which, is pretty dang good for an auto oc utility. Runs completely stable running that utility.
    Speaking of which, I just did a search for dell/Alienware. Apparently they have an auto overclocking feature built in. really, if overclocking scares you, I suggest you start with the auto oc feature. It will give you a boost over stock.
    4. How to change the overclocking settings on my system?
    Once you have confirmed that your system should be overclocked you can enable the Overclocking in different ways depending on your system type.
    For Desktops
    Using OC Controls in the Alienware Command Center
    1. Open the Alienware Command Center
    2. Click OC Controls
    3. Click the OC Profile tab
    4. Click Level 1
    5. Restart your system

Test your system with these settings if you find it stable you may repeat the steps and select Level 2
    Using the settings in the BIOS:
    Press F2 while turning on the system
    1. In the BIOS go to the Advanced tab
    2. Select Overclocking Feature and press Enter
    3. Select Extreme Edition Core Ration Limits and press Enter
    4. Select OC LV 1 and press Enter
    5. Press F10 to save and exit
    6. What to do if something goes wrong?
    To revert overclocking changes cimply load the delfaults in the system BIOS
    1. Press F2 while turning on the system
    2. In the BIOS go to the Press F9 to load defaults.
    3. Press F10 to save and exit.

Found that on this website. https://www.dell.com/support/article...ocking?lang=en

Well…..i hope this information helps you out. some of my amd comments were made to help out people with amd systems.

10. to start, overclocking is REALLY simple. you really don't have to worry about frying your cpu. since you are new, i recommend watching a couple tutorials on how to do it from youtube. that way you can follow along and input everything they show you. truth is, as long as you don't put some crazy number in the voltage of the motherboard, you are mostly completely safe. even if you do, most motherboards these days have protections against you inputting too much. the days of you inputting something too large and fry your cpu is mostly gone. nearly all motherboards have protections against you
    putting way too much in.

[...]

Test your system with these settings if you find it stable you may repeat the steps and select Level 2
    Using the settings in the BIOS:
    Press F2 while turning on the system
    1. In the BIOS go to the Advanced tab
    2. Select Overclocking Feature and press Enter
    3. Select Extreme Edition Core Ration Limits and press Enter
    4. Select OC LV 1 and press Enter
    5. Press F10 to save and exit
    6. What to do if something goes wrong?
    To revert overclocking changes cimply load the delfaults in the system BIOS
    1. Press F2 while turning on the system
    2. In the BIOS go to the Press F9 to load defaults.
    3. Press F10 to save and exit.

Found that on this website. https://www.dell.com/support/article...ocking?lang=en

Well…..i hope this information helps you out. some of my amd comments were made to help out people with amd systems.
    Waow, thank you for a really nice explanation. I really learnt a lot.

And yes, there is two premade overclocking profiles in Alien Aurora: https://cl.ly/4d33e4

I will try to find on their forum and stuff what people say about it (if it works or not or if it grills their machine and stuff).

But thank you very much for all the info. I've bookmarked it to come back to it. Right now, from what I understand from @Pidgeonlord, I should be able to run 25 to 30 accounts without overclock, that should be enough to start and then I'll start the overclocking.

Thanks a lot. It was really nicely explained, totally understandable, even for a dork like me and a lot of useful infos and links.

Thanks again.

11. Waow, thank you for a really nice explanation. I really learnt a lot.

And yes, there is two premade overclocking profiles in Alien Aurora: https://cl.ly/4d33e4

I will try to find on their forum and stuff what people say about it (if it works or not or if it grills their machine and stuff).

But thank you very much for all the info. I've bookmarked it to come back to it. Right now, from what I understand from @Pidgeonlord, I should be able to run 25 to 30 accounts without overclock, that should be enough to start and then I'll start the overclocking.

Thanks a lot. It was really nicely explained, totally understandable, even for a dork like me and a lot of useful infos and links.

Thanks again.
    np. glad i was able to help :)

12. assuming you have good internet to run 25-30 or more.. you should be good with the specs :)