1. I've been playing WoW on Linux for a long time. Nowadays it's easier than ever. You don't even need Wine.
    Of course you need Wine... There are things like Lutris, but underneath it's still Wine.

2. Heyo. My crossover seems to stop at 20% when installing the WoW files. Any solution to this?

3. So, we can't keep any hope to play 3.3.5 with a Catalina OS?

4. I have just uploaded my mac to Big Sur and I can't play wow anymore. i try to open it but nothing seems to work... I'm also trying to re install it but is not working out. Please help me!!!

5. SOLUTION: how to run WoW 3.3.5 on Catalina and Big Sur

Here's how you can run Wow.exe version 3.3.5 on macOS Catalina and Big Sur WITHOUT installing CrossOver, Windows or other commercial software.

http://mangosrumors.org/how-to-run-w...bit-on-mac-os/
    Edited: December 13, 2020

6. Here's how you can run Wow.exe version 3.3.5 on macOS Catalina and Big Sur WITHOUT installing CrossOver, Windows or other commercial software.

i have tried its worked but the graphics is poor i changed in game settings but nothing happened and when used heart stone to dalaran it's given error any solutions for graphics ?

7. http://mangosrumors.org/how-to-run-w...bit-on-mac-os/

i have tried its worked but the graphics is poor i changed in game settings but nothing happened and when used heart stone to dalaran it's given error any solutions for graphics ?

I've reached 60fps, how much fps have you got?

8. I play some time(30-40min) and then got error and it happened all time
    http://i.piccy.info/i9/193d8ceae3d77...t_02_11_13.jpg
    You need to setup the .exe file to use >2gb memory, should stop this happening..

(before you do this make a duplicate of your wow.exe to revert to just in case!)

1. Go to http://ntcore.com/exsuite.php and download the "Explorer Suite (Multi-Platform Version, Recommended)"

2. copy this installer into your bottles c: drive and run it using crossover.

3. it will do an install of the Exploer suite in you r bottle.

4. once installer has run and closed go back to crossover and run CFF Explorer.exe from: Program Files/NTCore/Explorer Suite/CFF Explorer.exe

5. From the Explorer open your wow.exe using the file menu

6. In the left hand column select the "File Header"

7. it should open some details on the right hand side... click on the "Click Here" on the bottom right

8. this will open a dialog box, tick the option for "App can handle >2GB address space" and click ok

9. now Save your changes from the file menu.

Your wow exe should crash a lot less now as it will have access to more memory.

I have been running this setup with all the hd texture and model packs and can confirm it works with crossover 19.0.2

9. Cataclysm

We just bought new Macbook air with Big Sur. We are trying to load cataclysm on it with not much luck. farthest we got was with the Crossover app.
    We installed it. The game loaded. We logged in. But when it is trying to load the character list it always crashes with ERROR #132.
    I deliberately downloaded fresh cataclysm client without any addons and it keeps crashing.
    Only time when we got into the game was when we logged onto realm without any characters so we could create one and log in. But then logging on it again happened the same crash.
    Do you have any suggestion how to fix this issue please? We are desperate now.
    It is only the character list loading where it seems that is some kind of problem.

10. We just bought new Macbook air with Big Sur. We are trying to load cataclysm on it with not much luck. farthest we got was with the Crossover app.
    We installed it. The game loaded. We logged in. But when it is trying to load the character list it always crashes with ERROR #132.
    I deliberately downloaded fresh cataclysm client without any addons and it keeps crashing.
    Only time when we got into the game was when we logged onto realm without any characters so we could create one and log in. But then logging on it again happened the same crash.
    Do you have any suggestion how to fix this issue please? We are desperate now.
    It is only the character list loading where it seems that is some kind of problem.
    Same problem here, but for the WOTLK. Someone know how to solve that issue?
    Edited: March 22, 2021

11. Here's how you can run Wow.exe version 3.3.5 on macOS Catalina and Big Sur WITHOUT installing CrossOver, Windows or other commercial software.

I've done all this, but am now encountering the apparently common "failed to locate archive interface.MPQ." error. None of the fixes I can find on here, or googling, address the wineskin element, and so don't fix this specific running option... any ideas?

12. Here's how you can run Wow.exe version 3.3.5 on macOS Catalina and Big Sur WITHOUT installing CrossOver, Windows or other commercial software.

Finally I can play it, but only at 60 FPS with lowest graphic available.

13. May 21, 2021  
    Hey guys, April 7 2020. I found a way to play WOW 3.3.5 on Mac OS Catalina. (I am stuck in Quarantine, Co-VID 19 All over the Place, Bucharest Romania, old time WoW player, mostly frustrated that I could not launch WoW on Catalina! So I found a solution).
    I am using a Macbook Pro 2016 model with touch bar, 15.6".
    Works flawlessly. USING STANDARD WoW For WINDOWS Files.
    Step 1. Download CrossOver from the internet (if you don't care, you can Torrent it)
    Step 2. Install and Launch the Application CrossOver.
    Step 3. After launching the App, click on Install a Windows Application.
    Step 4. In the select an Application to Install field, search for "World of Warcraft", select and click continue.
    Step 5. DO NOT Click Install YET, go to the tab where it says "Select Installer", click on Choose Installer File, now browse your Warmane or WoW.exe file and select it.
    Step 6. In the Select Bottle Tab, you can choose Windows 7, x64 Bottle.
    Step 7. Go to Install & Finish tab, click Install.
    It will now install all the necessary fonts, files, and Visual Redistributables that WoW uses under a standard Windows OS.
    Step 8. You will be promoted to install and Accept the FONTS. Click on Yes for every prompt that appears.
    Click Yes to install Microsoft Visual C++.
    Step 9. VOILA, WoW will automatically launch.
    Step 10. Thank me.

Once you finish playing and exit the game, click on Done in the CrossOver APP.
    Next time you want to play WoW again, open up CrossOver app, look at the left pane and select the WoW Bottle you created earlier and Click on RUN COMMAND, Select WoW.exe and click Save Command As Launcher, then click Open.
    Finally, you will see the WoW Icon under the WoW Bottle tab and you can actually now drag the WoW launcher into the Dock, this way you the next time you intend to play, just run WoW from your Dock.

Enjoy,

Mike -
    Just tried this and I was able to run it. Thank you! Catalina 10.15.7

14. This is the current best way to play WoW on Catalina/Big Sur

I came here to share this beautiful thread: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....7852&p=3123707

The original World of Warcraft clients version 3.3.5a and older don’t have support for 64 bit, so they are only available in 32-bit executables. There is no WoW.exe 64 bit for WOTLK 3.3.5 and older versions.

This could be an issue if you are running macOS Catalina or macOS Big Sur (or newer) since Apple removed the support for 32 bit programs since Catalina.

Luckily there is a way to run 32-bit applications on macOS that works for WoW clients version Wrath of The Lich King (3.3.5a), The Burning Crusade (2.4.3) and Classic (1.12.x).

How to run WoW 32-bit on macOS:

- You need a to have a Windows client of WoW
    - Open this URL: https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer/releases
    - Under the latest release section, expand Assets
    - Download Wineskin.Winery
    - Extract the Wineskin Winery.app and place it in your Applications
    - Open Wineskin Winery.app with right-click -> Open (or the system doesn’t let you open it)
    - Click on the “+” sign to add an Engine
    - Select the engine WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.2
    - Click on “Download and install”
    - In the “Wrapper Version” area click Update
    - Click Create New Blank Wrapper
    - Choose a name for the wrapper, e.g. “WoW335”
    - Click ok, it will now take some time to load
    - If it asks to download Gecko or similar, accept and continue
    - Click View wrapper in Finder, pay attention to the location so you know where to find it again – you can also add it to your Dock
    - The folder contains your WoW wrapper, e.g. “WoW335.app”
    - Open it with right-click -> Open (or the system doesn’t let you open it)
    - Click Install software
    - Select Copy a Folder Inside
    - Select your World of Warcraft folder within your computer
    - It will ask you for the default executable, select Wow.exe and close the window
    - You can now open your .app wrapper (e.g. “WoW335.app”) to run the game.
    - Have fun!
    Previously, I had been using CrossOver and it was clumsy and had the issue of the game crashing when RAM went >2GB. Usually crashing in Dalaran was the main problem for people which was often not helped by making changes to the WoD models.

Using the Wineskin method fixes the issue completely.

It's better than CrossOver because

1) you don't have to pay / pirate it
    2) It fixes the RAM issue
    3) The program runs without opening CrossOver also, so it keeps your dock tidier.

The only thing I have to add is that it's no longer the 'latest release version' of Wineskin at the Github (https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer/releases), the current version is the 'pre-release' version. You download the 'Wineskin.Winery.txz' from there. If you're reading this in the future and it has changed again, look for any version which has the 'Wineskin.Winery.txz', all other versions should not have it because they will be outdated.

And with this new version, it's no longer 'WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.2' it's been updated to 'WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.2 - 2'.

Other than that, these instructions are up to date.

To access the World of Warcraft 3.3.5a directory once you've installed it, you right click the app you made on the dock > Options > Show in Finder > Right Click the WoW app icon > Show Package Contents > drive_c > Program Files > World of Warcraft 3.3.5a. This is the directory where you find your Interface folder in order to add addons. You can make an alias folder to access this directory again more easily in the future. 🦄

15. After 14 years I come back to WoW, with lot of nostalgia and without thinking of all the changes of time....and here I am, waiting for the renewal of my monthly internet account, cause I downloaded the Mac OS version (18gb) instead of this walk around method with the Windows version. For those who have not flat internet, check this out before download ^^

Thank you for the solution, I will try in a week or so.

First ... 23456 Last