1. Mac OSX Catalina - 64x bit only WOTLK

Dear Warmane players,

I just recently updated my macbook to OSx Catalina and apparently it doesn't support 32x bit version applications anymore and is forcing me to use 64x bit versions of applications. With that, is there any chance I can still play WOTLK 3.3.5a with the following conditions:

a) Obviously, not use windows OS/computer or virtual box (running windows on a mac)
    b) Not downgrade my OS

I'm hoping that maybe converting my app file from x32 to x64 would be the best bet since I learned that Blizzard only release x64 bit version of the client in 4.3.4. If anyone can point me to a good direction, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much.

2. I have the same sentiments right now.. I just wished the developers here can make a way for a 64bit version of WotLK. But, it seems it is impossible for now. Best solution is to downgrade back to Mojave.

3. No, you can not simply convert and/or modify the file to suddenly make it "64bit." It's not a photo, song or a video to just change the format, a lot is different in an executable file that's compiled as a 32bit and a 64bit application.

Warmane has stated in the past that they have no intention on modifying the client for whatever purpose and mac players are a minority at best.
    I don't see the issue with using a VM, but other than that you can go ahead and post on the apple support forums and ask for the support over there.

Developers never touched the client, windows version is signed as of june 25th, 2010. They don't have the code for that, they can only change the file itself which requires so much work it's either almost completely impossible or just not worth it at all.

4. @dolcokidol that is very true sir

After some research yesterday, apparently to make a 64 bit version you have to rebuild the application from scratch - which makes it not worth it. Looks like downgrading to OSx Mojave would be the best bet.

Thank you everyone much appreciatied!

5. Before downgrading the whole OS, I recommend you install Wine ( https://wiki.winehq.org/Download ) and try to execute the Wow.exe (the Windows executable).
    Wine has gotten way better over these past years.

6. IcanNS, well wine doesn't help us in this way. The page https://wiki.winehq.org/MacOS says "Wine won't work on macOS Catalina 10.15"

7. I still have PTSD from spinning in circles looking at the ground in Wine :-/
    Don't even try to play this game using that or using a Virtual Machine.
    As long as you don't have a MacBook Pro 16" like me, you can run Mojave.
    But I wait for a decade to buy a nice laptop, save up, and FML it can't downgrade.

Skyrim, Fortnite? Knights of the Old Republic? lol

8. Consider bootcamping windows? You don't need to activate it ever. The only annoyance is a reboot when you want to play vs when you need your usual software.
    There's some issues with it afaik, like odd resolution scaling and what not, but it's better than not running at all

9. I usually play WoW in Linux with Wine. Just install it and after a couple auto configurations it will work flawlessly without any need from you to change any configuration manually.

About macOS, since Apple decided to strip any code that allowed you to run 32bit executables and the WotLK client is compiled in 32bit, you cannot run it anymore, with Wine or with the Wow.app running around. Your only options are running a VM, dualbooting or having a machine dedicated to play WoW. Thank Apple.

10. Hey guys, April 7 2020. I found a way to play WOW 3.3.5 on Mac OS Catalina. (I am stuck in Quarantine, Co-VID 19 All over the Place, Bucharest Romania, old time WoW player, mostly frustrated that I could not launch WoW on Catalina! So I found a solution).
    I am using a Macbook Pro 2016 model with touch bar, 15.6".
    Works flawlessly. USING STANDARD WoW For WINDOWS Files.
    Step 1. Download CrossOver from the internet (if you don't care, you can Torrent it)
    Step 2. Install and Launch the Application CrossOver.
    Step 3. After launching the App, click on Install a Windows Application.
    Step 4. In the select an Application to Install field, search for "World of Warcraft", select and click continue.
    Step 5. DO NOT Click Install YET, go to the tab where it says "Select Installer", click on Choose Installer File, now browse your Warmane or WoW.exe file and select it.
    Step 6. In the Select Bottle Tab, you can choose Windows 7, x64 Bottle.
    Step 7. Go to Install & Finish tab, click Install.
    It will now install all the necessary fonts, files, and Visual Redistributables that WoW uses under a standard Windows OS.
    Step 8. You will be promoted to install and Accept the FONTS. Click on Yes for every prompt that appears.
    Click Yes to install Microsoft Visual C++.
    Step 9. VOILA, WoW will automatically launch.
    Step 10. Thank me.

Once you finish playing and exit the game, click on Done in the CrossOver APP.
    Next time you want to play WoW again, open up CrossOver app, look at the left pane and select the WoW Bottle you created earlier and Click on RUN COMMAND, Select WoW.exe and click Save Command As Launcher, then click Open.
    Finally, you will see the WoW Icon under the WoW Bottle tab and you can actually now drag the WoW launcher into the Dock, this way you the next time you intend to play, just run WoW from your Dock.

Enjoy,

Mike -

11. Hey guys, April 7 2020. I found a way to play WOW 3.3.5 on Mac OS Catalina. (I am stuck in Quarantine, Co-VID 19 All over the Place, Bucharest Romania, old time WoW player, mostly frustrated that I could not launch WoW on Catalina! So I found a solution).
    I am using a Macbook Pro 2016 model with touch bar, 15.6".
    Works flawlessly. USING STANDARD WoW For WINDOWS Files.
    Step 1. Download CrossOver from the internet (if you don't care, you can Torrent it)
    Step 2. Install and Launch the Application CrossOver.
    Step 3. After launching the App, click on Install a Windows Application.
    Step 4. In the select an Application to Install field, search for "World of Warcraft", select and click continue.
    Step 5. DO NOT Click Install YET, go to the tab where it says "Select Installer", click on Choose Installer File, now browse your Warmane or WoW.exe file and select it.
    Step 6. In the Select Bottle Tab, you can choose Windows 7, x64 Bottle.
    Step 7. Go to Install & Finish tab, click Install.
    It will now install all the necessary fonts, files, and Visual Redistributables that WoW uses under a standard Windows OS.
    Step 8. You will be promoted to install and Accept the FONTS. Click on Yes for every prompt that appears.
    Click Yes to install Microsoft Visual C++.
    Step 9. VOILA, WoW will automatically launch.
    Step 10. Thank me.

Once you finish playing and exit the game, click on Done in the CrossOver APP.
    Next time you want to play WoW again, open up CrossOver app, look at the left pane and select the WoW Bottle you created earlier and Click on RUN COMMAND, Select WoW.exe and click Save Command As Launcher, then click Open.
    Finally, you will see the WoW Icon under the WoW Bottle tab and you can actually now drag the WoW launcher into the Dock, this way you the next time you intend to play, just run WoW from your Dock.

Enjoy,

Mike -
    Thanks, dude!
    You have saved my quarantine!
    Virtual hugs from Moscow,

12. Hi!
    Is it really works and you can play on Warmane server?

13. well yeah, it really works, you think i'm messing with you? Try it man.

14. Glad I could help. Apparently no one has a solution to this, except me :D

15. Glad I could help. Apparently no one has a solution to this, except me :D
    How does it work with addons?

123 ... Last