1. May 9, 2020  
    Hello Iluvui,
    When I try to Choose Installer File I can't find a file with the name of WoW.exe. Please help I wanna play with my friends.

2. May 25, 2020  
    I'm up in this post. Looking for some compatibility solution. Hope we can found a fast way to launch the Mac version.

3. May 25, 2020  
    You cant play Wotlk on Catalina, theres no hope for that. Even on Mojave its kinda laggy, so best option is to downgrade to Mojave or High Siera. Also note that when you download you still need to put chmod u in terminal to make it work. But only up to Catalina.

4. Still have that problem, I want to playyy, plssss... Get the update for Catalina!

5. Still have that problem, I want to playyy, plssss... Get the update for Catalina!
    It's not going to happen.
    There's guides around how to run windows programs on mac, just follow one of those and that's that.

6. I successfully got it to work using CrossOver 19 on my 16 Inch Mac. Unfortunately I get some random freezes, I suspect it is somehow related to graphics, or memory violations.

7. OK, posting again, hope it will help someone. The issue was that I was not keeping the game files on the Window's drive C, but somewhere on my mac. Once I moved them to the window partition, things fixed themselves

8. Hi,

I made my crossover bottle and it worked great. Quit out to setup the run command and dock icon but I cant seem to locate wow.exe when browse the bottle for it. Closest i can find is WoW.Ink.

Do you know the folder path please (using windows Burning Crusade version)

Thanks in advance!
    Edited: July 22, 2020

9. Ignore above I figured it out. I moved the contents of the Warmane torrent to a new folder inside the bottles programs folder and then everything was fine!

Silly me :)

10. If anyone is still reading, just install Mojave on a USB drive and run WoW on that. Read speeds of 400MB/s is definitely good enough for WoW. You can buy one for $20 on Amazon. Or for a slightly higher cost ($75), a slick, fast external SSD that's a little larger than an e-cigarette.
    Edited: August 28, 2020

11. This is how I play on Warmane and other private servers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f9vROQJ-9c&t=27s
    You're gonna see a 10-25% performance hit using Wine to translate API calls.

12. You're gonna see a 10-25% performance hit using Wine to translate API calls.
    You'll see 100% performance hit if you can't run the game at all.
    There are better ways than wine, but, to a linux user, wine seems the simplest one.

13. When will people learn, don't buy apple crap.

14. I've been playing WoW on Linux for a long time. Nowadays it's easier than ever. You don't even need Wine.

But anyway, the topic here. Check https://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-mac/ and wine32on64 projects. It's gonna be a dead end in the future because Apple hardware will be moving to arm architecture, but for your Intel PCs you can use it.

First 12345 ... Last