1. Protret insane damage

Am i the only one who is noticing that in the last few months protrets with 1H Wep + Shield are dominating world PVP in Bg and Arenas as well. I mean really whats with that insane dmg? They used to be Wars and H palas on top of the arena ranks by far, but now most of the on top teams are protret with healers (healer wtf) and they always have top DPS even when playing against hunters, warriors, ele shamans etc just check it in the armory. I have a feeling that there is something wrong and that they are broken or found some kind of exploit idk... just it does not seem normal, thats all.

2. hey im quite new to the realm and dont know what you mean by protret .. i gues some hybrid spec or what?

3. It's not about damage, hybrid build does less damage but it's more mana efficient than pure ret or prot.

4. I'm pretty sure it's cause warmane has not fixed double dipping. So the 1h spec does too much damage while being much more resistant.
    @Coconutpower : It's a ret spec who doesn't go with crusader strike and divine storm but chose 1hand spec (10% damage when 1h) with 284 sword caster and 277 tank shield (or s8 if needed)

5. Are you talking about strength-built pvp prot or actual "protret" builds? Because the two are very different things.

6. hey im quite new to the realm and dont know what you mean by protret .. i gues some hybrid spec or what?
    Protret: Potection pally doing pvp in retribution gear, just a giant hp pool doing more sustained damage than you (since it has more deffensive cd's) that's all

7. @Masec95 : In this case I'm pretty sure that OP by protret is talking about Preg ret spec. So not protection pally at all.

8. They are obviously talking about the reckoning paladin spec come on, the one which you see everywhere in duels and which is taking over the ladders in 2s.

That spec exists since the dawn of the time and it's ridicolous that nobody ever played it until few weeks ago, when suddently all paladins reroll it lmao. There is obviously something fishy about and everybody is abusing the hell of it.

9. They are obviously talking about the reckoning paladin spec come on, the one which you see everywhere in duels and which is taking over the ladders in 2s.

That spec exists since the dawn of the time and it's ridicolous that nobody ever played it until few weeks ago, when suddently all paladins reroll it lmao. There is obviously something fishy about and everybody is abusing the hell of it.
    It's just as you said, suddenly for whatever reason they all realized the recko pala exists, old as vanilla making a comeback. I don't think there's anything wrong with the damage either, massive burst with reck and wings and massive heals due to sheath of light, improved devo aura and healing mace.

I guess it's a natural response to the stagnant 284 hpal/awarr meta. However it's not the ultimate setup, it has weaknesses but it will take a while for people to find them out.

10. Reckoning pvp spect was just a failure in wotlk. And they didn't go all the way down 1h spec but stopped with recko taking crusader strike too.
    So no, preg spec =/= reckoning.
    @Drunkuser : I already told in my other post what seems to be fishy (hint : double dipping).
    Edited: October 13, 2019

11. I play this hybrid spec in arena but with mmhunter as a partner and i can say that the spec is so OP, basically you can win any war+hpal if you play it good or any other "meta combo" with exception of Hybrid + disc which is hardcounter for us.

However what i want to ask is what is dipping? Can someone explain it here please?

12. Just call it preg spec anyways by using that spec you're becoming more of an anti against melees and less useful against casters (doesn't really matter cause that's ret for you) you never oom while using it plus the stupid amount of healing that you can do with that spec makes it broken IMO people should stick to playing the normal ret spec cause this crap is just boring.

13. I play this hybrid spec in arena but with mmhunter as a partner and i can say that the spec is so OP, basically you can win any war+hpal if you play it good or any other "meta combo" with exception of Hybrid + disc which is hardcounter for us.

However what i want to ask is what is dipping? Can someone explain it here please?
    1. To dip dipping is leaving suddenly or abruptly.

14. It's sad how weak Enh shami appears compared to reckoning paly. Less heal, less dmg, less survivability and less CC.
    Both are melee hybrids whos main role is supposed to be supporting team mates and deal a bit of dmg.
    Yet, paly feels like a one man army. It can be played as supporter and as a solo fighter. Compare that to a Enh shami...

15. It's sad how weak Enh shami appears compared to reckoning paly. Less heal, less dmg, less survivability and less CC.
    Both are melee hybrids whos main role is supposed to be supporting team mates and deal a bit of dmg.
    Yet, paly feels like a one man army. It can be played as supporter and as a solo fighter. Compare that to a Enh shami...
    try 2H+15% arpen beastcleave and tell me we're not doing any damage there. I mean ofc it's a spec that requires brain usage since you need to go full tryhard and macro your every weapon with a 1h1shield and your double frost weap 1h set, play proactively and to get the perfect timing for your totems (so perfect I've been reported/harassed for "boting" AYLMAO) but I can't say enh shaman is weak, because is not as weak as a lock or a rogue against plates.