1. [QUESTION] Starting gear for a level 80 Ret Paladin

Hi :)
    I'm confused about the gear that a PvP Ret Paladin should have; atm I'm working to buy the full Furious main set because it's the only one available at the beginning.
    Then, how about the off-set and rings/trinkets? For example, I saw the Wrathful necks but no one of those armors gives strength (afaik strength is the key stat for ret).

2. you will need the ashen verdict ring (str one, at low gear, agility one at high gear), if u can go in any raid is good, to get from toc25 (Death`s Choice) or, WFS (from Lady in icc10) Back with Resi, Neck with str, you can try fos/fos/hor hc for some gear if u are really low, but anyway u need to do some pve too to get decent gear (you can go with 2 set T10 bonus too, that proc is too good to pass it in my oppinion, gives you some really nice burst)

3. for the neck you can buy lucky wooden neckless or some toc 25 str neck your choice as for the rings buy a boe strength ring from icc and for the second one farm rep and get your bis str ring, trinkets you can get 84crit and 1000attackpower proc from emblems of heroism and for your second one (assuming you're a human) buy the darkmoon fair trinket that gives 90 passive strength and proc 300 of it the rest are wrathfull pieces or furious in your case

4. Hey buddy,
    Whether Lordaeron or Icecrown, here is the gear I go for as soon as I hit 80.

First thing I usually do is run ToC5 to get Banner of Victory trinket. (Although it got ARP, but AP proc is still good).
    On top of that, ToC5n also drops the following gear pieces:
    - Tanking plate legs (for Prot OS - will explain later why)
    - Plate chest
    - Tanking plate gloves
    - Tanking plate boots
    - Str cape
    - Black Heart - tanking trinket.

The reason why some tank gear is important, is to farm RDF HC. Tanks get almost instant queues. With tank spec & 1/3 tank gear, you can still tank 11/13 RDF HC (except for PoS HC last boss & HoR HC)
    Farm EoTs as tank and spend it all onto your DPS T9 set 4/5.
    Helm - offset 245 75 EoT
    Shoulder Set - 30 EoT
    Chest Set - 50 EoT
    Hands Set - 30 EoT
    Legs Set - 50 EoT.

Ring_1: Comes from ICC Reputation Farm.
    Ring_2: Second ring comes from EoT - 35 EoT.
    Back is touch - PoS N drops 219 back w/ Agility. Save up 50 EoF to get 264 one.
    Trinket_2: Can be 50 EoT one.

Weapon: PoS HC drops 2h Axe 232 ilvl.

Once you hit 4.2ish, try to get into ToC10 group. But usually, with Just RDFs you can reach 5k'ish.

5. Hey buddy,
    Whether Lordaeron or Icecrown, here is the gear I go for as soon as I hit 80.

First thing I usually do is run ToC5 to get Banner of Victory trinket. (Although it got ARP, but AP proc is still good).
    On top of that, ToC5n also drops the following gear pieces:
    - Tanking plate legs (for Prot OS - will explain later why)
    - Plate chest
    - Tanking plate gloves
    - Tanking plate boots
    - Str cape
    - Black Heart - tanking trinket.

The reason why some tank gear is important, is to farm RDF HC. Tanks get almost instant queues. With tank spec & 1/3 tank gear, you can still tank 11/13 RDF HC (except for PoS HC last boss & HoR HC)
    Farm EoTs as tank and spend it all onto your DPS T9 set 4/5.
    Helm - offset 245 75 EoT
    Shoulder Set - 30 EoT
    Chest Set - 50 EoT
    Hands Set - 30 EoT
    Legs Set - 50 EoT.

Ring_1: Comes from ICC Reputation Farm.
    Ring_2: Second ring comes from EoT - 35 EoT.
    Back is touch - PoS N drops 219 back w/ Agility. Save up 50 EoF to get 264 one.
    Trinket_2: Can be 50 EoT one.

Weapon: PoS HC drops 2h Axe 232 ilvl.

Once you hit 4.2ish, try to get into ToC10 group. But usually, with Just RDFs you can reach 5k'ish.
    You missed the part about "PVP" not pve :/.