1. Mercenary mode causes pvp imbalance

Playing as alliance without mercenary mode is becoming very difficult, 80% of BGs are fullfilled with pm from both horde guilds and alliance guilds playing on horde side. Also a lot of bis alliance people joining solo will still be there in the horde side, meanwhile Mercenary mode is not active for hordies so this can't happen the other way around.

Results?

Horde dominates BGs most of the time with all kind of mixed pm playing together against the remaining alliances.

A lot of people doesn't want to activate mercenary mode and changing into races they didn't choose to begin with, imho it should either be disabled (do we really need this?) or at least improved, add it for the horde too, or something else just take into consideration that there is a problem.

2. What would be the point of adding it to both sides? It was done to mainly reduce alliance queue time and get instant pops on both sides. Either suck it up and play as another race or don't and wait longer.

3. Merc mode was made to reduce the bg wait time for Alliance not to bring any sort of balance. The q is instant now but unless you have the merc mode on, you'll get paired with blackrock and lose 100%.

4. I don't see the issue since you're always welcome to enable it and get into those OP horde side premades, right?
    And if people don't like waiting they have the option of going into the fast lane and not care THAT much about the race they appear to be for a second.

It can also be enabled on the horde side, but you're far more likely to get in a bg as horde since there's a lack of players compared to alliance.

5. I see people like you with these made up statistics on bg chat all the time. How and when did you come up with these statistics? I have 2 alliance mains on different accounts, 1 with merc and 1 without and I can get a win on either side pretty often. I rarely get losing streaks.

In my opinion, either turn it on or dedicate to pve.

6. lol I haven't read anything so stupid in a while

7. Mercenary mode should be removed. Now alliance is facing not only horde premade but also alliance. Currently it is impossible to win Alterac Valley.

And what are you talking about que times? Alliance never complained it is Horde whose wishes were heared. We have 3 guild premades against us now in bg and instead we are getting blackrock people who dont give a f.....

This is really stupid. I just came from 3 years pause from the game, but seems like I will go on another.

This should be nerfed asap. Ether disable MM or limit it to 3 bgs daily. So one player can do mm mode 3 times and thats it.

8. Mercenary mode should be removed. Now alliance is facing not only horde premade but also alliance. Currently it is impossible to win Alterac Valley.

And what are you talking about que times? Alliance never complained it is Horde whose wishes were heared. We have 3 guild premades against us now in bg and instead we are getting blackrock people who dont give a f.....

This is really stupid. I just came from 3 years pause from the game, but seems like I will go on another.

This should be nerfed asap. Ether disable MM or limit it to 3 bgs daily. So one player can do mm mode 3 times and thats it.
    Mercenary mode is the best thing ever happened. I enjoy playing mercenary mode, it is fun and interesting. I don't think MM should be limited by any means. Warmane has done a great job, it reduces the queue time and players get the opportunity to play with the opposite faction as well.

9. Mercenary mode is the best thing ever happened. I enjoy playing mercenary mode, it is fun and interesting. I don't think MM should be limited by any means. Warmane has done a great job, it reduces the queue time and players get the opportunity to play with the opposite faction as well.
    Noone cares what you enjoy. This is about majority of the people. If it is interesting for you to play as Horde then do a Faction Change.

10. stepkid change faction if you are horde lover,there is a lot of people who hate horde scrub soo change it and fight for evil side!

11. Noone cares what you enjoy. This is about majority of the people. If it is interesting for you to play as Horde then do a Faction Change.
    They do care that's why mercenary mode exists. Unfortunately, minority of the people like you doesn't want MM that's why it still exists. I don't want to do faction change, I like human racial abilities with extra trinket changed to undead in bgs. That way I'm undead with extra trinket and human racial abilities.

12. stepkid change faction if you are horde lover,there is a lot of people who hate horde scrub soo change it and fight for evil side!
    I can fight for horde without doing faction change that's why mercenary mode exsist, so thanks to that.

13. They do care that's why mercenary mode exists. Unfortunately, minority of the people like you doesn't want MM that's why it still exists. I don't want to do faction change, I like human racial abilities with extra trinket changed to undead in bgs. That way I'm undead with extra trinket and human racial abilities.
    You are just pathetic.

14. Mercenary mode ruins the PVP

With all respect to Pretorean and his effort to do a good job for the community, having the best intention, we must say that Mercenary Mode is bad for this Server and clearly favours Horde side. Until now Alliance was matching Horde premades in BGs but with mercenary mode it is now bunch of random people versus both Horde and Alliance premades, since only PVP guilds are doing the mercenary mode systematicaly as well as geared people soloing.

Low gs players that are farming honor to gear up are not doing the MM, infact, only full geared players are now using it and playing for Horde in BGs. Yesterday I played 12 Alterac Valley and won only 1. Because that is the battleground you will encounter a premades mutch often because of 40man raid.
    And instead of those players on Alliance side, they got replaced by random Blackrock relentles players that are testing classes, afk-ing and so.

That being said, I find this feature favouring horde + full geared alliance that are abusing this feature in order to farm more HKs, low gs people get nothing out of it.

Mercenary mode should be removed or limited to certen amount of times per day you can do MM. (like 3 times daily per account). Otherwise people will stop playing.

123 ... Last