1. Isn't it ironic that congress would write this and consider it a free-speech issue, but when someone gets banned for being a conservative, or gets their donations revoked by a bank because of their political beliefs, THAT'S NOT stifling free-speech/freedom of expression?

hypocrites.

2. Isn't it ironic that congress would write this and consider it a free-speech issue, but when someone gets banned for being a conservative, or gets their donations revoked by a bank because of their political beliefs, THAT'S NOT stifling free-speech/freedom of expression?

hypocrites.
    Because there are many interests at stake when it comes to China but a regular taxpayer is disposable and irrelevant. It's very easy to hit the emotional side of a situation to attempt to push a political agenda that benefits them. In this case china is the number one enemy of the US when it comes to trade wars so any weapon available to win the trade/media war counts. The US doesn't care about Hong Kong protests, interests or people at all but their own, and now it's profitable to support HK in order to criminalize china, just as they jump boats when is convenient like with the kurds or whatever other situation…

HK had plenty of time to modify their status of a colony and they did nothing but enjoy the last days of British rule expecting that a country like china would respect pacts and words, naive from them. There is no dialogue not a posible consensus with a fascist country like china, the masquerade of a post communist nation shouldn't deceive anyone anymore desu.

3. How about the fact that the letter was only signed by 5 people? I'm pretty sure they don't represent the whole of Congress.

4. My thoughts on this is in the minority:

Blizzard did the right thing banning Blitzchung.

As J.Brack said: Blizzard would have banned the player for having the opposite opinion. If they went on the show and said: "We support China. The protestors of Hong Kong are ruining China." That person would have been banned equally - irrespective if they were supporting China or not.

Not as many people would have complained because they would pass it off as "deserved" - but I think it's important to remain unbiased - regardless of what you think is right or wrong, it is important to ban politics regardless whether you agree or disagree with the situation.

It all comes down to politics. People believe Blizzard banned the player for his opinion - not true. Blizzard banned Blitzchung because politics was involved - not because of his view of Hong Kong and China.

Ultimately, I think there is this notion that Blizzard are censoring based on 'opinion' when that is not true; they are banning based on their appropriateness in a tournament - and that clearly breached the rules set out by Blizzard through mentioning politics. Therefore, Blizzard's ban was justified on Blitzchung because even if Blitzchung supported China, he still would have been banned - and that is a company remaining impartial. You cannot make exceptions because "that opinion is right" to have - that is wrong

It is wrong to ban a player supporting China, but allow a player supporting Hong Kong to remain ban-free. That cannot happen. If that happened, I would be outraged at the fact Blizzard wouldn't ban all politics - regardless of opinion. Any time your opinion decides on whether you should be banned - is wrong and should not be a factor. I believe that Blizzard would have banned the opposite viewpoint, so nothing Blizzard has done is controversial.
    Edited: October 30, 2019

5. I believe that Blizzard would have banned the opposite viewpoint, so nothing Blizzard has done is controversial.
    I suppose that you missed that Blizzard didn't ban an American team who did the exact same thing until they were pressured into doing so by the community backlash.

6. I suppose that you missed that Blizzard didn't ban an American team who did the exact same thing until they were pressured into doing so by the community backlash.
    I was just about to say that, or how about all the people on twitch who talked smack about trump? damn I can feel a banhammer comming down.

7. Or missed that Blizzard could have given a much, much more lenient punishment, but choose to go overboard.

Or missed the official post made by Blizzard for China, which had a much, much more boot-licking tone to it.

8. Another PR nightmare from Blizzard

So basically WoW is holding another WoW arena Championship and MDI

they're selling in-game toys to fund the event

on the promotional material it was written and I quote:

“For a limited time, every purchase of the Transmorpher Beacon or Lion’s Pride and Horde’s Might Fireworks, 25% of the proceeds will contribute toward the year’s finals LAN event prize pool for the Arena World Championship (AWC) and the Mythic Dungeon International (MDI) with a guaranteed minimum prize pool of $500,000 USD ($250,000 USD for each event.) Your support will help take the WoW esports prize pool to the next level.”

The total prize pool sumed up to $660k and it was later leaked that the $660k+ was all from the toy sales, the $500k was never added in together with the prize pool which should've raised the prizepool to $1.16 million

Blizzard stated that they stated that they will guarantee that the prizepool will be $500k should the toy sales didnt meet and if the toy sales do meet, then blizzard doesnt need to chip in

Which is UTTER CRAP, they deliberately made the terms ambiguous! people assumed the 25% proceeds from the toys will be added on top of the guaranteed $500k since they have always done so in the past

Blizzard is the worst company and people should switch to private servers so their profit margins go down

9. All of this hubbub about Blizzard banning this guy, blizzard really needs to ban themselves for how far they have fallen.

First 12