1. Need some gear guidance.

Hello everyone, I need some enlightenment on my gearing. So this is my armory link: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

I got this arcane mage that I slowly want to turn into ttw fire (fireball) spec. The problem is that as arcane I always perform better than I do with fire and I believe that I should not change just yet. With the current gear, gems and etc I got 42% crit chance self buffed, I believe it's just not enough to change and I've been unlucky with t10 marks and icc25nm loots on rolls. All I can do is coin out two items (I've been thinking of LK hc sword and phylactery hc). If I lay hands on 2 BiS items ( the ones I mentioned or any other you might want to suggest) shall I respec and re-gem to TTW fire spec, what's your thoughts?

Thanks for reading this!

2. Hi man,

You can clearly swap for fire spec with this gear which are really decent. You got the 2 and 4 T10 items bonus + great trinkets (sundial and flare are completly op trinkets on a fire spec) Concerning the gemming if I can give you an advice change yours 12SP 10haste for 12 SP 10 cc

In terms of gear inprovements, try to get the Robe of the waking nightmare and than swap your belt and ring (Firestorm ring) for SP hast crit items in order to balance the hit you get from the robe. Basically you goal is to get ASAP you 4 hit items (Waking nightmare robe Hc, Glove Hc (set) Legs Hc (set) and ashen band of endless destruction. In order to reduice the number of items you have which are stacking hit rate. The key point of this is going in RS and get the ring.

But overall, as I said before you gear is clearly decent to play fire, and clearly fire oriented (because you have lot of spirit crit items and overall the Lady's bracers with hit crit stats.
    If you are under performing on fire it should mostly due to you gameplay. Try to anticipating better you encounter and move smoothly une your gcd in order to get the full potential of the fire spec :)

I hope it will help

do not hesitate if you have any other interrogation

See you

Tiny

3. Hello there, thanks for replying!
    So let me give you some actual numbers of using both specs so you can get a better understanding of what I mean when I 'm saying I perform better as arcane.
    All tests were made on hc training dummy and I did dps with both specs for as long as Mirror Image (MI) was on.

Arcane spec: 8.3k dps, opening rotation was 2 AB > Icy Veins + Arcane Power + Mirror Image,then I did use POM(when I could) at 4th AB to crit with AM and get instant 1st AB.

TTW FB Fire spec: 6.3k dps, opening rotation was Scorch LB FB MI FB, did 2 extra FBs got HS proc, Combustion > Pyro > the usual fire rotation.

I believe 2k dps is a huge difference and I'm not sure what I 'm doing wrong as fire, for the most part I 've been following your guide to improve my gameplay. Also my hit rating is sitting at 17.57% from gear so I believe that I even underperform as arcane because of gear :/

PS: I know about the gems being haste oriented, it's because I raid as arcane and I 'll switch to sp+crit ones when I start raiding as fire.
    PS2: re-check my armory I have equipped some different gear pieces that I use on my arcane spec.
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary
    PS3: If I coin out 2 items shall I get LK hc weap and phylactery hc or maybe you got a better suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
    Ax
    Edited: October 17, 2019

4. Hello,
    You can switch.
    The items you should buy are CTS from RS25hc + LK25hc Weapon. No arguments there. Hardest to obtain should be your priority.
    I know you want to buy Phylactery for crit but 1} you can always get Muradin's Spyglass from Gunship10hc. Even alt runs go that far. 2} You already have a badass crit trinket.
    Also, you should change all of your red socket Reckless Ametrines to Potent Ametrines. And throw in Pure 20 crit gems in yellow slots.
    Don't forget the extra crit you get in raids from Moonkin Aura, Elemental Oath, Focus Magic buff, and Proc.

But in the end, do you really think it is worth changing all this?
    If I were in the same situation I would rather stick to playing arcane till I get some more items with critical rating on them.
    E.g. Your Mainhand, Wand, 2nd Ring, Gloves.

P.S. if you are the kind of guy who likes to inch out every ounce of DPS then you should also consider replacing Herbalism&Alchemy with professions that can actually increase your DPS. Because the alchemy flask of the north doesn't stack with Frostwyrm flask.
    On the other hand, if you are a laid back player that prefers to enjoy rather than climb DPS charts then you can keep your professions and switch to fire without worrying about losing DPS. Because this server is all about the gearscore. ��
    Edited: October 18, 2019 Reason: spellings.

5. I would go for cts+lk25hc weapon too.

If you want to play fire then you 100% could go for it gearwise.

Dummy dps may be lower but deepfire always shines more in raids with more crit buffs etc(the scaling is much better)

Get rid of the sp+haste sockets and fill your mage up with the sweet sp and sp+crit ones and have fun playing the best mage spec

6. Hi

Why your dps on Dummie is better as arcane : Moreover fire spec being more crit debuff reliant (as said in the comments above) your dummie is not attacks speed debuffed so you don t benefit about your TTW talent when you are doing your rotation on the dummie

Conserning the item, ly advice is to go for LK hc weapon and halion Bracers, Bracers are as much hard to get then CTS and they are a key item in order to get your final Hit cap optimisation, meanwhile your current Trinket are really good. Gettong CTS will made your crit drop before a better gear you will get more benefit staying with 2 crit oriented trinkets

I hope it will help you

See u

Tiny

7. Hello,
    If I were in the same situation I would rather stick to playing arcane till I get some more items with critical rating on them.
    E.g. Your Mainhand, Wand, 2nd Ring, Gloves.
    Hey I do have extra pieces for those slots (except the mainhand), t10 gloves, boe icc25 wand and firestorm ring

Also I'd like to thank everyone for your advice, guess I'll change and raid some as ttw fb fire spec to see for myself the numbers I pull into icc. All in all I just don't want to be a burden on my raid group.