1. Shadowmourne doesn't make you good at pvp. I killed an Icecrown SM paladin with my half relentless set and i245 weapons warlock on bg, and I know full well that if I fought any SM pala who actually knew how to play his class I wouldn't have stood a chance.
    On the other hand, when 5 SM players with full WF rush you, skills don't play a big factor here. Even with auto attack u will die faster than you can actually use any tactic.
    Yea, if 5 BiS people rush anyone they're not going to last long. Usually just one or two shadowmornes to deal with at anytime, and to that I say, make a hunter and get heroic ICC gear, then ruin that SM player. His SM doesn't help his defence. Just don't let him get close to you, Shadowmorne is not game breaking, you can still get beat if you have one, you're not invincible. And I'm sure that really good Lord hunter likes fighting icecrown people. Imagine the pride you would have if you beat people who buy their gear with gear you earned just by playing the game. I mean, I'm just a rogue and even I can stun lock an SM player to hell. SM is not what is beating you in battlegrounds, you're getting beat by people who have more experience than you, they would probably beat you if everyone had even gear too. People have been playing WOTLK for years, they are ultimate masters at it by now.

2. OP, tlordaeron is the exception of the rule for warmane, all of the other realms had/have shop.

warmane was labelled as p2w server for a reason, even when lord didn't have cross realm pvp.

in the past made sense to recommend lordaeron tho. I guess new players don't know about the feature or understimate maths.

i warn you in advance, don't expect a no shop mindset here.

3. All I'm seeing here is a no-win situation.

4. All I'm seeing here is a no-win situation.
    Honestly, I think that everyone that has participated in the conversation here expected something a bit more elaborated from a staff member... At least, could you explain who doesn't win if cross-realm is disabled for Lordaeron but not mercenary mode? Then we can all discus it, since that's the objective of the forums.

5. Honestly, I think that everyone that has participated in the conversation here expected something a bit more elaborated from a staff member... At least, could you explain who doesn't win if cross-realm is disabled for Lordaeron but not mercenary mode? Then we can all discus it, since that's the objective of the forums.
    Not everyone, I pretty much understood what Mercy said, so no need for any elaboration. Once again, it's a no-win situation. Lordaeron is no exception compared to Icecrown and Blackrock, therefore both cross-realm and mercenary mode which are doing pretty good at the moment should be kept as is without any change.

6. well, let's gonna draw the situation one more time:

in wotlk best gear is a mix beetween hardcore raids and rated pvp (only arena in this case).
    legendaries and trinkets from pve works equal in pvp.
    even the ilvl of pve gear is higher 284-277 vs 270-264

offense scales better than defense, so a 5.5kgs dps can be like 4k-7k and 6.5kgs is about >10k

so you use pvp gear for get certain ammount of resilence that DOESN'T require use all your 16 slots of gear, because again offense scales better than defense.

conclusion: you NEED to raid for best gear.

lordaeron has buffed raids.
    lordaeron hasn't 30% buff.

so, believe or not people care about wotlk pvp, and outside of the "i kill prideful players with my grievous in bg" flighty player, people wanna the better gear, so you are better playing on icecrown or in other words: you are naive joining lordaeron if wanna play wotlk pvp with any competitive mindset.

lordaeron pvp activity wasn't high.
    cross realm pvp discourage any new player to join lordaeron for pvp and low geared players because they're losing their time in lordaeron.

Basically, outside of the queue in icecrown there is literally 0 reason to join lordaeron for pvp.
    Again, none gonna suggest lordaeron to potential pvp players because is a scam in that area.

Conclusion, cross realm doesn't improve pvp population on lord because that system encorauge to avoid lordaeron in the first place. All that without even mention the shopxD

7. ... expected something a bit more elaborated from a staff member....
    There have been several topics regarding crossrealm system with possible fixes from the playerbase. Still no attention from the staff.

No, I was not saying that Lordaeron's population increased only because of cross-realm.
    I was saying that there is a possibility that it has helped, and undoing it has the potential to cause problems.
    This response is pretty self-explanatory. They have no idea what they are doing, pretty amusing if you ask me.

8. There have been several topics regarding crossrealm system with possible fixes from the playerbase. Still no attention from the staff.
    Attention is only given when it is needed. The staffs are doing the right thing by not paying attention to this, so please stop blaming them because they have better things to take care off.
    Edited: October 27, 2019

9. Attention is only given when it is needed. The staffs are doing the right thing by not paying attention to this, so please stop blaming them because they have better things to take care off.
    We are still waiting for some response of the staff, not you jutifying their poor explanations.
    Edited: October 27, 2019

10. Honestly, I think that everyone that has participated in the conversation here expected something a bit more elaborated from a staff member... At least, could you explain who doesn't win if cross-realm is disabled for Lordaeron but not mercenary mode? Then we can all discus it, since that's the objective of the forums.
    You mean like how I'm not allowed to comment on something without being required to provide a long and elaborate post that goes specifically point by point about everything covered in the entire discussion (including on other threads) without people picking at me because I didn't address their specific pet-complaint?

I felt my post was self-explanatory. Your response is a case-in-point, as well.

The staff cannot win.
    Ever.
    We do soemthing to help out X group and Y group gets pissed. We roll back the change or make compromises to make group Y happy and group Z gets pissed.

Just like how Blizzard tries to please everyone and ends up pleasing nobody in the process.

I could not have put it more simply. Until you explain a scenario where either the staff or everyone wins, then your arguments about how you want to win serve no purpose but to make things more difficult for everyone else, the staff included.
    That may seem harsh, but let's be realistic about it. Who here is taking more than just their own perspective into account? And whose perspectives are they accounting for? Some of their fellow players? Why not all of them? Why not the staff?
    We could undo X and Y systems, sure, and that may make YOU happy. And what about the people who benefit from it? What of the staff's hard work and reputation - "Yeah, they removed the system because their ideas suck."

So, I'll put what I said in another way that is more complex but perhaps more easily understood;
    I see a lot of people complaining, but I see very few, if any, solutions being presented that address more than just an individual's personal desires. We cannot operate in an environment that we make changes just because someone complains.

We are still waiting for some response of the staff, not you jutifying their poor explanations.
    This sort of post right here is very indicative of the complainer's attitudes here, and yet you wonder why the staff doesn't want to post. He has just as much right to comment his thoughts as anyone else.

First 12