1. Lordaeron should avoid any pay-to-win mechanics that come from other realms

I've been playing on Icecrown for about 1-2 months, but the amount of people who donate and buy stuff that they never worked for in-game is too high and demotivates me to keep grinding.

I have nothing against people who donate for gear and all that stuff since thanks to them this server keeps running. However, for me, one of the reasons one should play WoW is to feel they have accomplished something, feel proud for something they worked for for a long time, but when everyone around you can have every item you have and more, without any effort whatsoever, it completely kills my desire to keep working on my gear.

Fortunately, it seems like Lordaeron does not have any of these pay-to-win mechanics (I see these as mechanics to kill a very important part of the MMO experience). However, I read that this realm interacts with both Icecrown and Blackrock when for example queuing for BGs and arenas, which is the stuff I care the most when playing WoW since I'm mostly a PVP player.

So my question is, will this realm ever be independent from both Icecrown and Blackrock in the future, in a way so that players from those realms do not interact in any way with the players from Lordaeron, the ones who actually earnt all they have through effort and work.

Thank you for reading,

Atenas.

2. Hi,

I am mostly playing loraderon, i have a love and hate relationship with WoW i play for 6-8 months and quit for 1-3 months and so XD i was part of Lord when we were not merge with Icecrown and Blackrock for BGs and Arenas and to be honest queue times were huge ... cause most of players here in Lord are PVE Players. i dont think this merge is going to be removed any time ... howerver you can enjoy an amazing time there .... OR .... just twink at 79 where BG's are the most balanced and funny, this is what i am planing to do.

3. ''thanks to them this server keeps running'' looks like u never play on servers where u can buy cosmetic items only.And those servers still run...

''just twink at 79 where BG's are the most balanced and funny'' ye that 1 option atleast under lvl 80 gears dosnt matter so much like on lvl 80

4. I've been playing on Icecrown for about 1-2 months, but the amount of people who donate and buy stuff that they never worked for in-game is too high and demotivates me to keep grinding.

I have nothing against people who donate for gear and all that stuff since thanks to them this server keeps running. However, for me, one of the reasons one should play WoW is to feel they have accomplished something, feel proud for something they worked for for a long time, but when everyone around you can have every item you have and more, without any effort whatsoever, it completely kills my desire to keep working on my gear.

Fortunately, it seems like Lordaeron does not have any of these pay-to-win mechanics (I see these as mechanics to kill a very important part of the MMO experience). However, I read that this realm interacts with both Icecrown and Blackrock when for example queuing for BGs and arenas, which is the stuff I care the most when playing WoW since I'm mostly a PVP player.

So my question is, will this realm ever be independent from both Icecrown and Blackrock in the future, in a way so that players from those realms do not interact in any way with the players from Lordaeron, the ones who actually earnt all they have through effort and work.

Thank you for reading,

Atenas.
    If changing Lord back to the way it used to be PvP-wise didn't happen up until now I doubt it will happen in the future. Countless people from Lord complained about cross-realm but the staff have their views set and ignore us. TBH before cross-realm the que took about 10 minutes at noon and that wasn't so bad IMO. Staff clearly disagrees. Lords PvP scene got obliterated (in a way that I see 4 people from Lord in a 40 man AV now and if i'm lucky 1 other person in any other BG) with introduction of cross-realm and from what I've seen only people that que BGs are mostly just the ones queing for first win of the day. My point being - sorry but you're ****ed if you prefer PvP.

5. Yep, since the implementation of cross-realm I've never touched PvP again. Mercenary mode would have helped on its own, but cross-realm, as Thorbjorn says, obliterated the PvP scene in Lordaeron.

6. But now that Lord got some population boost (9k ppl on sunday assuming the numbers are correct) maybe there's a possibility to exclude us from xrealm? We can keep the merc mode.

7. Lordaeron always had around 9k population as far as I remember, even before cross-realm.

I don't mind waiting in the que for a fair and balanced bg with other lordaeron players and I would gladly return back to the previous situation, without the cross-realm, like the vast majority of Lordaeron players.

But the problem here is that Warmane Staff doesn't care about players opinion, they don't even read the forums, the complains, the suggestions, never reply, they just go on with their "ideas" without asking anyone, doesn't matter if the 90% of the playerbase is against it.

8. I don't mind waiting in the que for a fair and balanced bg with other lordaeron players and I would gladly return back to the previous situation, without the cross-realm, like the vast majority of Lordaeron players.
    This.
    Mercenary mode would have helped on its own
    And this.

That's legit everything Warmane staff needs to read on the subject.

9. This.

And this.

That's legit everything Warmane staff needs to read on the subject.
    I would've voted your post if we had that.
    It's like they forgot the first idea of what Lordaeron was. The only thing left is the increased numbers in raids.

10. https://imgur.com/a/Ja8q1i4

https://imgur.com/a/5lNBXOv

Contrary to what some people think, the crossrealm system is not fueled by Lordaeron players.

Did 5 bgs on the day these screenshots were taken, the highest record of Lordaeron players on BOTH teams was 4, which was AV.

-- How to fix it? --
    Either make it optional like Mercenary mode or simply remove it.

11. https://imgur.com/a/Ja8q1i4

https://imgur.com/a/5lNBXOv

Contrary to what some people think, the crossrealm system is not fueled by Lordaeron players.

Did 5 bgs on the day these screenshots were taken, the highest record of Lordaeron players on BOTH teams was 4, which was AV.

-- How to fix it? --
    Either make it optional like Mercenary mode or simply remove it.
    You do realize that there are multiple bgs running simultaneously, right? Basically there are bgs like wsg, ab, eots, av, sota, and ioc which run simultaneously at the same time with multiple different bg numbers. If you take Lordaeron players population from all of them, you will realize that there are plenty of them doing bgs. With that being said, there's no need for any fix.

12. There is a 0 sense for the Lordaeron player to join PVP at this point.

13. Lordaeron always had around 9k population as far as I remember, even before cross-realm.

I don't mind waiting in the que for a fair and balanced bg with other lordaeron players and I would gladly return back to the previous situation, without the cross-realm, like the vast majority of Lordaeron players.

But the problem here is that Warmane Staff doesn't care about players opinion, they don't even read the forums, the complains, the suggestions, never reply, they just go on with their "ideas" without asking anyone, doesn't matter if the 90% of the playerbase is against it.
    They are known for their bad ideas too that they stick no matter what and then duddenly they revert them back.

That was for example giving the ICC normal items for points.

14. I just saw a hunter from Lordaeron with more HKs and more damage than everyone in the battleground, so it is possible to "git gud" there. He even killed a dude with Shadowmorne, I saw it with my own eyes.

15. I just saw a hunter from Lordaeron with more HKs and more damage than everyone in the battleground, so it is possible to "git gud" there. He even killed a dude with Shadowmorne, I saw it with my own eyes.
    Shadowmourne doesn't make you good at pvp. I killed an Icecrown SM paladin with my half relentless set and i245 weapons warlock on bg, and I know full well that if I fought any SM pala who actually knew how to play his class I wouldn't have stood a chance.
    On the other hand, when 5 SM players with full WF rush you, skills don't play a big factor here. Even with auto attack u will die faster than you can actually use any tactic.

12 Last