1. rolling on healing gear when you're the only caster in a group of plate wearers

So. as a paladin healer you can imagine there are a number of gear options available to you.

In a dungeon (pos/fos) my party consisted of a druid tank. 3 dk dps, and me a holy paladin.

During this raid a cloth feet item dropped. It was better then my green boots so I needed on it.

I was just banned for ninja looting. Is this ninja looting? I needed the item as it was better so i rolled need.

2. Important to state: I was not a master looter. I was using the ingame rules of need before greed. So its impossible to actually ninja loot using the games rules. If the game has rules in place how are following them a bannable offence? I wanna point out that in the same dungeon a tank druid rolled need on a caster staff.

3. surprised someone cared enough to report you. i've gotten cloth/leather spell gear on my healer sham/pal in both dungeons and raids

how else would warriors get all that nice leather arpen gear?

4. IF cloth feet had healing stats, spirit, and such things, then I don't understand why you have been banned. But if those feet were much better for damage like having hit rating, or tons of spirit for boomkin ( if he was there) then yes its bannable.