1. Blood Tank - Having trouble tanking trash packs (taking too much damage)

I recently switched from playing Prot Paladin to Blood DK.
    Other than suffering from low AoE threat, I'm getting destroyed by trash packs.

After noticing how much damage I'm taking from trash packs, I did some testings in ICC 25 normal.
    Tested on x4 Ancient Skeletal Soldiers and 2 Spiders.
    Both my Paladin and Dk are equally geared (full ToC gear BiS, 5790gs)

With Prot Paladin I can tank all 6 mobs with ZERO heals. Using JoL and SoL are enough to stay alive forever.
    Not just alive, but full health/mana alive.

With Blood Dk I can barely tank the 4 Skeletal Soldiers, using all runes for healing (so threat is so low).
    And it wasn't real tanking since I'm always at 30% health.

So I'm wondering is this normal for DK tank or I'm doing something wrong ?
    Tanking Bosses was cake (actually better than Paladin), but the trash between bosses, or the spawns from some fights are giving me and my healers a hard time.

Opinions and suggestions are much appreciated.

2. I recently switched from playing Prot Paladin to Blood DK.
    Other than suffering from low AoE threat, I'm getting destroyed by trash packs.

After noticing how much damage I'm taking from trash packs, I did some testings in ICC 25 normal.
    Tested on x4 Ancient Skeletal Soldiers and 2 Spiders.
    Both my Paladin and Dk are equally geared (full ToC gear BiS, 5790gs)

With Prot Paladin I can tank all 6 mobs with ZERO heals. Using JoL and SoL are enough to stay alive forever.
    Not just alive, but full health/mana alive.

With Blood Dk I can barely tank the 4 Skeletal Soldiers, using all runes for healing (so threat is so low).
    And it wasn't real tanking since I'm always at 30% health.

So I'm wondering is this normal for DK tank or I'm doing something wrong ?
    Tanking Bosses was cake (actually better than Paladin), but the trash between bosses, or the spawns from some fights are giving me and my healers a hard time.

Opinions and suggestions are much appreciated.
    Thats what block and holy shield does. Block value is flat -> it reduces big portion of weak attacks (trash) and small portion of big hits (boss).

3. DK has short CDs you can rotate, especially when you have t10 4 parts. So you tough it out for 45secs, rune tap and t10 bonus when necessary alingside death strikes, 15 secs Vampiric godmode, repeat. Also you can kite with chains for a moment to waits some CD. It is different for sure.
    Edited: October 26, 2019

4. Yes, it is normal for DK. Paladin takes much less damage from trash packs due to how strong block (with holy shield and redoubt procs) is against multiple, smaller hitting trash packs. Block libram and titanium plating on shield go a long way too in these situations. Not to mention you have sacred shield which can flat out absorb some small hits. DK does have some advantages tho in death grip, anti-magic shell, better kiting with chains, interrupts and more effective self heals (over paladin's trickle heals from JoL and seal of light), so you should be able to solo tank trash packs with a bit more focus on kiting, self-healing and cd management. Keep in mind that it's a bit more trickier with more caster mobs on a paladin bc your only real outs are line of sight, avenger's shield, stun (and belf racial).

5. Not sure what the rest of them said but there's a few things to address

1). Dk's are main tanks and tank bosses, they suck at tanking trash (it's trash anyone can tank it with heals) and on lordaeron it doesn't matter for trash. Dk's get reduced damage at 35% hp. They also have insanely good single target threat.
    2). Prot paladin has amazing block/damage reduction/can tank weak mobs infinitely, dk's actually take damage.
    3). Don't worry about trash mobs. Also stop focusing on gearscore and focus on gear optimization.