1. does your dps meter aggree with other players'?

hi, besides any differences caused by different user settings (for example including pet dmg or not) is there something else i have to do in order to get "more correct" results on dps meters?
    my results are quite different from others and this is a problem because i need to follow up on my damage results and be able to compare to others in order to evaluate my rotation but this is not possible if the results im seeing are incorrect
    have you ever encountered this problem?
    when you are in a tank and spank fight and someone posts their meters, do you find it exactly the same with your meter?
    thank you

2. Nah my meters are also a bit different from everyone else but not by much. It's always like ~10 DPS difference in a 5 minute boss fight. It's irrelevant if you ask me.

3. the reason im asking is because in my last raid the difference was substantial, around 2k dps, so the other guys meter would show 10-12k dps for the top 10 people while mine would show around 8-10k but also their order would be very different
    it was Ruby Sanctum so i thought it could be inability to track whats going on on the other realm but 2-3 guys were on the same realm with me so that only leaves a few seconds difference between them and me entering/exiting the portals but that shouldnt cause 2k dps difference

4. The difference might be because of using two different damage meter addons. On Warmane, most people are using either Recount or Skada and both track your damage done a bit differently.

Recount starts recording all damage when an encounter starts (as far as I know), while Skada starts recording once you yourself start attacking and dealing damage to something. When someone is posting damage (which is btw really bad to do, except if you are pointing out something specific), read the top line and it will usually tell you which addon recorded it and then compare it to your meters.

5. yeah i dont expect Skada and Recount to report the same, im using Recount and the other guy who posted his results (possible reason was exactly because there was such a big difference) was using Recount as well
    keep an eye on your next raids if you will and tell me if you recount agrees with other people's