1. question about scammers / gm impersonate

hey guys, just a little curious..

when GM's ban people that scam / impersonate a GM
    are they banning the throw away account the scammers use?
    or are they following the gold trail and actually banning the account where the gold is really being sent to?

2. considering the amount of people on the server, they probably only ban the account, or they ban actually the IP. Either way, a scammer would use an IP mask before doing something like this, so the throw away account gets banned. (unless they're actually really dumb and use their main account to scam)

3. man, if its by account thats kinda weak. should just follow the gold trail. oh well, anyways ty

4. man, if its by account thats kinda weak. should just follow the gold trail. oh well, anyways ty
    Easier said than done.
    Maybe it's a throwaway, maybe you'll ban his 8 innocent friends who had nothing to do with it. Gold can be spent in other ways also so you could ban even more innocent players.

5. blizzard can do it, why can't warmane? i mean, obviously they know what they are doing if they can keep up a server and code everything.

and if you hang around terrible people, and they get you in trouble..
    who's fault is that? maybe you should keep better friends, lol.

6. blizzard can do it, why can't warmane? i mean, obviously they know what they are doing if they can keep up a server and code everything.

Blizzard can do it? If so, why there tons of gold sellers on global?

7. blizzard can do it, why can't warmane? i mean, obviously they know what they are doing if they can keep up a server and code everything.

warmane doesn't keep item logs, i very much doubt they keep gold logs.

8. Wrong. Blizzard can't do it.
    actually, yes, they can.
    i had a friend who was pretending to be a girl, got some guy to give him his account info, sold all his stuff and mailed the gold to his character.
    they traced it back to his account and my friend got banned, so yeah..

9. actually, yes, they can.
    i had a friend who was pretending to be a girl, got some guy to give him his account info, sold all his stuff and mailed the gold to his character.
    they traced it back to his account and my friend got banned, so yeah..
    Imagine calling this scumbag 'friend'. Oh wait, he didn't do it to you, which makes it totally fine, right?...Holy crap..

10. hey guys, just a little curious..

when GM's ban people that scam / impersonate a GM
    are they banning the throw away account the scammers use?
    or are they following the gold trail and actually banning the account where the gold is really being sent to?
    Every account involved and their mothers get banned.