1. Then you have your tried and tested solution, there should be no issue whatsoever.
    Is the purpose of the thread just complaining that there are people who think differently, when you are in no way forced to join them?

2. Then you have your tried and tested solution, there should be no issue whatsoever.
    Is the purpose of the thread just complaining that there are people who think differently, when you are in no way forced to join them?
    The purpose of this post was to find out what's the attitude towards such practices, not complaining. By highlight this what I and many other players surely consider an issue (in reference to the post) I could help to trigger a change. While I don't expect anything to change after this post I really hope some people will rethink their decisions whether it is from a leader perspective or the raiders' perspective.

I believe that reserving items especially boes by a leader is completely wrong. Raid doesn't consist just of a leader but also other members who contribute equally towards achieving the objective. This culture of reserving items feels like it became a norm on the server and trust me I don't think it promotes anything positives but also encourages greed further which will at some point have a negative user experience on players.

3. I guess you starting the thread by calling people who don't do things the way you want them to "loot whores" must have mislead me into thinking this was a complaining thread. While I don't even play WoW anymore, I can tell you right here that my gut feeling says no one will care about your opinion and continue to be "loot whores," since what you feel is completely wrong is irrelevant when you're not the raid leader. "Don't lead raids the way you want, lead raids the way I want" isn't going to earn you any changes, and what you call "culture" only exists because most people don't want to deal with leading raids, they'd rather go along with raids that have reserved items. Good luck convincing those - not the reserved leaders - to change.

4. I guess you starting the thread by calling people who don't do things the way you want them to "loot whores" must have mislead me into thinking this was a complaining thread. While I don't even play WoW anymore, I can tell you right here that my gut feeling says no one will care about your opinion and continue to be "loot whores," since what you feel is completely wrong is irrelevant when you're not the raid leader. "Don't lead raids the way you want, lead raids the way I want" isn't going to earn you any changes, and what you call "culture" only exists because most people don't want to deal with leading raids, they'd rather go along with raids that have reserved items. Good luck convincing those - not the reserved leaders - to change.
    " While I don't even play WoW anymore"

With all my respect, this server was so much more friendly and better place when all of you played this game (here and on retail) compared to this...

Same thing happened with Blizzard. WOW was a better game when they played their own games...

5. Seeing how this discussion turned out, I will write another post here:

OP, I see you have your own view of how a successful raid should look like. You get my salutations, if you really provide a positive experience for the players on Icecrown as a raid leader. But just because you have your own vision of how a raid should look like, it doesn't mean that this is a common rule which applies to all others. Everyone has the right to set their own rules and there's nothing wrong with that, as long as they don't break the in-game players code of conduct. If they want to be rewarded for their time and troubles regardless how much effort they put in leading the raid, they have the freedom to do so. Leading a raid isn't limited to a small group of people, so if someone doesn't agree with the rules of a specific player, they have the freedom not to participate in their pug, but instead to look for another. It's simple as that.

Regarding the topic about bad raid leaders - yes, those do exist, but like I've said above people aren't forced to play in their raids. If someone has a problem with the raid composition for a specific instance or they think the raid leader invites the wrong people (incompetent, but well geared ones), then they could foresee the issues the raid might encouter later on and leave it prematurely. Furthermore, if someone suspects that the raid leader relies on others to carry him, people can also inspect his achievements and conclude whether the said user is comtetent to lead a group. I have to note, that this may not always be true, as some people have gathered the required knowledge of excecuting the tactics from their mains, but if someone wants to be super careful with their ID and doesn't mind going the extra mile, they could always insist on a conversation with the raid leader, so that they can decide how competent the said user is. Doing so, people can also test the communication skill of the RL.

Btw I have to agree with what Obnoxious said about the intention of this thread. Sorry, OP, but you can't convince me that you care about enforcing a change, because the tone of your first posts doesn't hint there's a constructive criticism going on. It feels more like blaming other people especially with the usage of the following phrases:
    "loot whores"
    "average baboon pug maker"
    "Accepting that they are ****ing trash and should not raid lead?" probably my favourite part
    And I just want to add, that your fourth post of this thread is really exaggerated imho. I have never seen a raid leader, who didn't assign players to give the pally buffs. I don't know how many pugs you have joined, but I would like to share my experience with the failed runs. I won't deny, that I had several disputes with some raid leaders in the past, but the most common case for me was receiving ID for nothing just because some random puggers didn't act like grown ups. Be it leaving/going afk after the first few bosses or losing a roll for a specific item (and apparently not being interested in the upcoming loot or finishing the raid), getting angry after one or two wipes, started flaming others and leaving prematurely before the RL declared RO (especially on PP). And in those cases I was a witness how the raid leader TRIED to invite other people in his raid, but few wanted to join, because a) some desired a specific gear from previous bosses (like DBW for example), b) they didn't want to risk getting ID for one or two bosses or for yet another failed attempt. Depending on how much time the raid leader has lost doing so, there could be others following the example of their former co-players. The whole raid becomes a mess and the raid leader feels under pressure, even though they might not have done anything wrong. Normally I thank them after every raid (regardless if it's a failed or a successful one), but I have seen other players insulting them and ironically thanking them for receiving ID because of what others have done.

So yeah. I can't say that the whole item reservation has become a norm on Icecrown, but given the risks a raid leader could face this phenomenon shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
    Edited: November 8, 2019

6. Ever since gold trading was made, item reserving has become the meta. Theres people who will farm on multiple characters bringing every pleb they can find to icc25 to get that gold for coins. Pugging is only viable if its a guild raid otherwise its only good for gearing alts or getting a mark/dbw off Saurfang.

7. Idk man, pug raids are pure cancer unless you really can trust those people. I made 3 times icc 10 normal run with 6k+ people and yet they still managed to die at marrowgar on normal. I didn't even try on heroic or to finish it, just remove that trash. 3 times I get people who for some reasons, have 6k pve gear score YET they do not know any tactics. So I assume it';s bought gear or character.

Reserving boe + primo is standard thing nowdays,I rarely see raids where people say ''boe free roll''.

First 12