1. 100% (Or close to 100%) Crit Chance.

Hi all, i'm Bellavita / Scarpetta, mage on Lordaeon.
    I would like to experiment with the mage, how to try to reach 100% Crit.
    Do you think it makes sense to put the 20 crit gems (And ignoring socket gem bonus) ? And use Crit/Hit or Crit/Spirit? (I've reroll human for 3% sprit buff).
    What do you think, is it viable?

2. You'll get some bonus crit from talents, other classes debuffs (or imp scorch), FM is another 6% if traded with another mage.

And if you even ignore hit to got Crit/Spirit items you'll have a flat 13% (with spriest/draenai) chance to miss, miss is worse than a non crit.
    I'm not mage expert, but I don't think it's worth it. Even later you'll need haste because crit is cool, but if your cast time is almost 3 seconds you'll still get those 2 crits in 2 spells by the time a mage with haste would have also gotten 2 crits from 3 casts.

3. Use the t9 2 set bonus to increase the crit granted from spirit and then get only items with crit and spirit as secondary stats.
    Like that it might be possible to reach 100% crit when you you are fully raid buffed.
    But DPS wise its definitely not worth it to focus only on crit because the value of SP and haste increases with your crit rating. You should always try to find a healthy balance between crit, SP and haste.

4. 2T9 bonus is not cumulable qnymore with the T10. Devs fixed it since a while.

If you want to try to reach 100% Crit, you should go for the list of gear :

Head: Sanctified Bloodmage Hood (ilvl: 277)

Neck: Blood Queen's Crimson Choker (ilvl: 277h)

Shoulder: Sanctified Bloodmage Shoulderpads (ilvl: 277)

Cloak: Volde's Cloak of the Night Sky (ilvl: 264)

Chest: Ermine Coronation Robes (ilvl: 264)

Wrist: The Lady's Brittle Bracers (ilvl: 277h)

Hands: Robe of the Waking Nightmare (ilvl: 277)

Belt: Lingering Illness (ilvl: 277h)

Legs: Sanctified Bloodmage Leggings (ilvl: 277)

Feet: Plague Scientist's Boots (ilvl: 277h)

Ring 1: Ashen Band of Endless Destrustion (ilvl: 277)

Ring 2: Ring of Maddening Whispers (ilvl: 277h)

Trinket 1: Phylactery of the Nameless Lich (ilvl: 277h)

Trinket 2: Muradin's Spyglass(ilvl: 264h)

Weapon: Bloodsurge, Kel'Thuzad's Blade of Agony (ilvl: 284h)

Offhand: Mystifying Charm (ilvl: 258h)

Wand: Corpse-Impaling Spike (ilvl: 277h)

If you are not at 100% crit (during raid with that gear swap your LK weapon for the dagger which Marrow drops

2 additionnal points :
    1/ As said above, a balanced gear between crit sp and haste is stronger dpswise
    2/ About you rerolling human for spirit (I assume it's for gettting more CC) you should do the math with the gear you are expecting. Because with the standard BIS gear the most valuable race in terms of crit is gnomes. Indeed Intel give you CC. 166.6points of intel = 1% of crit.

See you

Tiny