1. is it just bad rng or

so i've been recording some of my pvps and remember a few other times , and when i compare myself to other players who r bis as i am and has the same items , i feel compared to some of them ( not all but not too few either) my dmg is lower , on an obvious level , i can never be sure but i feel like the same can be said about defence , and before u say its something about buff or anything i always check for those first to make sure that isn't the reason
    for example i have video of a pala with wings doing 5.7k crit divine storm and 5.5k melee and Crusader strike crits with 1.6 to 1.8k seal of rightoussness dmg to me which im also a ret with 1150 resil and he has 34k hp so its not pve gears he only had 1 buff that wasn't from himself and it was a priests , so anyways no matter what i do i can never deal that much of dmg to someone more than 1k resil , hell i even have video of dueling a hunt with 900 resil and he doesn't even take more than 3.5k crit ( actually now that im checking ,he hardly ever took any crit those non crits were 1.7k while wings on ) from my melees while having wings on ( all while equping sm ofc)
    that pala that i mentioned i couldn't hit him with crit more than 3k(with the wings) and yet he hits me for 5.5k each attack , he had 1 trink proced and no other dmg boost buffs whatsoever (now this one guy had the most obvious one that i recorded i have seen worse but there r also ppl that have pretty much the same stats as me and yet after duels when i check recount it says they somehow had bigger average dmg , now i know this doesn't prove anything and it can be only bad rng but repeating the duel 10 times and not ever having the better rng is a bit awkward)
    so idk whats happening it could be just rng but these things r happening way more times vs certain ppl ,not everyone.
    when i confront them and ask if they have some cheats or something like that they all either laugh or just say things like "get gud" , "noob" , "just because u can't win doesn't mean its cheat" while i obviously can see its not a matter of skill when they even sometimes screw up their rotations and yet in the end they end up wining ( i even once a few days ago was hit by a rogue for 7.8k NON CRIT ambush on my 1.5k resil spriest in shadow form and when i told him he said "yeah i do that kind of dmg" while any good rogue knows doing that to that much resil + 15% shadow for dmg reduction is impossible,also after i called him a cheater he called me an ***** and ignored me for the record he was full pve)
    so what is going on is there some sort of game breaking cheats that boost certain stats or something ? cause i sort of like the pvp even if its not balanced , but whenever i want to start learning it properly i am reminded of these things and ofc the scripts but that can't be helped and im discouraged and think it will be waste of time to lose in the end to the "pros" anyways.
    what do you think

2. ok from the page views (which abt 100 of it is my own) and the way no one said anything ... im guessing 2 things
    1- warmane admins do really ban most of cheaters for cheating if the cheater is caught which is surprising to me considers many things i have seen and heard
    2- ppl on the forum alrdy knew abt this and mostlikely they too have something to hide ...
    good talk ... i ended up replying of my own post , didn't expect this at all

3. Hello there, dmg is server sided and is based on your stats(ingame).Yes,there are probably some private cheats that are still working,but most of the popular wow cheats are detectable and leading to bans.Also people are reporting players that are probably hacking and if someone is found guilty he is getting banned too.As for your dmg - you can find detailed guides from veteran players in the class forums - without providing more information - armory links,your ratations or what you are doing in different situations we cant give you any advice blindly what you're doing wrong.

4. Yes I know abt the armoury thats how i know they have the exact same items and talents and etc
    i also have many different gears (can even go full agil or full str or full resil) for my ret pala and i spoken to the ones i thought they r good and their reply was the ones i mentioned or they said its cause pala has so much str bonus, while i think i have spent 100k gold so far on changing gems i have tried almost every possible build but yet can't do nearly enough dmg as them
    mainly what i wanted to ask from them was how to beat fmage as ret and they do it so easily they always get crit when they want , their judgment always destroys fmages absorb shield and when they finally close up even if mage is full hp and full resil and has absorb up they switch to sm and wing and divine storm and the mage is almost dead ,hell i even once saw that pala be near death and he kept criting and healing and the mage kept missing(i haven't seen many types of this fight cause the palas who actually can beat them don't accept the duels very often) ,while even if i hit fmages for full 8 sec with my wings i still can't drop them below 20%. fmage stands for frost mage ofc.
    and abt the server side thing true the dmg is rolled by server but i think that can be manipulated , im sure this has happened to most ppl too , rarely when u want to mount up server reduces that 1.5s cast time , sometimes u even mount up nearly instantly , these things happen rarely but they do, if server had such power over what is happening then that would never happen.
    and no i daubt most ***s r detected i know one guy who is for sure using some old *** and not getting banned , im saying its old cause he said he had it back in vanilla and not even 3.3.5a , he plays very lame when he is using it tho lol , and also i should mention ppl don't report , they all discouraged cause some ppl say they did report and nothing happened
    i will go ahead check the forums for pala guild even tho i did before.
    Edited: November 9, 2019

5. Yes I know abt the armoury thats how i know they have the exact same items and talents and etc
    i also have many different gears (can even go full agil or full str or full resil) for my ret pala and i spoken to the ones i thought they r good and their reply was the ones i mentioned or they said its cause pala has so much str bonus, while i think i have spent 100k gold so far on changing gems i have tried almost every possible build but yet can't do nearly enough dmg as them
    mainly what i wanted to ask from them was how to beat fmage as ret and they do it so easily they always get crit when they want , their judgment always destroys fmages absorb shield and when they finally close up even if mage is full hp and full resil and has absorb up they switch to sm and wing and divine storm and the mage is almost dead ,hell i even once saw that pala be near death and he kept criting and healing and the mage kept missing(i haven't seen many types of this fight cause the palas who actually can beat them don't accept the duels very often) ,while even if i hit fmages for full 8 sec with my wings i still can't drop them below 20%. fmage stands for frost mage ofc.
    Frost mages are hard counter to ret paladins.If you face fmage as ret in open space he will win in 9/10 times,if you can los behind something and resset the fight you will increase your chances(6-7/10),but still you need to avoid fights vs fmages in 1v1 situations - if the mage is good and close to BIS geared he will destroy you no mather what(this is how the game is designed).What you are describing is bis geared paladin vs semi geared/bad fmage.Also advice from me - in 1v1 situations remove all buffs(he will poly you and spellsteal them) and try to find cover where you can los him.If he decide to close the distance and fight you,avoid using wings/freedom at start and wait for him to use some of his cds first and leave you opening to exploit.You can autsustain him,but you need to fight smart.

and abt the server side thing true the dmg is rolled by server but i think that can be manipulated , im sure this has happened to most ppl too , rarely when u want to mount up server reduces that 1.5s cast time , sometimes u even mount up nearly instantly , these things happen rarely but they do, if server had such power over what is happening then that would never happen.
    and no i daubt most ***s r detected i know one guy who is for sure using some old *** and not getting banned , im saying its old cause he said he had it back in vanilla and not even 3.3.5a , he plays very lame when he is using it tho lol , and also i should mention ppl don't report , they all discouraged cause some ppl say they did report and nothing happened
    i will go ahead check the forums for pala guild even tho i did before.
    This isnt how it works - you are sending command to the server(when you press a button) and after some time(acc to your lag/MS ingame) your char will do what you've told him by pressing the button.
    As for gemming agil as retry - i dont advice you to do this.Yes,you can use some offspec items with agil to increase your crit,but gemming agil will lead to losing dmg(if you use agil offset items you will do more burst,but it will be RNG/luck depended/,if you use str less burst but more stable dmg).On my Ret( armory ) im using str offsets.

6. :|
    i know what u r saying but it seems u didn't notice what im saying
    YES fmage will destroy ret , thats what im saying those palas beat the fmages (and the very BIS fmages) and i just explained how they do it and is where my main question is coming from abt if they r cheating
    and the one abt lag and ms , i have 150 normal lag on my own and server has a bit too , but what im saying abt the mount up assumed bug is that i press mounting and in 0.5s real time of my own pressing the button my char is on the mount

nice mount btw finish ur xmog u don't look so good :p

7. i know what u r saying but it seems u didn't notice what im saying
    YES fmage will destroy ret , thats what im saying those palas beat the fmages (and the very BIS fmages) and i just explained how they do it and is where my main question is coming from abt if they r cheating
    and the one abt lag and ms , i have 150 normal lag on my own and server has a bit too , but what im saying abt the mount up assumed bug is that i press mounting and in 0.5s real time of my own pressing the button my char is on the mount
    Yes,its possible and you can delete bis geared players if you are lucky with crits.But this wont change the fact that to do this on a fmage he needs to be afk or with full CDS.

nice mount btw finish ur xmog u don't look so good :p
    Thank you! I like it that way,so i wont change it

8. Yes,its possible and you can delete bis geared players if you are lucky with crits.But this wont change the fact that to do this on a fmage he needs to be afk or with full CDS.
    eh
    im not sure if u understand what im asking here , im saying some ppl r cheating to boost their stats and u say if u get lucky with crits u delete ppl while i stated 3 times now that even when i get lucky i can't pull the dmg those certain ppl r pulling no matter what build im using

im not talking abt fmage vs ret , im saying that maybe some ppl have that type of cheat and im to be exact im asking ppl what they think and what have they been experiencing of that sort .

9. I've pretty much given up after seeing that you and the opponent are both BIS and he does about 4x your damage.
    That is all highly unlikely. Yes, crit damage does have some rng (it's got a range, eg you can crit anywhere from 9k to 10k), you can have Ashen ring+2 trinkets+potion+tailoring cloak+SM stacked up to do way more damage.
    Without armory links I'm calling it bs.

10. yes and no
    u can't do 9k to 10k dmg even with lucky crits not as ret vs 1k+ resil , tho if a pala is bringing 26k hp of bis mage along with his absorb down to low hp i guess that kind of pala can do ye which is the type of pala im daubting they r playing clean
    i hardly do even 5k ever with all the buffs for dmg just as* u said, 2 trinks , cloak tailoring ench , sm , ring as well ofc
    lol not even in bg with all the other classes buff i never pulled 5k per swing vs good geared mayeb i can idk but definitely not 7k never seen that happen vs good geared even with that 30%+ dmg boost buff
    they don't do like x4 dmg but they definitely have some dmg boosts , low enough so not everyone notices , guess abt how much their gs should be based on their dmg , sure if they can boost it a little like as if have like 7k gs , u can feel that just as u can feel how little by little dmg and def increases as u get better items

11. fighting normal bis ppl with normal dmg really makes it much more clear to see what im talking abt
    i just found 3 palas in wg , all i assume bis cause they had sm , non hit me more than 3.5k crit , more i pay attention more im sure that type of cheat indeed exists and is being used , my main prb is the barking these duel boys do after wining with all their macro and addon and script and even this , gj wining u pro.

12. done some more researching , dueling my pala on other acc which hardly has 1k resil , after poping all trink and buffs i managed to get a 4.9k crit melee attack , the video that i have has a pala criting my 1100 resil pala for 5.7k crit autoattack but after looking more closely he had a hunter 10% attackpower boost buff which makes that 5.7k ... idk he has 3 agil gears and is not gemmed focusly on str and the testes that i ran im on full str items , so i would say yes he did cheat but it was like 10% more dmg or so ... still this type of cheat definitely puts u at disadvantage and are really hard to spot and who knows maybe it really is rng and he got very lucky , my bet is on the cheat cause he kept getting 5k+ crits over and over and over again.

13. i daubt most ***s r detected i know one guy who is for sure using some old *** and not getting banned , im saying its old cause he said he had it back in vanilla and not even 3.3.5a , he plays very lame when he is using it tho lol
    He's playing lame because he's lying.

Every client version has a different binary structure requiring different offsets and different detours. Running something from vanilla on wotlk is a great way to simply crash the client or find unintended and undefined results. Regardless of how magical or plug and play it appears to the end user it's still just a temperamental hack job at the core.

If you find proof of someone actually cheating then report them (with credible evidence) to a GM and they'll be banned like everyone else.

Also, I've removed the name of the cheat you're referring to because even with it being fairly detected I don't think we need more people trying to use it.

14. He's playing lame because he's lying.

Every client version has a different binary structure requiring different offsets and different detours. Running something from vanilla on wotlk is a great way to simply crash the client or find unintended and undefined results. Regardless of how magical or plug and play it appears to the end user it's still just a temperamental hack job at the core.

If you find proof of someone actually cheating then report them (with credible evidence) to a GM and they'll be banned like everyone else.
    idk abt him lying or not
    but i know some ppl probably are really have some dmg and resil boosting cheats ,u admins should know if that type of cheat is being used , is that kind of cheats possible ? plz i just wanna confirm it.
    let me explain more
    i need it to be confirmed so for example that rogue who did 7.8k ambush non crit on my 1.5k resil spriest in shadow form,
    i have a bis rogue , my rogue unlike his isn't full pve , thus if i know that such cheat exists i don't need to go out of my way all to get a load of pve gears and try it to see if he was actually cheating.

15. Cheats that increase your stats can't exist because you can't tell the server "I have 8900 strength" only the server can tell you "you have 3000 strength"
    Server is the one that does all of the stat math like adding more from procs, multiplying by a factor to get percentage increase and so on.
    Client only gets the info to display to you and nothing else.

12 Last