1. i got a ninja loot ban for needing leather pants on my druid.

so the other day i was banned for needing a pair of leather pants on my druid in a dungeon, and because i was in queue as a healer.. for faster queues, and the pants are for tank druids. (my druids only level 20 so i don't know which kind of druid i really want to make as i have never made one before.) i needed the pants and went and got myself my bear form after the dungeon..

the rules state needing items your toon CAN'T use.

the pants were leather. meaning i CAN use the pants. i was just queued as a healer to level up faster. the person who was tanking had near full boa and reported over a pair of pants he will out level in 2 dungeons or so.

just wondering when my ticket will be looked at.

2. you still queue as healer and if a tank needs agi/atk power patsn, he has prio over you - the healer.

dungeon 'ninja' bans are 5 days and they usually take a few days to look at appeals...

To avoid this in the future, just give main spec items to the person who queued for their spec. You could also try to talk with the tank, asking him if he really needs or if its not big upgrade. But he still has priority on cat/Feral gear over rdudu. Same can happen if tank took your spirit/spellpower item.

3. i dont think my 5 day ban is worth a level 15 item is all.. by now hes probably level 40+. still using his near full BoA gear and lvl 40+ pants or higher while i cannot play for 3 more days.. kinda stupid over a lvl 15 dung item. if it were lvl 80 gear. yes by all means the ban is worthy as by then you should have a spec you want and items that favor that spec.

4. It's interesting, because I reported a tank warrior 4 months ago for needing a DPS item, and the GM said that he can need it because he can use it for offspec. So in that case, me playing as a DPS and needing that item wasn't a priority. I wish we could get a clear answer on this from admins and know what is permitted and not. I would like to know exactly what is considered ninja looting.

Because if tanks can take my dps items when I play dps, I will take theirs too. It's only fair.
    Edited: November 8, 2019

5. you need on gear for whatever spec you got into the dungeon as. you rolled need on tank gear, as a healer. that's a ninja. you can read a staff reply in http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=409261&page=3

6. Lmao this post and ban :D don't worry I got banned for 2 months and I'm still trying to find out why

7. I got banned for rolling an item to be DE'd in rdf. I was the lowest geared tank and I have an offspec healer. Yes, tank/healer spec paladin. This BIS shaman was mad and reported me because he wanted to DE it. I even traded him the item I won because I am not interested in having a flame war with him. A few mins later, he messaged me with so much hate but I chose to ignore him. I guess he had what he wanted. I got banned 5 days for rolling and trading a low level item which they wanted to disenchant. I needed that to increase my gearscore a bit, I guess enchanting shards are that rare nowadays

8. I got banned for rolling an item to be DE'd in rdf. I was the lowest geared tank and I have an offspec healer. Yes, tank/healer spec paladin. This BIS shaman was mad and reported me because he wanted to DE it. I even traded him the item I won because I am not interested in having a flame war with him. A few mins later, he messaged me with so much hate but I chose to ignore him. I guess he had what he wanted. I got banned 5 days for rolling and trading a low level item which they wanted to disenchant. I needed that to increase my gearscore a bit, I guess enchanting shards are that rare nowadays
    If you need something for offspec, it's generally considered polite to ask if you can need it for OS. If nobody has anything against it then you can need it. You deserved what you got.

9. It's interesting, because I reported a tank warrior 4 months ago for needing a DPS item, and the GM said that he can need it because he can use it for offspec. So in that case, me playing as a DPS and needing that item wasn't a priority. I wish we could get a clear answer on this from admins and know what is permitted and not. I would like to know exactly what is considered ninja looting.

Because if tanks can take my dps items when I play dps, I will take theirs too. It's only fair.
    He should've been banned. I've found that literally every GM there is decides on his own free will what's a ban and what isn't. I've had healers roll need on DPS items and get banned for it, and i've had healers roll need on DPS items and GMs telling me that they won't ban them cuz the healer didn't actually win the roll (even if he did try to take the item). It's a mess.

10. He should've been banned. I've found that literally every GM there is decides on his own free will what's a ban and what isn't. I've had healers roll need on DPS items and get banned for it, and i've had healers roll need on DPS items and GMs telling me that they won't ban them cuz the healer didn't actually win the roll (even if he did try to take the item). It's a mess.
    If you have screenshots of the tickets and responses, you could send a private message to Head GM Aldtharios. I don't think such inconsistency is intended and he should be able to solve the issue.

11. If you have screenshots of the tickets and responses, you could send a private message to Head GM Aldtharios. I don't think such inconsistency is intended and he should be able to solve the issue.
    I reported the same thing to him. Didn't SS the GM response tho.
    Edited: December 2, 2019

12. Disenchant has the lowest priority as designed. If you wont need it DE it. It happens that my offspec needed it badly. I am even wearing green items while he himself is 6.xk gs. I even traded the item to him when he had such reaction. I was the last to roll too. It's not like I ran with a DBW or something. My biggest mistake was I felt lucky I had high geared players and assumed they dont need anything from a RDF.

13. Nah, your biggest mistake was assuming that general rules don't apply when you have geared people with you.

14. If you have screenshots of the tickets and responses, you could send a private message to Head GM Aldtharios. I don't think such inconsistency is intended and he should be able to solve the issue.
    I didn't knew about this and I was told next time to report the GM sooner. I understand it's hard to track down something that happened 3+ months ago.

Next time I will be ready to screenshot the GMs response if it ever happens to me again!

I think it would be simply better for everyone if they make the rules clearer in this direction.

Who gets banned or not shouldn't be a GM's judgement call, but the enforcement of a transparent set of rules.

15. I think no one should be banned for ninja looting, it's another game in the game. But this is how wind blows, so I support the regime. Clear rules about dungeons trough finder system really wouldn't hurt.

Here are rules I personally follow, never had a problem:
    - You can NEED on items for role which you accepted when que popped. Obviously, you can't NEED on leather agil pieces as boomkin, etc.
    - Everything else is GREED, even if you are only one who needs item for OS you compete against 4 Disenchant rolls. It is like this - either you wait in que with role you need gear on or que with role with fast que and compete with Disenchant rolls, but do more dungeons in same time.