1. New prot player

hi guys, i have a 6.2 ret and i have duo as 6.1 holy, and i want to change the holy spec to prot, what should i try to farm/buy (points, i have like 88) maybe some cheap boe? spec (talents) ? advices?

2. Watch guides for prot paladin then?

3. i want to know how to progress, not to see a guide about bis and things

4. Gearing up at start is pretty easy as a prot paladin. I'd suggest playing 2set with Lady helm, Boneguard shoulders (gunship ones, only spec that plays them), t10 chest, t10 gloves, blacksmithing pants (another easy piece, just farm some gold). After a bit of raiding I'd suggest switching to 4set.

Trinkets are straightforward. If you don't have access to end-game trinkets like sindra fang, go for skeleton key+eot trinket or skeleton key+heart of iron (14 votepoints). Ring alternatives: Ashen, vdw ring, toc10hc armor ring, eot armor ring, ony10 (17 vote points), ony25, harbringer bone band, gship 10hc (last 2 having hit). Everything mentioned here is very easy to fetch except for maybe vdw hc and ony25 rings.

Eof back+belt are 2 must have items too. Bracers are very easy to fetch as well, DB10hc > marrow25hc and last resort filler toc blacksmithing bracers. For boots you only have 3 decent options: Ruby, Vdw and blacksmithing. Yet again, you can just farm some gold and fetch the blacksmithing ones that are good enough for LoD.

Without any proper raiding, just some eof's/eot's/votepoints/gold and a few easy bosses you've covered 14 out of 17 slots, all of which are good enough for LoD. If you're in any guild that does at least 8/12 heroic you're gonna have a pretty easy time fetching the neck/shield and a good weapon too. Prot pally's are one of the easiest specs to gear up, similar to resto shamans or holy paladins. They have a lot of good alternatives to hard-to-get bis items.

5. I’m not a pro tank, I just like tanking however I think both of these answers are little bit off point.

Having in mind that you already have geared spec’s and professions and therefore some gold, best go-to would be:

Blacksmithing Crafted:

Legs: Pillars of Might
    Feet: Boots of Kingly Upheaval
    Chest: Breastplate Of The White Knight
    Bracers: Saronite Swordbreakers
    Belt: Indestructible Plate Girdle

BoE:
    Ring1: Harbinger’s Bone Band
    Ring2: Ashen Band Of Endless Courage OR any tanking BoE ring you find on the AH (there are some OK ones)
    Cloak: Check AH.

EoT:
    Helm: (75 EoT at EoT Dala Vendor)
    Shoulders: T9 (30 EoT)
    Gloves: T9 (30 EoT)
    Trinket1: Glyph of Indomitability (50 EoT)
    Trinket2: The Black Heart (ToC 5 normal)
    Weapon: Tyrannus PoS HC sword or Falric HoR HC axe.

Vote Points:
    Shield: Bulwark of Algalon (Will serve you a long way)
    Weapon: Sorthalis, Hammer of the Watchers
    Trinket: Eitrigg’s Oath (in combo with ToC stamina trinket)

If you go with suggested items (and similarly good ones that will drop) you will be forced to do some ToGC to replace weaker parts (Cloak and Neck), which is okay since you will be suitably geared for ToGC with this gear. At this point I advise mixing gems and hitting socket bonuses and not going full stamina, as you will lack some defense rating 689 required (don’t confuse this with Defense Skill: 689 Rating = 540 Defense) for ICC and that’s ok. Later on you will switch to mostly stamina, if that’s what you desire.

Once you start raiding and obtaining EoF’s, first three investments should be:
    1) Sentinel’s Winter Cloak (50 EoF)
    2) Verdigris Chain Belt (60 EoF)
    3) Corroded Skeleton Key (60 EoF)
    As a better alternative to Corroded, you can get Unidentifiable Organ on PP 10 man and Satrina’s Impeding Scarab in ToGC 25, which is why I’ve put it on the 3rd spot.

Don’t worry about talents as the best ones are the ones you will tweak to your own need, if you feel like it. If you want `standard` ones, snipe mine: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/talents

Only advice: Don’t be afraid to do the dirty work. That means be an OT and learn everything and ask, if you’re unsure. Tanking with paladin is straightforward and easy. Maintaining aggro on larger group of mobs is also easy thanks to Seal of Command. Don’t spec out of SoC if you’re beginner.

As far as above mentioned comment of suggestion of going 2x T10 and not 4xt10, I’d tell you go for BOTH because ICC isn’t the ONLY raid you will be tanking, but that’s a long way out.
    Edited: November 13, 2019