1. new year event sugestions (2019-2020)

Hello. this post will be long, i apologize for the wall of text and i hope you guys can stay until the end of it.

after last year event and the sour taste they left on both warmane players and the staff i stumbled upon a staff response that questioned whether or not next year (aka: this one) might host this kind of events or not.

so, first of all: to all warmane staff: please DO HOST THIS YEAR EVENTS. community might complain about a lot of things, but they are just a minority crying loud, the entire server comes to life with them, and the events offer the players a chance to do something a little bit different.

with what out of the way, lets see first why the community was complaining about least year's events.

first of all, it should be noted BY THE COMMUNITY that these events are made TO HAVE FUN. not for easy gold/emblem farming, not for some cheeky random, high ilvl item, not for some mount, not for items of ANY KIND! yes we did have snowmen and cow event that offered preety much free farm and loot but that was a huge mistake that warmane staff has already realised and worked upon. so warmane staff, go and say it loud at start this year: FORGET ABOUT LOOT!

so, cow event and snowmen are out. so what can the holiday event offer us that its different from lasy year's one?

lasy year event failed because of 3 main issues:

1: it felt like a CHORE. assembling a huge raid to go to a zone and memorizing a pettern and timing of each spawn, as well as haivng to camp and fight for such spot, sometimes against the very own faction felt preety ridiculous and at the end of it all? a small chance of some emblem. the item itself is not the key here, but all the hussle you had to do to obtain whatever benefit you seeked.
    2: it funneled a world of people into 4 or 5 zones. even with the absolute best case scenario (5 zones, 5 spawns each, each spawn enough for a raid of 40 people) that summed out a total of 25 spawns, enough for 1000 people, which might look like a lot, but its actually LESS THAN 10% OF THE PLAYER POPULATION during peak hours! add to that the fact that more often that not you had 1 raid covering an entire zone, and those 1000 people could very easily become 200, reducing even more the numbers.
    3: it was repetitive. the ONLY event most people farmed was the invasion one, with almost nobody attempting the hidden raid boss (mostly because of the dificulty of the fight and gear requirement and previous chainquest (which was also permanently farmed, much like ToC daily quests)). with just 1 type of event, it became repetitive in little to no time. make a group, go to the zone, memorize the patterns (which where allways the same) then go to a spot, kill the dummy-like adds and move on. once the pattern was cleared, go back to start and repeat the process for hours at a time...

so, yeah, last year had its down sides, but i believe some improvements can be made, so here i give some sugestions:

1st: make the events reward-free. yup, you just read that. NO REWARD. make FUN its reward, not some ingame item. and in the case you DO give items, make it worthless, fun to use items, like fireworks, visual effects and so on.

2nd: make events for ALL the community. everyone should be able to participate and HAVE FUN at the events, regardless of level and/or gear. for example, if you're making an invasion styled event, dont make it spawn in 4 zones, make it spawn worldwide! maybe even with zone-specific level!

3rd: make events SOLOABLE. having to make a group in order to participate downgrades most types of events (not saying you cant make raid-dependant events, but there has to be soloable ones, like stairs event for example)

4th: implement diferent types of events. you can put them all at once or rotate every couple of days. having a wider field of choice its allways better. and try not to make them all the "go here, kill this x many times" type of event. here are a few you can use:
    -invasion (already seen on past years) (can be done with either the players go to x zone to fight them, OR, i would love to see the invasion coming to the cities!) (assume its a doom lord kazzak entering SW like in vanilla)
    -raid boss (already seen on past years)
    -treasure hunt (already seen on past years)
    -stair event (already seen on past years)
    -survival event (new type of event): put a bunch of players against some of the hardest mechanics the game has to offer. whoever stays alive at the end wins!
    -trivia event (already seen on past years)(but maybe you could use NPC's instead of GM's instead? idk if its possible but i've seen addons that can do preety much the same)
    -party event (new type of event) "host" parties around the world of azeroth! the goal here is to chill out and have a good time! this could be made on major cities or at some old-abandones cave! who knows!
    -world battle events (new type of event? im not sure) announce that a massive battle is going to be held at "x" location and have horde and alliance members fighting over the spot, just like good old world pvp used to be!

all in all i believe this new year's events have great potential to revive that spark that was lit some years ago that left us (the players) wanting to experience more of these events, and i personally look foward towards them.

i do hope the staff actually takes the time to read this until the end and can actually see this not as a complain, but as constructive criticism.

2. it should be noted, i made most of these sugestions right after last year's events finished, but the thread went under the radar. you can check that thread here:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....ighlight=event

3. I agree with your suggestions. If the events are made for fun and not for farming emblems, things will go well.

4. I agree with some parts of the post, these events has spread more joy then what's shown by some minorities on the forums, people NEVER go on forums to express their gratitude, it's the other way around.
    There is a lot of loot that could be distributed, but "Emblems" is wanted by everyone so it's a good way to make the whole community intrested in the event, but if the event have a flaw it will backfire, people will complain on forums so much that Warmane staff will eventually go "Ok **** it, this is why we cant have nice things", So my advice is don't give out emblems, give cosmetic items, RDF epics, Pets, Tabards, Mounts.
    Many events in the past excluded the low geared people, should be worth noticing.

I have been here and done every single event, And from my perspective "The Grinch" and "The cow level" was the most favorable from the perspective of having fun, "The cow level" didn't have to drop a ton of emblems, it would be a instant hit never the less, it was a really cool idea and will go down in history as my favorite choice of warmane events.
    The quest chain for the grinch was the only downside to the "Grinch" not because it was a quest chain, but how the quest text was, revealing nothing what so ever on where to go, so pretty much everyone needed help from someone who did it, or they looked it up on google.
    I have done loremaster, I leveled 20+ characters, I know how to quest to say the least but, This very questchain I had to find a youtube video unless I wanted to fly over scouting every single mob out.

The invasion event sounds like a really good idea, similair to what the "scourge event" at the end of vanilla would be like, maybe having some story behind it, "Santa's elves" is pissed off from the new work hours, being pushed to work 24 hours a day to make these new toys, Xboxes, Computers, Iphones.... what happened to the good old wooden horse?!
    You have to help Santa (and your own city?), help save your town by beating down the invading elves, throw tear gas granates and put them in arrest.

Maybe a new quest chain, Help santa save christmas?

5. I feel like last year's event was the best thus far and I've played here since 2012 (back then - on Molten).

The issue I feel with the suggestion about the rewards being purely cosmetic etc is that there will be a lot of people who couldnt give less of a schiff about the cosmetics. As was pointed out by Disktrasa emblems of frost are literally the only thing that can be used and therefore is wanted by everyone. Also, I do not think low levels should be a consideration - I believe that the amount of people leveling their first character exactly during christmas is such a small percentage that it's not worth counting in. And people who have at least one lvl80 can join with that already. Also, if we know that Warmane tends to do events for New Year, then they can prepare their characters in advance.

The party event suggestion... "the goal here is to chill out and have a good time! this could be made on major cities or at some old-abandones cave! who knows!" what the hell does that even mean and how will it be different from SW/Org/Dalaran literally every single day?

The large battle event? At least on Icecrown most pvpers are Alliance. So you would have to limit the amount of people in it else Alliance will just run over by raw numbers. That is, if anyone joins at all (why would anyone join if there is no reward for example).

So what I would suggest is keep all last year's events and maybe add like the custom bg thing for those who want something new. Couple years ago there also was a custom raid where you had to climb the stair-like thing in order to reach a boss who dropped high level gear, with small chance of invincible's reins and I think even shadowmourne... maybe there could be a return of something of that sort?

Another idea - the large battle event crossed over with the farm event. Maybe have wintergrasp-ish bg decide who gets to farm the emblems of frost for the next 4 hours (the next invasion)? Like that only the winner sees them? (how it is with large mobs for wintergrasp quests - only the one who has the fortress sees them)

Also I do not know how hard this would be to implement, but you know how on retail there were the bgs with twists, like the winter version of arathi basin or whatever? Maybe there could be something similar? Like a known battleground but with a twist?
    Edited: November 23, 2019

6. I like the post. I do, however, sorta disagree with "no reward" part. as very few will commit to "fun" instead of other daily grinds.

But, I do LOVE the suggestion of accessibility for all the levels.

Here is my quick suggestion list:

--- Stair Event ---
    * Super easy to build.
    * Make a teleport NPC
    * Stair event can be divided into 3 parts:
    1-Easier part (first floor) will have NPC at the end with some nice reward. Pet or Tabard.
    2- Harder part (second floor) will have NPC at the end with some better rewards - higher tier pet / mount / tabard
    3- Hardest floor - will have NPC at the end with x2-5 Transmog scrolls.

--- Scheduled Events --- (that will take place 1-3 times a day)
    * Level 1 Tauren Race track
    * Hide'n'seek world wide (Azeroth+EK) - so level 1s can access it too.
    * Trivia
    * 39v39 battle - can be hosted at the Mount Hyjal - it has a crater at the top of a mountain. Perfect for such.

--- Additional Suggestion for the Holiday Season ---
    * Reduce RDF Heroic daily CD down to 6 hours.
    * Increase Transmog Scroll rate to 50% per boss.
    * If possible, general EXP bonus buffs that can be either purchased, farmed or simply gifted & account bind.
    * Double Honor gain from BGs.
    * World Drop currency, aka Lucky Charms, to redeem for rewards - 5% drop from any kind of world mob. Some cool cosmetics, turtle mount, tabard & experience buffs. NOT account bind, to prevent 80s farming Westfall to supply alts.

7. I do not think low levels should be a consideration - I believe that the amount of people leveling their first character exactly during christmas is such a small percentage that it's not worth counting in.

The large battle event? At least on Icecrown most pvpers are Alliance. So you would have to limit the amount of people in it else Alliance will just run over by raw numbers. That is, if anyone joins at all (why would anyone join if there is no reward for example).

So what I would suggest is keep all last year's events and maybe add like the custom bg thing for those who want something new. Couple years ago there also was a custom raid where you had to climb the stair-like thing in order to reach a boss who dropped high level gear, with small chance of invincible's reins and I think even shadowmourne... maybe there could be a return of something of that sort?
    I said low geared people, "The grinch" and "The cow level" even "snowmen" in wintergrasp had every leader wanting high geared people.
    I like the challange they brought though, it was really cool and well done Dungeon /open world event('s).

About "the invasion" idea I mean more like PvE where you save your town or whatever from PvE mobs, maybe even bosses, maybe have a shared tag system where anyone attacking the enemy gets a share of the loot (like in newer expansions).

The stair event with a boss you talk about must be "the cow" level.
    I like the post. I do, however, sorta disagree with "no reward" part. as very few will commit to "fun" instead of other daily grinds.
    Here is my quick suggestion list:
    1-Easier part (first floor) will have NPC at the end with some nice reward. Pet or Tabard.
    2- Harder part (second floor) will have NPC at the end with some better rewards - higher tier pet / mount / tabard
    3- Hardest floor - will have NPC at the end with x2-5 Transmog scrolls.
    That's the winner, Transmog scrolls is a great idea.
    Many good ideas I like your thinking.

8. That's the winner, Transmog scrolls is a great idea.
    Thanks! The only downside is that Warlocks will have a great advantage!

Another little point to add - the NPC on every floor can either be daily or a 1-time reward. With multiple(daily) rewards, NPC should have like a choice of 6 rewards per level, to allow players to collect all rewards. Would be cool imo
    But if its a 1-time, then staff would need to build multiple stair events across the world.

9. I said low geared people, "The grinch" and "The cow level" even "snowmen" in wintergrasp had every leader wanting high geared people.
    I like the challange they brought though, it was really cool and well done Dungeon /open world event('s).

About "the invasion" idea I mean more like PvE where you save your town or whatever from PvE mobs, maybe even bosses, maybe have a shared tag system where anyone attacking the enemy gets a share of the loot (like in newer expansions).

The stair event with a boss you talk about must be "the cow" level.

That's the winner, Transmog scrolls is a great idea.
    Guess I was lucky, cus I got invited to groups regularly no matter my gs (the only thing I saw the leaders want was their tanks not to be oneshotable).

I do not know which one is the cow level since back in the day there were 2 events - 1 where you had to kill like 50 mobs or smthng which each gave eof before you faced the boss which was for a party (5 people) and one where were the stairs which ended up next to the boss which was meant for 40 people group.

And EoF is the only thing everyone will want who wants anything at all. Whether that is for gear or for primos to sell or for gems to buy. Whichever. However, not everyone wants transmog scrolls, since there are people who despise transmog as a feature.