1. Best classes for 1v1 : Destro/Afflic Warlock, Frost Mage, Shadow Priest, Unholy/Hybrid DK, Ret/Pret Paladin. Not in any order.

Been playing warmane/molten/arena tournament/abyssal-wow since day 1 (these are all names of warmane, before it was called warmane). And played retail. I specialize in mostly 1v1.

I have more duel wins then anyone on Warmane on 1 character. Over 50,000 wins 6000 losses.

Dueled many famous and skilled duelists/duel heros/glads in my time.

Coming from years and years of experience these classes/specs are the top contenders in 1v1.
    what about hunter?

2. what about hunter?
    The answer to this question will be different depending on who you ask.

Some people might say Hunter is a top tier dueling class and some people might say its not.

In my experience/opinion Hunter can be good for 1v1, but I would not say Hunter is a top tier dueling class.

Hunters tend to have to many counters in 1v1 for me to be able to recognize them as a top tier dueling class. That is just a short answer because if I were to go further into detail, I would be here typing forever.

Again, that is just my opinion and I am sure there are alot of skilled hunters who would disagree with me and be able to have a valid debate about it.

PS: I know this post is similar to my response about Feral Druids. The reason is because I try to give the most fair, honest, non-biased information I can while still holding a proper standard for top tier 1v1.
    Edited: September 28, 2020

3. i have over 10k duels on feral and spriest. As spriest there is almost noone who reached 1:1 stats vs me, same as feral .. and i dueled challangers etc.
    btw im playing human spriest with 2x dps trinkets + engi for gloves
    Lol 10k duels on one character is not even that much.

I can literally name 10+ ppl who all have more then 20k duel wins on one character.

Biohazard, blackrock shadow priest, has 49k wins 10k losses. He has the most duel wins of any shadow priest on warmane.

Im the only person on warmane who has more wins then Biohazard.

There used to be a warlock named Avenue who had 50k duel wins (same amount of wins as me), but he quit years ago and he deleted his warlock.
    Edited: September 29, 2020

4. Not to take away something from someone, but duels numbers don't mean much and are not a reliable skill indicator.

Someone can sit in the duel zone all day, choosing wisely his opponents, dueling only undergeared ppl or heavily countered classes, and in a while he will have crazy duel stats. I have even witnessed people dueling themselves with 2 logged accounts to increase their win ratio rofl.

It's like having tons of HKs, you just need to farm, nothing much else really.

5. Not to take away something from someone, but duels numbers don't mean much and are not a reliable skill indicator.

Someone can sit in the duel zone all day, choosing wisely his opponents, dueling only undergeared ppl or heavily countered classes, and in a while he will have crazy duel stats. I have even witnessed people dueling themselves with 2 logged accounts to increase their win ratio rofl.

It's like having tons of HKs, you just need to farm, nothing much else really.
    Your right. And Im not saying more wins = more skill.

But the real factor here is if you really take pride in 1v1, then why would you only pick easy duels? Where is the challenge in that? You dont get good at 1v1 if you only ever duel noobs, under geared players, and classes that you counter.

So if some one only cares about duel win/loss ratio then I could see them faking duel wins or picking easy duels. But if they really wanted to be good at 1v1, they would accept any duel challenge from any player.

6. Best classes for 1v1 : Destro/Afflic Warlock, Frost Mage, Shadow Priest, Unholy/Hybrid DK, Ret/Pret Paladin. Not in any order.

Been playing warmane/molten/arena tournament/abyssal-wow since day 1 (these are all names of warmane, before it was called warmane). And played retail. I specialize in mostly 1v1.

I have more duel wins then anyone on Warmane on 1 character. Over 50,000 wins 6000 losses.

Dueled many famous and skilled duelists/duel heros/glads in my time.

Coming from years and years of experience these classes/specs are the top contenders in 1v1.
    "Destro/Afflic Warlock, Frost Mage, Shadow Priest, Unholy/Hybrid DK, Ret/Pret Paladin." - what class dont have so strong counters? if we compare those classes

7. "Destro/Afflic Warlock, Frost Mage, Shadow Priest, Unholy/Hybrid DK, Ret/Pret Paladin." - what class dont have so strong counters? if we compare those classes

Your asking way to broad of a question. Sometimes less counters does not always mean you will win a 1v1. Just because a class counters you doesnt mean you cant win.

What if someone literally gears/specs a character just to beat a certain class? What if some one is using magic resist gear? What if someone is using items? What if someone is using trinkets like Abacus, Key, Bauble, etc? What if rogue or druid decides to stealth/run and never open? What if a mage decides to poly you and mount up and run away? What if a warlock decides to use portal on top of cliff around a mountain?

I read a post on here where someone said 1v1 is just a matter of cheese. And if you understand what he ment, he told the truth. There are so many things that factor into a 1v1.

Play the class you like and get good at it.

8. blood dk is the king of 1v1, change my mind

9. Your asking way to broad of a question. Sometimes less counters does not always mean you will win a 1v1. Just because a class counters you doesnt mean you cant win.

What if someone literally gears/specs a character just to beat a certain class? What if some one is using magic resist gear? What if someone is using items? What if someone is using trinkets like Abacus, Key, Bauble, etc? What if rogue or druid decides to stealth/run and never open? What if a mage decides to poly you and mount up and run away? What if a warlock decides to use portal on top of cliff around a mountain?

I read a post on here where someone said 1v1 is just a matter of cheese. And if you understand what he ment, he told the truth. There are so many things that factor into a 1v1.

Play the class you like and get good at it.
    in arena rule, for example pvp event 1x1,

10. blood dk is the king of 1v1, change my mind
    blood dk cant win skilled ret, feral + pillar or LoS.
    if no pillar, I mean pvp in open space - hunter, dlock event Fmage

11. in arena rule, for example pvp event 1x1,
    Ret DK or Shadow Priest because you can just spam LoS and heal forever and never run out of mana.

12. Ret DK or Shadow Priest because you can just spam LoS and heal forever and never run out of mana.
    what about Dlock with deff trinks?

13. what about Dlock with deff trinks?
    Lock and mage both are not as good when you add LoS in my opinion. That is why I did not add them to that list.

Lock and Mage tend to be better in open field with no LoS.

Ret DK or Shadow Priest can play defensively, spam heals, spam LoS, and manage mana properly. This can make killing them very hard if not impossible.

14. Lock and mage both are not as good when you add LoS in my opinion. That is why I did not add them to that list.

Lock and Mage tend to be better in open field with no LoS.

Ret DK or Shadow Priest can play defensively, spam heals, spam LoS, and manage mana properly. This can make killing them very hard if not impossible.
    but lock has succube, it can cc them from hide when the LoSers try to LoS, is it?

15. but lock has succube, it can cc them from hide when the LoSers try to LoS, is it?
    Succubus spam isnt going to be enough to stop someone from spamming LoS.

First ... 3456 Last