1. in fact outland wasnt grindy enough.
    TBC is by it's very nature grindy that is what most die hard tbc players like about the expansion.
    The introduction of bis items like glaives to the shop didnt sit well with a lot of the top guilds which is why a lot of people quit u could see the population go down from about 6-7k players online at average to ~4k in the span of a month after this was implemented.
    Another reason Outland died is simply because tbc has not nearly as much potential as wotlk in terms of holding players, most people play tbc for the progression through the content which at some point is simply finished there is only so much you can reach in tbc and a lot of the players that quit were done after farming swp for months and reaching their goals in arenas especially given the fact that farming bis items was very much devalued anyway as everything but thoridal became available through the shop, even the season 4 shoulders which for most tbc players is like a symbol of status and skill due to the high requirement that you have to meet in order to obtain them, putting such items in the shop for a few bucks hit the pvp community which broke apart after the initial season 4 release just as an example.
    Then there is the fact that tbc by nature divides it's playerbase between the people that go tryhard and get access to all the content and those that do not as the latest stage of raiding is very hard and there are no difficulty levels as in wrath to give the more casual players a chance to see the latest content aswell, basically meaning they're locked out from it to begin with unless they're willing to spend excessive amounts of money and/or time in order to meet the required gear.
    Imo the best options that WM Staff could do to revive this project would for once include a character wipe aswell as a restructure of the very server concept which can go different ways like either to make it a pvp only project much like Blackrock or formerly Arena-Tournament or to lean towards a more retail tbc like experience, either way the timing is not ideal right now to take steps as it would make more sense to wait for the classic hype to die down a bit to appeal to a larger playerbase.
    They stated about 8 or 9 months ago that they got plans for Outland so I expect something will be happening at some point in the future.
    Edited: December 7, 2019

2. in fact outland wasnt grindy enough.
    TBC is by it's very nature grindy that is what most die hard tbc players like about the expansion.
    Possible that some "die hard TBC players" love long grinds but they are only a small minority of the playerbase.
    The majority has chosen Outland over Medivh and that proves that most players want increased rates and are fine with a cash shop.

Outland died because of it's weird mix of high and low rates. It was neither a blizzlike x1 realm which would attract the "die hard TBC players", nor was it a real highrate realm which would attract the main playerbase of Warmane.

The realm had so many design flaws.
    Take the cash shop for example. Bis gear is available in the store but there is no rep or prof service. I doubt that ppl that pay money to get a BiS geared char want to grind rep and prof on x1 rates afterwards. It would have made so much more sense to provide a rep and prof service for coins, so ppl can actually skip the monotonious grind with money, but leave prestige items such as s4 shoulders out of the shop.
    Same story with the weird mix of low and high rates. Whats the logic behind letting players level up on x5 but then putting prof rates on x1 so nobody can skill his profs while questing? Or that ppl have done around 20% of the Outland quests when they hit 70 but then they have to do all the quests anyways because they need the rep of the factions which is on x1 rates. Ofc such design flaws lead to a poor gaming experience. It should be obvious that XP, prof and rep rates need to be in line for a smooth gaming experience. What was Warmane thinking by doing that and why was there no attempt to fix such obvious design flaws? It remains a mystery...
    Edited: December 7, 2019

3. the majority has chosen outland over medivh because the medivh release had like the most poor timing possible since most people at that time allready finished their early chores on outland and started off with guilds at which point it becomes way less likely for players to switch realms just in order to level slower and then do the same early grind with the same rates again, and to divert players into die hard tbc players and casuals as the only 2 categories like there was nothing in between is just ******ed, also you clearly didnt read my post to begin with before answering.
    I never said people had a problem with a cash shop, it just became a problem when they implemented bis gear into the shop and items that were insanely hard to farm like warglaives and s4 weps/shoulders as it killed motivation since there was nothing that players could reach by playing that was not allready available in the shop nobody complained when it was 1 tier below the highest raid/pvp tier.

4. the majority has chosen outland over medivh because the medivh release had like the most poor timing possible since most people at that time allready finished their early chores on outland and started off with guilds at which point it becomes way less likely for players to switch realms just in order to level slower and then do the same early grind with the same rates again,
    Fair point but I highly doubt that Medivh would have been as popular as Outland even if both realms were launched at the same time.
    The majority just doesn't like x1 rates and btw, that has nothing to do with them beeing casual players. You can see plenty of hardcore players who have choosen Icecrown over Lordaeron. Most ppl just find it boring to do monotonious x1 grinds on a game that is over 10 years old.
    I never said people had a problem with a cash shop, it just became a problem when they implemented bis gear into the shop and items that were insanely hard to farm like warglaives and s4 weps/shoulders as it killed motivation since there was nothing that players could reach by playing that was not allready available in the shop nobody complained when it was 1 tier below the highest raid/pvp tier.
    I agree that they should have never added certain items to the shop. Especially prestige items such as s4 shoulder are a huge no go.
    On the other hand they said from the begining that all items gonna be in the shop after players progressed through all the raids.

If Warmane ever releases a TBC realm again I believe it would be the best when there is no gear shop whatsoever. Instead players could buy perks that increase certain rates for a specific time.
    I'd be fine with a x1 rate realm when there is the option to pay for increased rates.
    Their could be three kind of perks in the store and each one last for a month:
    Level perk: x5 XP and x5 Prof
    PvP perk: x5 honor and x5 arena points
    PvE perk: x5 rep and x5 BoJ

Since TBC is grindy as **** I believe that plenty of players would be willing to pay money to shorten the monotonious grind. Such a realm could probably generate enough money without the need of a gear shop.

5. 5x Xp
    2x Honor
    2x Rep
    2x Prof

Problem Solved. Its that easy, but they won't make those changes its been years. The server will die at this rate.

I too wished it to be the Icecrown of Burning Crusade but with the current rates it just isn't.

6. 5x Xp
    2x Honor
    2x Rep
    2x Prof

Problem Solved. Its that easy, but they won't make those changes its been years. The server will die at this rate.

I too wished it to be the Icecrown of Burning Crusade but with the current rates it just isn't.
    Are you the joker who thinks x2 would solve x1s problem on a promoted X5 server? Even x7 wouldn't get peoples to an End Game content runner realm.

Eventually Warmane gonna close Outland, maybe in the first quarter of 2020.

Hope to see a big name instead of the small written outland as a TBC realm.

First 12