1. Interest check in making a guild with 100% fresh Characters

Hey

Me and some friends had this idea and wanted to ask around if this is something anyone at all would like to join.

We're thinking about starting a guild from scratch, making all new characters and level together --> Gear together --> Raid together.
    With a lot of things banned such as, donating, getting boosted, buying items for points/coins, buying excessive BoE items, doing ICC Rep runs for free ring etc.
    Doing any of these things will get you kicked out of the guild in order to not ruin the fun for the people that want to get the entire experience without getting boosted from BiS geared players.

Basically play the same way this would have been played if there were no donating for gear on a completely fresh server.

I've made a strawpoll. (I don't know if this will stay up for as long as it is needed but I'll give it a try.)

http://www.strawpoll.me/18964696
    Edited: November 19, 2019

2. I will post the results here in a few days and set a date for the potential start-up!

3. With a lot of things banned such as, donating, getting boosted, buying items for points/coins, buying excessive BoE items, doing ICC Rep runs for free ring etc.
    Doing any of these things will get you kicked out of the guild in order to not ruin the fun for the people that want to get the entire experience without getting boosted from BiS geared players.
    Making sure everybody would follow the rules would be beyond possible. You'd need to heavily track each and everyone's progress, money, raid locks and doings in general.
    Forcing people to only do guild runs in RDF and raids (even if you join pugs as guild), the gearing progress would be slow. So slow, it would eventually kill the fun.

Let's say I went to Ulduar pug with no other guild member logged in, cleared few bosses and "won" few items from there. Where in truth the gear was bought from point shop, as my rolls were below 40 all the time.

4. I've been in a guild where they tried to tell us we couldn't do other content and we all laughed at the leaders. This is why the usual tactic for restricting people to lower gear has nothing to do with preventing people from doing other content, they simply won't let you raid with gear that wasn't obtained with the guild.

5. I understand it would take some doing to make work. I do not see it as being impossible tho.

It's quite easy to do a gear check in-before raids and if people suddenly show up with 284 ilvl weps it's quite obvious where they got it from.
    If people want to donate for gear and join 25man icc pugs, they will be locked-out and not able to raid with the guild so why join in the first place?

I do not believe people will have to follow rules, more so that they want to follow rules in order to enjoy the game in a different way than just joining a random guild on Icecrown right now.

Suggestions on how to make "this" work is appreciated, or ideas on how to make it work with the main idea in mind.

6. Making sure everybody would follow the rules would be beyond possible. You'd need to heavily track each and everyone's progress, money, raid locks and doings in general.
    Forcing people to only do guild runs in RDF and raids (even if you join pugs as guild), the gearing progress would be slow. So slow, it would eventually kill the fun.

Let's say I went to Ulduar pug with no other guild member logged in, cleared few bosses and "won" few items from there. Where in truth the gear was bought from point shop, as my rolls were below 40 all the time.
    I wouldn't agree on the gearing being "So slow it would eventually kill the fun." doing normal RDF and fos/pos normal is not restricted to guild runs only.
    What is restricted is TOC/ICC/RS 10/25 man. Ulduar gear is not the gear I am talking about seeing as that kind of gear is obtainable through RDF or fos/pos spam.

I do see your point, however, I believe some guidelines on what is/isn't allowed needs to be established before hand.

7. Well ICC isn't the only raid and typically progression guilds start out doing much lower tier content. Their members are rarely fresh, they're generally alts of people who're already farming end-game and are looking for something else to do. Hell, I have a set of Ulduar gear sitting in my bank from a progression guild on my main.

Some people have this weird concept of gaming for fun but be my guest and deny them for having progressed before you.

8. i didn't know Kim Jong played warmane.

9. Lol seems rarely who got the point.
    No one has to force or control anything, PEOPLE WHO WANT THAT join. And if you join and go naxx with 264 boe's.. this thing is not for you, obviously, and there is no reason for you to be there.

And if I have my BiS gear in bank, you know I can take it off and start build new one, progress and enjoy the game.

10. Well ICC isn't the only raid and typically progression guilds start out doing much lower tier content. Their members are rarely fresh, they're generally alts of people who're already farming end-game and are looking for something else to do. Hell, I have a set of Ulduar gear sitting in my bank from a progression guild on my main.

Some people have this weird concept of gaming for fun but be my guest and deny them for having progressed before you.
    I dont know how you think I'm trying to deny anything from anyone? I'm not trying to change the server or anything, just looking at a new way to utilize a great private server.

Yes, ICC isn't the only raid but if you look at the gear easily obtainable from RDF and HC Spam, TOC/ICC are the only raids that will pose any kind of struggle or difficulty seeing as you will out gear any earlier content.

And yes, I am talking about alts of people that are bored of raiding with close to BiS items when the raids are mostly a walk in the park due to being over geared for the content.

11. Lol seems rarely who got the point.
    No one has to force or control anything, PEOPLE WHO WANT THAT join. And if you join and go naxx with 264 boe's.. this thing is not for you, obviously, and there is no reason for you to be there.

And if I have my BiS gear in bank, you know I can take it off and start build new one, progress and enjoy the game.
    This is what I was thinking but I guess most people took me for some control freak that don't want BiS players to play the game.

12. I dont know how you think I'm trying to deny anything from anyone? I'm not trying to change the server or anything, just looking at a new way to utilize a great private server.

Yes, ICC isn't the only raid but if you look at the gear easily obtainable from RDF and HC Spam, TOC/ICC are the only raids that will pose any kind of struggle or difficulty seeing as you will out gear any earlier content.

And yes, I am talking about alts of people that are bored of raiding with close to BiS items when the raids are mostly a walk in the park due to being over geared for the content.
    The problem is you acted like having something to do outside of guild progression on the same character is somehow forbidden. As if the only way to prevent someone from using higher gear in your raids is to stop them from raiding with anyone else.

13. The problem is you acted like having something to do outside of guild progression on the same character is somehow forbidden. As if the only way to prevent someone from using higher gear in your raids is to stop them from raiding with anyone else.
    The reason why I say this is that people raiding with other BiS geared groups/raids would kind of neglect the reason as to why we had this idea to begin with ... If people want to get boosted by geared people there's plenty of guilds to join and raid with wouldn't you say?

14. The reason why I say this is that people raiding with other BiS geared groups/raids would kind of neglect the reason as to why we had this idea to begin with ... If people want to get boosted by geared people there's plenty of guilds to join and raid with wouldn't you say?
    You're completely missing the fact that some people have more than one set of gear and the ability to use the lower set in progression raids. But hey, let's reject people based on what they do outside of the guild when it has no impact on your raids. Better yet, reject them for doing PvP because naturally that means they're wearing resilience gear.

15. Maybe you might be interested in joining in on this concept instead - its along the lines of what you are thinking

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=410029

12 Last