1. Yeah that'd be unnecessarily strict, all you need to do is limit the item level for the current raid. Otherwise you'd basically be building a whole new character just to log in once a week for a raid. Very unappealing especially when one has multiple alts mothballed. You'd also be heavily restricting people from flexing missing roles with different characters, unless someone is actually willing to level multiple fresh characters. Say X person broke your rules and now you have to kick him, how are you going to replace them on short notice?
    Edited: November 21, 2019

2. Yeah that'd be unnecessarily strict, all you need to do is limit the item level for the current raid. Otherwise you'd basically be building a whole new character just to log in once a week for a raid. Very unappealing especially when one has multiple alts mothballed. You'd also be heavily restricting people from flexing missing roles with different characters, unless someone is actually willing to level multiple fresh characters. Say X person broke your rules and now you have to kick him, how are you going to replace them on short notice?
    The problem I see with limiting the item level to like "Below 264" when we do ICC 25m the first week is that people that get upgrades during that raid can't use them. And if we don't limit it to below 264 then all of a sudden 20+ people has full 264 from bank that was already obtained from precious raiding without any rules. Any ideas on how this issue could be fixed?
    And the "I can relogg my healer/tank/dps if you want me to" is why we've had this idea to begin with, so that people can experience 3.3.5 like it was back on retail wow where most people didn't have 3-6 classes fully raid ready and geared. Or even the knowledge of how to play and perform as those classes/roles. But obviously the rules needs to be worked on to attract more people to the idea.

3. Worth to mention is that we've had a few interested people and might be starting this project! I'll post back here in a few days for what you need to do in order to join in on the leveling and future gearing--> Raiding!

4. The problem I see with limiting the item level to like "Below 264" when we do ICC 25m the first week is that people that get upgrades during that raid can't use them. And if we don't limit it to below 264 then all of a sudden 20+ people has full 264 from bank that was already obtained from precious raiding without any rules. Any ideas on how this issue could be fixed?
    Just do like I said before, it's been the general method for all the guilds who start fresh for progression.

... the usual tactic for restricting people to lower gear has nothing to do with preventing people from doing other content, they simply won't let you raid with gear that wasn't obtained with the guild.

5. I love these kind of "progression" guilds, but I have 10 characters all bis for 10 years now, I have collected full Ulduar herald gear on 7 characters, and also full Naxxramas gear just for these kinda guilds, (I have joined 3 of these "kind of" guilds before) But I would not go and make a whole new account to level 1 character just for this, and I know about 5 other guys who talked about this and would be intrested to join too, Limiting the Ilvl would be the best option, not the players said progression besides that.

You might want to consider making this guild on "Horde" since alliance have had these guilds 3 times allready and Horde have a bigger PvE playerbase.

First 12