1. Is Gold Squish 2019 gonna happen?

There seems no news from the administration. Is this happening? I hope not.

2. Doesnt matter really, prices have already started to rise just because people expect it.

The squish hurts it more than it helps tho, once they announce it the prices of everything with go 2-4x higher

3. There seems no news from the administration. Is this happening? I hope not.
    February each year.

4. it was 2 times on 1st Jan and one time on 17. Feb, how do you know its Feb?

5. This statement is groundless.

First squish was August, then there were september and december, And also January 4, 2018. and last year Squish was not planned at all at first:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=393498

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2965339

Yet happened on February 17, 2019

Also they never said it's every year thing, only when the economy is in danger from going bad/ overcap.

ALSO they may take more or less than 50%, it's up to the staff to drink tea and be in a bad mood and we could wake up with -90% gold for all I know XD

6. ALSO they may take more or less than 50%, it's up to the staff to drink tea and be in a bad mood and we could wake up with -90% gold for all I know XD
    This year's theme will be "How the Grinch stole gold."

No but really, I haven't heard anything about this happening so far.

7. Thats why its smart to keep wealth in things other than gold ;)

8. This statement is groundless.
    First squish was August, then there were september and december, And also January 4, 2018. and last year Squish was not planned at all at first:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=393498
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2965339
    Yet happened on February 17, 2019
    Also they never said it's every year thing, only when the economy is in danger from going bad/ overcap.
    ALSO they may take more or less than 50%, it's up to the staff to drink tea and be in a bad mood and we could wake up with -90% gold for all I know XD
    This post is the only correct one floating around.
    Ingame you see people spewing some **** like "evil warmane, stealing MY HARD EARNED GOLD" and such bs, when it's just the greed and stupidity of some causing the squish. There would be no need for a squish if new players could realistically still buy gems/glyphs, but each year around this time people get scared and start jacking the prices up. Maybe do an ingame black friday, reduce all prices on the AH by 50% for a day, then return them to normal.
    I'd love to see that 90% cut to be honest, maybe a higher reduction would actually smack some sense into them. Keep your wealth in something that's always very valuable, like stacks of gems, primordials, fur or something like that. I've only ever sold what I had to and it's working quite well for me, might buy those 36 slot bags from the store tho.

9. There seems no news from the administration. Is this happening? I hope not.
    Announcing it this early would kinda defeat the purpose of the gold squish in some way woulden't you say?

10. Announcing it this early would kinda defeat the purpose of the gold squish in some way woulden't you say?
    We can make it happen, wouldn't you say?

Everybody farms now more than ever. All major guilds have a whole tab of Primos waiting to sell them for @ 2.5-3k ea.

It's self fulfilling prophecy.
    Edited: November 23, 2019

11. Purpose is to nuke bots gold reserves, they can't sell everything for good value right after squish, so in 2 weeks [time for gold value to return close to "normal" value] after squish they have lost effectively almost half of wealth they got. So timely announcement would make gold little less valuable faster than now, because now 8 dudes on realm still think squish might not happen and bots gold would lost value faster.

"Inflation" and "healthy" and stuff is just a smoke screen, because, what would you say if staff announced "We nuke your gold because that damaged gold farming bots bottom line", tough I guess that makes economy more healthy, question is if it's worth the price of ecenomy being all messed up for a half of the year?

12. Purpose is to nuke bots gold reserves, they can't sell everything for good value right after squish, so in 2 weeks [time for gold value to return close to "normal" value] after squish they have lost effectively almost half of wealth they got. So timely announcement would make gold little less valuable faster than now, because now 8 dudes on realm still think squish might not happen and bots gold would lost value faster.

"Inflation" and "healthy" and stuff is just a smoke screen, because, what would you say if staff announced "We nuke your gold because that damaged gold farming bots bottom line", tough I guess that makes economy more healthy, question is if it's worth the price of ecenomy being all messed up for a half of the year?
    Yes, it's always worth it. Having a stagnant economy is not only boring, but it allows people to rethink what the value of an item is. Prices change, and that's a good thing and a bad thing, but in the end, change occurs, and now you're forced to rethink your finances. If you're lazy, you lose in the end.

13. How's inflation a smokescreen in a system where thousands of gold are injected into the economy every day? It's the literal definition of inflation: a perpetual increase of the money supply.

14. How's inflation a smokescreen in a system where thousands of gold are injected into the economy every day? It's the literal definition of inflation: a perpetual increase of the money supply.
    Gold drains out and majority of gold collects rust in bags and banks. People who buy stuff for the most part are not ones with lots of gold, it's relatively new players. So the price is set by that, by the amount of gold someone can farm in 2-3 weeks, after squish prices drop and are at lowest some half a year after it. So how come first half of the year prices drop and second half prices rise? It's the same amounts of gold injected, so it has little to do with that. Instead all the "rusty" gold that went back in economy pre-squish drains out in first half of the year and second half of the year everyone starts to collect stuff and spend excess gold to "not get squished", so prices rise.

15. Don't care, it's a 7x server, hell, you get 47 gold per quest turn in. Gold is so easy to make, it is good if they squish gold, other wise, eventually a cardinal ruby will cost 5k.

12 Last